• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Reps. Matt Gaetz and Tom Reed face House Ethics Committee investigations

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
GOP Reps. Matt Gaetz and Tom Reed face House Ethics Committee investigations

download-1.jpeg

4/10/21
WASHINGTON – The House Ethics Committee is investigating Republican Reps. Matt Gaetz of Florida and Tom Reed of New York. Reed is accused of inappropriately touching a woman at a bar four years ago, and Gaetz faces a laundry list of allegations in connection with a Justice Department investigation. Gaetz has continued to deny wrongdoing after the New York Times reported he was the subject of a federal investigation. That investigation centers around whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old and paid for her to travel with him, according to the Times, which also reported investigators are looking into whether Gaetz violated sex trafficking laws. Gaetz has not been charged with a crime. The Florida congressman also has been accused of showing pictures and videos of nude women he had relations with to other lawmakers while on the House floor. Reed originally denied wrongdoing but later apologized to former lobbyist Nicolette Davis. In March, the Washington Post reported that while intoxicated, Reed rubbed Davis' back, moved his hand outside her shirt, unfastened her bra and continued to grope her in a bar in Minneapolis.

"The Committee is aware of public allegations" against both congressmen, the two statements say. "The Committee, pursuant to Committee Rule 18(a), has begun an investigation and will gather additional information regarding the allegations." The committee said it is additionally looking into allegations against Gaetz about illicit drug use, bribery, use of campaign funds for personal expenses and sharing "inappropriate videos on the House floor.” Reed recently announced he would not run for reelection or for New York governor in 2022 and "therefore will be retiring from public service on January 2nd, 2023." "In reflection, my personal depiction of this event is irrelevant," he said in a statement about the allegations against him. "Simply put, my behavior caused her pain, showed her disrespect and was unprofessional. I was wrong, I am sorry, and I take full responsibility." Gaetz, who gained national attention as one of former President Donald Trump's most ardent supporters in Congress, has painted the allegations against him as part of a political attack and, when the news first broke, as part of an extortion scheme. He has said he is "absolutely not resigning."

Reports say that Gaetz shared pictures and videos of nude women with GOP Representatives in the House cloakroom numerous times.

Once wasn't enough? How old are you idiots? 13?

Poor white conservatives really seem to have a thing for rallying around entitled trust fund babies who are sexual predators and elevating them within the movement.

Last edited:
Reed is accused of “inappropriate touching “ of a woman in a bar four years ago?

Did I get that part right?

Isn't it refreshing when a giant piece of shit actually looks exactly like what he is?

download-1.jpeg

Look at him. Like a creepier Ted Cruz. Just awful.

Back
Top Bottom