• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Rep. Boebert: ‘I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk’

No. But I do agree with John Adams, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
And yet Article VI states, "no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States." So perhaps the Founders recognized that religion was not a prerequisite for moral behavior.

No. But I do agree with John Adams, "Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious People. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.”
Do you agree with the older John Adams - The one who vigorously opposed any overlap in church and state - that we know from the history books? The one who wrote to Jefferson-

Twenty times in the course of my late readings, I have been on the point of breaking out, 'This would be the best of all worlds if there were no religion in it!'

Before she took office she literally got a GED

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert received her GED diploma a few months before winning election to the House of Representatives.

Rating​

True

True
About this rating

Yes, I knew that.

I see the folks of the Big Tent Tolerant left have added GED shaming to their repertoire.

Shocking. :rolleyes:

So Boebert is sick of this separation of church 'junk'.

Of course it didn't occur to her that perhaps some people in the electorate would expect our representatives, you know, the folks who make laws consistent with the CONSTITUTION, that they would have at least studied the Bill of Rights.

Separation of Church and State is in the establishment clause of the First Amendment which states that you are free to practice your religion, just as long at it isn't subsidized directly by the US Taxpayer or otherwise sponsored by the US Government. I think we should use the word 'sponsor' on this because one could argue that their tax free status is, in effect, funding by the tax payers to the degree they do not pay taxes, others do. But, they do charity work. However, not all of their work is charity, they run businesses, or a number of religions such as Scientology, do. For example Scientology's book and film department, and their 'OSA" Office of Special Affairs, their nefarious and litigious dirty tricks department. Should not any business that a tax free institution runs be taxed?

Anyone here want to dispute that point on Boebert's ignorance of the first amendment?

Also, do any of you in the DP peanut gallery think it's a good idea that, in order to qualify as a lawmaker, anywhere, that they must pass a test on basic civics and the constitution? Is that too much to ask of our lawmakers? I mean, if there ever were evidence of the need for such a test, she is the living example.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/06/28/lauren-boebert-church-state-colorado/

Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.), who faces a primary election Tuesday, says she is “tired” of the U.S. separation of church and state, a long-standing concept stemming only from a “stinking letter” penned by one of the Founding Fathers.

Speaking at a religious service Sunday in Colorado, she told worshipers: “The church is supposed to direct the government. The government is not supposed to direct the church. That is not how our Founding Fathers intended it.”

She added: “I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk that’s not in the Constitution. It was in a stinking letter, and it means nothing like what they say it does.” Her comments were first reported by the Denver Post.
Well, frankly, I'm tired of Boebert!

I don't care about what that nasty piece of work wants.
What I do care about is how that screaming twit made to the supposed hallowed halls. I have difficulties trying to imagine the level of those that thought it was a good idea to vote for her, and it took quite a few of them.

I don't care about what that nasty piece of work wants.
What I do care about is how that screaming twit made to the supposed hallowed halls. I have difficulties trying to imagine the level of those that thought it was a good idea to vote for her, and it took quite a few of them.
It seems the bar or standards for public office is quite low these days.

It seems the bar or standards for public office is quite low these days.
Who or what is to blame for such a rise of the lowest common denominator? I think the derelict public education system has a good deal of the blame.

The ignorant leftist who actually believe that there’s separation of church and state from a letter they quote out of context is laughable. Separation of church and state was a ruling by a racist Supreme Court justice Hugo Black, former Klansman, who hated the Catholic Church. He used that letter as basis for his ruling completely out of context…

Who or what is to blame for such a rise of the lowest common denominator? I think the derelict public education system has a good deal of the blame.
I think the public in general is lacking intelligence and/or rational thought. Educational quality may be 1 factor, but not necessarily the only one. I'd add religion as a problem too.

The ignorant leftist who actually believe that there’s separation of church and state from a letter they quote out of context is laughable. Separation of church and state was a ruling by a racist Supreme Court justice Hugo Black, former Klansman, who hated the Catholic Church. He used that letter as basis for his ruling completely out of context…
What's laughable is upur post. Separation has been affirmed by the Founding Father's and the SCOTUS. Plus, it's just a good idea.

I think the public in general is lacking intelligence and/or rational thought. Educational quality may be 1 factor, but not necessarily the only one. I'd add religion as a problem too.
Oh yeah, the perversion of religion is a biggie.

I just want to take time out to make a simple point about the GOP...

Remember when you guys wanted this idiot to be a Senator?? Just because he asked that black guy you hated, a question?? A dumb one, at that...

z_gop.0066 (36).jpg

And remember when you wanted this woman to be Senator....the woman who had to try to convince everyone that she isn't a witch??
z_gop.0066 (31).jpg

Conservatives have a long history of pushing morons for candidates and then pretending to have never heard of them after the fact....I am predicting the same will be true for Boebert when she outlives her usefulness....except, unlike in the past -- this time, we have plenty of receipts....you won't memory hole this one away...

What's laughable is upur post. Separation has been affirmed by the Founding Father's and the SCOTUS. Plus, it's just a good idea.
What did the founding fathers say about separation? Again, are we going to ignore the obvious religious elements in the founding or even in todays government ? The establishment clause was preventing the federal from establishing a national/federal religion that doesn’t include from
States establishing one(which they did at one point) or for the federal gov having religious elements, which they do…

What did the founding fathers say about separation? Again, are we going to ignore the obvious religious elements in the founding or even in todays government ? The establishment clause was preventing the federal from establishing a national/federal religion that doesn’t include from
States establishing one(which they did at one point) or for the federal gov having religious elements, which they do…
Which religion is supposed to be controlling the government in your state??

They said there was a separation of church and state. Jefferson, Madison, and Adams made that abundantly clear more than anyone. The SCOTUS even agreed and affirmed their sentiments on the matter. At the time, states were generally more autonomous from the federal government and some had official religions. But that became irrelevant after the ratification of the 14th Amendment. The government cannot favor religion over others or over non-religion and vice versa. That simple concept has been the crux of many legal precedents over the years.

Oh yeah, the perversion of religion is a biggie.
If not the biggest. Perhaps I should post an article examining any correlation between religious belief and intelligence? Because let's face it, people are not too bright nowadays or they've become more irrational.

They said there was a separation of church and state
Where in the constitution does it state that ?
The SCOTUS even agreed and affirmed their sentiments on the matter.
And again Hugo black, who originated that “ruling”, was absolutely wrong.

The government cannot favor religion over others or over non-religion and vice versa.
We are talking about the founding where states were able to have state sponsored religions. The establishment clause is limiting, in this regard, the federal government not the state…

This isnt Twitter but thanks for showing the world what a buffoon Kinzinger is. He has gone full dumbass liberal by taking a comment he disagrees with and immediately comparing it to the worst of humanity. He is the type of idiot that will fit right in with the democrat party.

Back
Top Bottom