• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Nazi candidate

PeteEU

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi? - Joshua Green - Politics - The Atlantic

An election year already notable for its menagerie of extreme and unusual candidates can add another one: Rich Iott, the Republican nominee for Congress from Ohio's 9th District, and a Tea Party favorite, who for years donned a German Waffen SS uniform and participated in Nazi re-enactments.

So "funny".. who in their right mind re-enacts such stuff unless you dont admire it? And if you admire it, then you have to be a neo-nazi in some way or another...

Oh a Tea-Party person also.. no wonder.

Why is This GOP House Candidate Dressed as a Nazi? - Joshua Green - Politics - The Atlantic

So "funny".. who in their right mind re-enacts such stuff unless you dont admire it? And if you admire it, then you have to be a neo-nazi in some way or another...

this guy:
chaplin.gif

Honestly on this, I'm kinda torn.
I really don't honestly know the guys motivations and if it were meant to glorify Nazi's, I'd be in total disagreement.

On the other hand, if he honestly meant for it to be historical reenactment, I don't see it as wrong.
We still have Confederate veterans day and reenactments here, although it isn't as important as regular veterans day.

Honestly on this, I'm kinda torn.
I really don't honestly know the guys motivations and if it were meant to glorify Nazi's, I'd be in total disagreement.

On the other hand, if he honestly meant for it to be historical reenactment, I don't see it as wrong.
We still have Confederate veterans day and reenactments here, although it isn't as important as regular veterans day.

TBH the Confederate veterans day and re enactments are tasteless too, but I guess it was needed to help integrate the defeated south... but like it or not, it is glorifying a state based on slavery.

But even comparing them to a group that started a war that killed 50 million people... come on. If this had been a Democrat or a muslim, then the right would be all over it screaming bloody anti-Semitism. I mean, look at what they are glorifying.. an SS unit.. not a normal German army unit, but an SS unit... the units behind the holocaust and some of the worst atrocities of the war.

TBH the Confederate veterans day and re enactments are tasteless too, but I guess it was needed to help integrate the defeated south... but like it or not, it is glorifying a state based on slavery.

There's a lot more to people who still believe in the Confederation, than slavery.
In fact, most people here don't see it as the previous slave states, but more of a regional patriotism.

But even comparing them to a group that started a war that killed 50 million people... come on. If this had been a Democrat or a muslim, then the right would be all over it screaming bloody anti-Semitism. I mean, look at what they are glorifying.. an SS unit.. not a normal German army unit, but an SS unit... the units behind the holocaust and some of the worst atrocities of the war.

Yea that probably wasn't the smartest thing for them to reenact.
If it had been a regular, none kill squad, I could see it as ok.

From my point of view though, I don't care what religion or party a person is a member of, but how they conduct themselves.
Thinking on this one for a sec and it was really stupid of them to do this.

Oh please, What about all the actors that played hitler in all the ww2 movies throughout time? Are they all glorifying hitler? Do they all love hitler? Granted, the hollywood acting crowd is ****ty, they're not "glorifying" anything

It's only reenactments, they're no different than movies, only done for entertainment. go find something else to criticise, like Rich Iotts stance on immigration.

Oh yeah, that's right, we don't focus on the issues/ :rolleyes:

There's a lot more to people who still believe in the Confederation, than slavery.
In fact, most people here don't see it as the previous slave states, but more of a regional patriotism.

I know.. it is called denial though.. the Japanese do the same thing with their past.

Yea that probably wasn't the smartest thing for them to reenact.
If it had been a regular, none kill squad, I could see it as ok.

Would be only slightly better, but still in the WTF you thinking category.

From my point of view though, I don't care what religion or party a person is a member of, but how they conduct themselves.
Thinking on this one for a sec and it was really stupid of them to do this.

Well this guy is a nazi... pure and simple.. he is glorifying the worst part of the Nazi regime.. there is no doubt what he is.

Oh please, What about all the actors that played hitler in all the ww2 movies throughout time? Are they all glorifying hitler? Do they all love hitler? Granted, the hollywood acting crowd is ****ty, they're not "glorifying" anything

They were doing their jobs.

It's only reenactments, they're no different than movies, only done for entertainment. go find something else to criticise, like Rich Iotts stance on immigration.

LOL what a load of bs. Re-enactment is voluntary and not a job... acting is a job.

Oh yeah, that's right, we don't focus on the issues/ :rolleyes:

Yes the issue is that the GOP and Tea Party is backing a Nazi for a congressional seat.

And the very fact that you can defend this guy.... either you are blind by partisan stupidity, or support this guys beliefs..

I know.. it is called denial though.. the Japanese do the same thing with their past.

Dude, you can't make a whole group drop their culture because some parts of it were bad.
We'd have to tear apart the whole world to do that.

Would be only slightly better, but still in the WTF you thinking category.

Kinda, I've seen a paint ball tournament that was a battle between pretend Germans and U.S.
A WW2 battle, what they did was use the Iron Cross instead of the Swastika.

Well this guy is a nazi... pure and simple.. he is glorifying the worst part of the Nazi regime.. there is no doubt what he is.

Ehh, I wouldn't be so hasty as to call him a Nazi but rather, really stupid.
That's all the information we have to go on right now.

Ok, why is this news?

I really could care less what the guy does in his spare time. As long as he isnt advocating for "the master race" during office hours, I dont give a crap what he does on his own time

Never heard of role playing before?

Again, why comment on these areas when you know nothing about them???

NaziZombies.com • View topic - Nazi Zombies Role Playing Thread

Lorien Trust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fools and Heroes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dragonbane - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sure.. most roleplaying is based on a fantasy... aka something you admire... aspire too.. or get off on.....which one of these do you think applies to him?

The right was all over Prince Harry dressing up in a nazi uniform at a costume party, and suddenly when it is one of your own, then it does not matter or is okay?

Well seems the GOP leadership got some balls and have distanced themselves from this freak..

Last edited:
PeteEU

Sure.. most roleplaying is based on a fantasy... aka something you admire... aspire too.. or get off on.....which one of these do you think applies to him?

If you read the article you yourself posted you'd quickly see the reason.
The right was all over Prince Harry dressing up in a nazi uniform at a costume party, and suddenly when it is one of your own, then it does not matter or is okay?

That was in the UK and the business of the UK but, as we well know, some members of the Royal family were seen to be sympathetic to Nazism. That should really be your concern, not a trivial event in US politics.

And of course it would be "the Right" who objected. The Left would never object to Nazism unless the symbolism involved an American, especially an American who isn't left wing.

Well seems the GOP leadership got some balls and have distanced themselves from this freak.

You have your own freaks to worry about, mate. You need some examples of them?

Islam Causes EU To Legalise Paedophilia - Anglo-Saxon Foundation

It's an odd hobby, but I've known people who admired Germany's military prowess, and the tactics and strategy they pioneered, while at the same time despising Nazism itself.

There is no reason to say he IS a Nazi. He denies it and unless you can prove that he was a member of some actual Nazi organization, he's simply a man with an odd hobby, one that might not sit well with some voters.

Continuing to call him a Nazi when there is no proof that he is, could be construed as trolling. This is thin ice, Pete.

The right was all over Prince Harry dressing up in a nazi uniform at a costume party,
......This is the US...

Back
Top Bottom