• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Rep. Adam Kinzinger Calls on Party to Expel 'White Supremacy Caucus' Led By Marjorie Taylor Greene

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

4/16/21
Republican Illinois Representative Adam Kinzinger has called on congressional GOP leaders to expel members of the "America First Caucus," a newly formed group co-created by Republican Georgia Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene. Kinzinger referred to the group as the "White Supremacy Caucus." The group's seven-page policy platform, released by Punchbowl News, calls for a "common respect for uniquely Anglo-Saxon political traditions" and a return to an architectural style that "befits the progeny or European architecture." Anglo-Saxon is a term for white people related to Germanic inhabitants of 5th century England. "I believe anyone that joins this caucus should have their committees stripped, and the Republican conference should expel them from conference participation," Kinzinger wrote in a Friday evening tweet. "While we can't prevent someone from calling themselves Republican, we can loudly say they don't belong to us." The new caucus was co-founded by Republican Arizona Representative Paul Gosar. The group's platform pushes the repeatedly disproven falsehood that U.S. 2020 election was troubled by widespread fraud. The platform also expresses a desire to shrink the size of the federal government.

The group opposes all COVID-19 lockdown orders, international climate change agreements, foreign aid, granting of asylum to immigrant refugees and birthright citizenship. Its platform warns that "mass immigration" threatens "the long-term existential future of America as a unique country with a unique culture and a unique identity." The caucus also opposes any educational efforts that "undermine pride in America's great history and is actively hostile to the civic and cultural assimilation necessary for a strong nation." Republican Florida Representative Matt Gaetz announced his membership in the newly formed caucus via Twitter on Friday. Gaetz is currently under investigation for allegedly sex trafficking teenage girls. In early February, the Democratic-led House voted to strip Greene of all her committee seats due to her past social media endorsements of extremist conspiracy theories. In Greene's past social media comments, she has advocated for violence against House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and former President Barack Obama, said that an airplane never hit the Pentagon during the September 11 terrorist attacks, accused former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton of slicing off a child's face and wearing it and many other conspiracy theories.

Some of today's Congressional Republicans ..... from white supremacists to teenage sex traffickers.

Some of today's Congressional Republicans ..... from white supremacists to teenage sex traffickers.
Kinzinger is the kind of republican I used to vote for, before they lost their way and became the party of crazy evangelicals.

Republicans really need ro get rid of head cases like MTG. The country needs a viable right of center party and today’s GOP, peopled with idiots like her, ain’t it.

I fail to see what the issue is with the caucus.

For years Republicans said there was no such thing as 'Southern Strategy'. Well now it's right out in the open. They'll try to explain this away, but in reality they can't..

Its more like MAGA 2, or should I say, MAWA. Make America White Again. Ooops!

Kinzinger is the kind of republican I used to vote for, before they lost their way and became the party of crazy evangelicals.
Yup! Kinzinger, Cheney, Romney and maybe a handful of other actual Republicans left in today’s GOP.

Yup! Kinzinger, Cheney, Romney and maybe a handful of other actual Republicans left in today’s GOP.
Certainly not Dick Cheney and Romney is more right wing than too many think..............

ALEC/KOCH money owns the GOP which spreads legislation throughout the USA which I believe is obvious considering the rubber stamp bills coming up in each state. ALEC designs GOP legislation which has substantial fascist overtones .......

Certainly not Dick Cheney and Romney is more right wing than too many think..............

ALEC/KOCH money owns the GOP which spreads legislation throughout the USA which I believe is obvious considering the rubber stamp bills coming up in each state. ALEC designs GOP legislation which has substantial fascist overtones .......
Liz Cheney.

“More right” is a personal judgment. I disagree with your judgment.

Back
Top Bottom