• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP report: No wrongdoing in Biden son ties to Ukraine firm, but still 'problematic

Puigb

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
A report released Wednesday by Senate Republicans found that the role of Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, on the board of the Ukrainian energy company Burisma was "awkward" and at times "problematic" for U.S. officials dealing with the country, but provides no new evidence and found no instance of policy being altered as a result of his role.

"The extent to which Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board affected U.S. policy toward Ukraine is not clear," the report finds.

Republican Sen. Ron Johnson, who led the investigation as chair of the Homeland Security Committee, had openly said he hoped the election-year probe would hurt the Democratic nominee and help President Donald Trump while Democrats had decried the effort as purely political.

Of course, anyone with an IQ above room temperature knew this was a non story, solely meant for purpose to save a worthless president's re-election chances because he can't run on his non existent accomplishments and joke of a "record".

I'm sure Barr will have some bogus "October surprise"...but it will not make any difference. Trump and his thugs have flung so much manure at Biden...and nothing sticks. Its a beautiful thing to watch.

I really don't care what a Republican sham report has to say. Not attacking your post, just commenting on the Republicans.

Of course, anyone with an IQ above room temperature knew this was a non story, solely meant for purpose to save a worthless president's re-election chances because he can't run on his non existent accomplishments and joke of a "record".

I'm sure Barr will have some bogus "October surprise"...but it will not make any difference. Trump and his thugs have flung so much manure at Biden...and nothing sticks. Its a beautiful thing to watch.
If "The extent to which Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board affected U.S. policy toward Ukraine is not clear," then it's impossible to say "No wrongdoing". What this means is that we need more investigation...preferably by the DOJ/FBI instead of a Congressional Committee.

Sorry, but your attempt to spin facts and logic into nonsense will only fool other useful idiots.

If "The extent to which Hunter Biden’s role on Burisma’s board affected U.S. policy toward Ukraine is not clear," then it's impossible to say "No wrongdoing". What this means is that we need more investigation...preferably by the DOJ/FBI instead of a Congressional Committee.

Sorry, but your attempt to spin facts and logic into nonsense will only fool other useful idiots.
Would that be like when Mueller said he was unable to exonerate Trump? I agree we needed more investigation by the DOJ. But Barr said no, Trump is fine. You can't have it both ways.

Would that be like when Mueller said he was unable to exonerate Trump? I agree we needed more investigation by the DOJ. But Barr said no, Trump is fine. You can't have it both ways.
Oh but they can. Look at graham, you can use my words against me. As if he gives a crap that anyone uses his words against him. The leadership of the gop I wouldn't trust as far as I can spit. Power, they want the power so they can pocket the money and squash any investigation into any republican.

Actually no...it's NOT like that.

Mueller WAS the DOJ/FBI. He employed the full power and resources of those agencies. His investigation spanned years and cost the taxpayer millions.

We have had NO comparable investigation into the Burisma/Ukraine/US mess.

Actually no...it's NOT like that.

Mueller WAS the DOJ/FBI. He employed the full power and resources of those agencies. His investigation spanned years and cost the taxpayer millions.

We have had NO comparable investigation into the Burisma/Ukraine/US mess.
How many millions did the fourteen republican investigations into hillary cost the taxpayers? And what was found? Is hillary in jail? Who paid for rudy to go to ukraine?

How many millions did the fourteen republican investigations into hillary cost the taxpayers? And what was found? Is hillary in jail?

Who cares? We are talking about Burisma/Ukraine/US.

Who paid for rudy to go to ukraine?
I don't know. You tell me.

it's weird that they didn't even make up a bunch of stuff and declare him the guiltiest person ever in the history of ever. they should give Tweety a crayon and let him write the report. If they were to do so, it might look something like this.

Hunterr is The Most Corrupt Ever, and Sleepy Joe was found to be Stuffing his Shoes with Russian money spectacularly. A lot of people are saying that, believe me. I'm not the Russian, he's the Russian. Thanks to My Amazing Investigation, It is absolutely, wonderfully certain that There Is A lot of Corruption here. Criminal corruption. I'm not the Criminal, they're the criminals. No Collusion! At least not me. Them!

Grade : A+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Maybe they can get James Comey to send a letter again.

WIll this same committee look into all of the stuff thta the Trump kids have been up to and how Trump has helped them make money from the White house?

Yes. As a matter of fact, it's exactly like what Mueller said.

I would have thought the GOP learned its lesson from the numerous failed waste of taxpayer dollars investigations into Hillary Clinton. Boy was I wrong.

Who cares? We are talking about Burisma/Ukraine/US.

I don't know. You tell me.
Exactly, who cares? Obviously not republicans and their supporters. You'll spend a ton of money trying to convict somebody and so far, nothing, but who cares? Burisma/ukraine, ok, let me know when charges are brought against any dem. I won't hold my breath waiting.

lmao, your party has you exactly where they want you. Newflash slick, there IS nothing that will come from this...but lord knows your leaders will dangle this in front of your face until it's no longer politically useful for them.

I would have thought the GOP learned its lesson from the numerous failed waste of taxpayer dollars investigations into Hillary Clinton. Boy was I wrong.

The GOP loves spending our tax dollars on sham investigations to distract the rubes from their failures...but suddenly they care about "fiscal responsibility" when a Democrat is in office, or when it involves helping out of work Americans who were screwed over by a president who downplayed a pandemic to save his re-election chances.

Millions have lost their jobs, More than 200,000 should not have died and thousands of employers are going out of business all due to the negligence of the right wing radical anti american GOP.

Now the USA is the epicenter of COVID 19 due to a monster misinformation campaign sanctioned by the GOP.

How long was COVID 19 traveling about the USA before the misinformation source in chief decided to share the news with the USA?

The employed did not ask the government to treat the coronavirus threat as if there was no reason for concern. As a result COVID 19 came upon us and is not going away. Meanwhile the GOP government is still advising no need to worry all will be swell. Yet more than 200,000 have died. And a few hundred thousand others are still trying to stay alive. And the people in the USA need additional stimulus money = yes the GOP have screwed up the economy once again.

ONLY 5,000 have died in China.

Why did the Capitol Hill GOP funnel billions upon billons of tax dollars from the COVID relief fund to white collar industries as we speak? This is reckless use of our tax dollars. White collar wealthy do NOT need bailed out.
One more example of how the GOP cannot be trusted with our money. Does anyone suppose that the GOP is allowing Trump people to embezzle money to keep the Trump hotels open?

lmao, your party has you exactly where they want you. Newflash slick, there IS nothing that will come from this...but lord knows your leaders will dangle this in front of your face until it's no longer politically useful for them.
Yes, yes...keep telling yourself that.

Exactly, who cares? Obviously not republicans and their supporters. You'll spend a ton of money trying to convict somebody and so far, nothing, but who cares? Burisma/ukraine, ok, let me know when charges are brought against any dem. I won't hold my breath waiting.
Oh...that's all you care about..."charges against any dems".

It's okay that the Obama administration is the most corrupt administration in anyone's memory...as long as no dems face charges.

Like you Trump supporters like to say "show me proof".

Hunter Biden was investigated by people that wanted to find dirt but did not find any.

Simply speaking for people like you, there is nothing negative the right can grab onto to put on the shoulders of his father Joe!

Wasn't this supposed to be one of the bombshells the Republicans were working on to spring on Joe just before the election? Well, like everything else with the Trump administration, pure lies and incompetence. Millions of tax payer dollars were spent on this, and NOTHING!

This is an example of why the Trump administration is incompetent and how they can hurt this country. What more proof do you need?

Last edited:
Oh...that's all you care about..."charges against any dems".

It's okay that the Obama administration is the most corrupt administration in anyone's memory...as long as no dems face charges.
Lol, yeah so corrupt that nobody was charged with anything and not a single soul from the obama administration is sitting in jail. How many folks surrounding trump have been indicted? How many went to jail already?

You and the rest of the foolish on the right are full of accusations so yes, I'm tired of hearing your accusations, prove it. Show me some charges, show my some indictments of anyone in the obama administration. Maybe it's the brains of the right that are corrupt.

Lol, yeah so corrupt that nobody was charged with anything and not a single soul from the obama administration is sitting in jail. How many folks surrounding trump have been indicted? How many went to jail already?

You and the rest of the foolish on the right are full of accusations so yes, I'm tired of hearing your accusations, prove it. Show me some charges, show my some indictments of anyone in the obama administration. Maybe it's the brains of the right that are corrupt.
Not everyone who commits crimes or who are politically corrupt get charged and convicted...just as people who have not committed crimes or who are not politically corrupt have been charged and convicted.

But there is no question that the Obama administration is the most corrupt administration in anyone's memory.

Not everyone who commits crimes or who are politically corrupt get charged and convicted...just as people who have not committed crimes or who are not politically corrupt have been charged and convicted.

But there is no question that the Obama administration is the most corrupt administration in anyone's memory.
I give you credit, you don't quit. You can't back up what you say with facts, all you do is keep repeating it like every other parrot supporter of trump. I hope you realize you are only talking to others who have the same opinion as you. The rest of us deal in reality.

Back
Top Bottom