• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP plans wave of White House probes

Chappy

User
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Excerpted from “GOP plans wave of White House probes” By GLENN THRUSH, Politico, 8/27/10 4:25 AM EDT
[SIZE="+2"]E[/SIZE]verything from the microscopic — the New Black Panther party — to the massive –- think bailouts — is on the GOP to-do list, according to a half-dozen Republican aides interviewed by POLITICO.

… [A] handful of aggressive would-be committee chairmen — led by Reps. Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) and Lamar Smith (R-Texas) — are quietly gearing up for a possible season of subpoenas not seen since the Clinton wars of the late 1990s. …

Republicans really do have an agenda for the nation after all.

After all the shady back door deals that Democrats have been involved in since Obama took office, they damned well do some honest investigating. Not to mention looking into all the tax evasion by democrats and appointees in the administration.

After all the shady back door deals that Democrats have been involved in since Obama took office, they damned well do some honest investigating. Not to mention looking into all the tax evasion by democrats and appointees in the administration.

LOL and Bush never ever did any shady deals?

Please show where the Republicans had to bribe anybody to pass legislation.

BTW........ Bush has been out of office now for 584 days, where have you been living?

What does this have to do with anything within the boundaries of the subject matter?

Is this like the default fall back retort or what? What Bush did or didn't do is irrelevant here.

What does this have to do with anything within the boundaries of the subject matter?

Is this like the default fall back retort or what? What Bush did or didn't do is irrelevant here.

Ummmm yes... yes it is.

y'all better watch out for issa, the guy's a stud

he'll dig for an ember, he'll blow

he's got lots of little campfires hastily extinguished with which to start his search

if reds take the house...

RealClearPolitics - 2010 Election Maps - Battle for the House

politics, baby, ya gotta love it

if you're an american, that is

..and the investigations will take up the time which could be used to nuke "health care", the draconian regulations among other things. Hurray were tossing out statism for statism-lite. :roll:

..and the investigations will take up the time which could be used to nuke "health care", the draconian regulations among other things. Hurray were tossing out statism for statism-lite. :roll:

For once I have to agree to a point.

IF they waste time and energy on these "probes" before taking care of business, they have no right to be placed back in power.

..and the investigations will take up the time which could be used to nuke "health care", the draconian regulations among other things. Hurray were tossing out statism for statism-lite.

nonsense, if issa finds what he seeks, obamacare will be all the easier to squelch

The only goal Republicans have for the next two years is to distract the country from the reality that they didn't cut the deficit or solve any of its problems.

The only goal Republicans have for the next two years is to distract the country

gonna do a whole lot more than distract...

seeya in november

and beyond

Last edited:

IF they waste time and energy on these "probes" before taking care of business, they have no right to be placed back in power.

Does anyone really believe that they will take their eye off HC. Even if one or two memebrs of congress do some investigation.

Sounds like desperate Dem bumper sticker rather than a real issue.

"Taking Care of Business".....That means refusing to fund any aspect of Messiah Care, refusing to raise taxes, refusing to grow government.

That won't take long.

Then investigations should be made into the reverse racism in the Justice Department, the summary dismissal of charges agains invaders held for Invading and awaiting deportation, and their subsequent release back to the streets, ACORN, etc.

That won't take much to set up, it's why God invented independent prosecutors.

That this corrupt administration is just begging to be inspected and that our media are rejecting their duty to inspect it is beyond question.

This nation is headed for a disaster that will equal what happened to Carthage, and both stopping the overt actions promoting this and uncovering the actors driving it are both essential actions.

If the opposition congress refuses to investigate this gang of traitors, THEN they don't deserve re-election.

Last edited:
I am reminded of a certain movie poster that could be applied to all kinds of things in politics. In this case, if the Republicans win the house as many seem to believe or if the Democrats keep the majority. If the Dems have it, the Republicans will think of new and creative ways to be dicks. If the Republicans have it, the Dems will do the same thing to the Republicans but, now the Republicans will waste a ****load of time trying to tear down any kind of progress made the past 2 years and needlessly probe into the White house. Oh and that poster? Here you guys go:

avp-poster-4.jpg

Good to see we finally agree on something.

Only when you're foolish enough to take things out of context.

Look it, I'm an American.

A real one.

I'm a US military veteran, I've put my one and only body between my country's foreign enemies, and I took an oath to protect the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.

The nation is currently under existential assualt from enemies within. I'm opposed to that.

You aren't.

Don't ever attempt to elevate your status by pretending agreement with me.

When the evidence of corruption is strong enough, the accusations must be investigated. You people seem to beleive that only Republicans can be corrupt and take false umbrage whenever a Democrat is accused. Your media plays along and feeds your delusions. If there's corruption is must not only be investigated, it must be prosecuted.

That means when Chucky Rangel and Maxine Waters are heaved out of Congress, they should be arrested and charged with felonies to be adjudicated in the proper criminal courts.

The Rapist President had to plead guilty to perjury, be disbarred and pay a fine.

You people need to stop being blind to the crimes committed against YOU and your children by the political hacks you elect.

Last edited:
Only when you're foolish enough to take things out of context.

Look it, I'm an American.

A real one.

I'm a US military veteran, I've put my one and only body between my country's foreign enemies, and I took an oath to protect the Constitution from enemies foreign and domestic.

The nation is currently under existential assualt from enemies within. I'm opposed to that.

You aren't.

Don't ever attempt to elevate your status by pretending agreement with me.

When the evidence of corruption is strong enough, the accusations must be investigated. You people seem to beleive that only Republicans can be corrupt and take false umbrage whenever a Democrat is accused. Your media plays along and feeds your delusions. If there's corruption is must not only be investigated, it must be prosecuted.

That means when Chucky Rangel and Maxine Waters are heaved out of Congress, they should be arrested and charged with felonies to be adjudicated in the proper criminal courts.

The Rapist President had to plead guilty to perjury, be disbarred and pay a fine.

You people need to stop being blind to the crimes committed against YOU and your children by the political hacks you elect.

Dude do you want a sideorder of french cries with that wwwwaaamburger?

Back
Top Bottom