• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Rep. Boebert: ‘I’m tired of this separation of church and state junk’

A better argument is that Senators were not originally elected; they were appointed.

Regardless, my point stands. Even in its original construction, majority rules in our system of government. It was all a question of how large a majority and how long that majority applied pressure at the ballot box.
I don't understand this at all, unless you mean a majority of the States rather than a majority of the People.

I don't understand this at all, unless you mean a majority of the States rather than a majority of the People.
It means that our system of government is set up to slow down the majority acting on its will, but not prevent it. A persistent enough expression of public will will be enacted, eventually.

Well, Fletch bailed again on a conversation when it got too difficult for him. Post #225, and he's gone silent.

Disappointing but in no way surprising.

I don't care about what that nasty piece of work wants.
What I do care about is how that screaming twit made to the supposed hallowed halls. I have difficulties trying to imagine the level of those that thought it was a good idea to vote for her, and it took quite a few of them.
The American electorate?

Back
Top Bottom