• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP likely to urge Obama officials not to shred documents

j-mac

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Fresh from a stinging midterm election defeat, House Democrats must quickly face another embarrassing spectacle: public trials for two of their most prominent members.

Reps. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) and Maxine Waters (D-Calif.), two senior House veterans, have opted to fight the separate ethics charges in public ethics trials set to take place later this month and extend into the first week of December.

Drawing criticism from Republicans, House ethics chairwoman Zoe Lofgren (D-Calif.) last month announced the trials would occur after the elections. Rangel’s will commence Nov. 15 and the Waters trial will start Nov. 29.

After electoral drubbing, Democrats must now deal with ethics trials - TheHill.com

It's about damned time! Let the investigations begin!

After all when Obama made this statement recently at a campaign stop, and again on Stewart:

Obama said:

Which begs the question, Oh yeah? What's that?

Maybe now we can find out....:shock:

the Hill also reports this:

Republicans are likely to urge the Obama administration not to shred documents as they transition to the House majority. 

Before the election, GOP officials on Capitol Hill privately discussed the issue but refrained from publicly tackling it, not wanting to assume what would happen on Election Day.

Now that Republicans will control the House, the shredding matter will move front and center.

GOP likely to urge Obama officials not to shred documents - TheHill.com

Here we go boys and girls....Hang on!

j-mac

I would rather they use their mandate from the American people to fix the mess the democrats have made for the last 6 years.

There will be time to investigate after we win the 2012 elections. And I believe the majority of Americans feel the same way. Get to work and stop this train wreck before it goes off the bridge with all of us. Republicans prove they can fix the mess, then the American people will have no problem giving us the WH and Senate in 12.

BTW J-Mac, I grew up in a little town called Moncks Corner.

I would rather they use their mandate from the American people to fix the mess the democrats have made for the last 6 years.

There will be time to investigate after we win the 2012 elections. And I believe the majority of Americans feel the same way. Get to work and stop this train wreck before it goes off the bridge with all of us. Republicans prove they can fix the mess, then the American people will have no problem giving us the WH and Senate in 12.

Except for the fact that Democrats have only controlled Congress for four years and the White House for two years.

It was the Republicans who were in control for the first six years of the decade and who laid the foundations for our economy's collapse. But don't let facts get in the way of your partisanship.

Except for the fact that Democrats have only controlled Congress for four years and the White House for two years.

It was the Republicans who were in control for the first six years of the decade and who laid the foundations for our economy's collapse. But don't let facts get in the way of your partisanship.

Ah, FFG....Revisionist to the end eh? You are correct that demo's have been in control of congress for 4 years, and the WH for two, however, it was demo laid policies that caused this melt down, and you know it.

j-mac

No doubt, but I think we can do both.

As for Moncks Corner, not sure where that is but I have heard of it....

j-mac

Ah, FFG....Revisionist to the end eh? You are correct that demo's have been in control of congress for 4 years, and the WH for two, however, it was demo laid policies that caused this melt down, and you know it.

It all started in 2006 when the first housing bubble burst. Not to over simplify and blame it all on the gov't or political parties, but I'm pretty sure before 2006 it was Reps in Congress and the White House.

It all started in 2006 when the first housing bubble burst. Not to over simplify and blame it all on the gov't or political parties, but I'm pretty sure before 2006 it was Reps in Congress and the White House.

Yeah, and before that it was Clinton, and before that it was Carter? The damage done during liberal controlled congresses is what caused the housing failure, and you can link it back to Union involvement targeting banks that refused to lend to people who couldn't afford the houses too. Then after Franklin Rains got done ripping us off, it collapsed and you liberals want to blame it on the repubs...What a load of crap....

Watch it this time:

j-mac

Shh. This is something that apparently can only be blamed on the Democrats.

j-mac

Odd how republicans are never accountable for their actions. it's always someone else's fault. The media, democrats, minotities, someone other than republicans. That's personal responsibility for you. :sigh:

Moderator's Warning:
Impersonating other members is a bannable offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Republicans, I admit, must accept a lot of the blame for this economic collapse. We controlled congress up until 2006 and are responsible for a complete lack of oversight, deregulating the housing market and increasing the debt more than any other administration in U.S. history. Obama, although not perfect, has done tremendously considering the economy he inherited. I don't know any other politician who has enough economic savy to fix a large recession in only 18 months (the recession ended in July 2009).

You fooled me for a second. I was about to have heart attack. :lamo :lamo :lamo

That said, not sure you should use his username this way. Seems too much like trolling to me. We'll see what the moderators think.

Yeah, and before that it was Clinton, and before that it was Carter? The damage done during liberal controlled congresses is what caused the housing failure, and you can link it back to Union involvement targeting banks that refused to lend to people who couldn't afford the houses too. Then after Franklin Rains got done ripping us off, it collapsed and you liberals want to blame it on the repubs...What a load of crap....

Do you have any hard facts to blame Dem Presidents like Clinton and Carter for the current mess? Or are they to blame simply because they were there? I mean Carter's presidency ended in 1981 which is almost 30 years ago. How is he responsible for these problems?

Do you have any hard facts to blame Dem Presidents like Clinton and Carter for the current mess? Or are they to blame simply because they were there? I mean Carter's presidency ended in 1981 which is almost 30 years ago. How is he responsible for these problems?

I think a McCain video spells it out the easiest.

Enjoy

j-mac

I have no desire for witch hunts or endless investigations.

However in the case of these two that have been mentioned, they were brought up BEFORE this all happened and the DEMOCRATS chose to delay them. I can't blame republicans for simply continuing them when they were supposed to be continued.

That video is pure propaganda and is pretty sad attempt at anything. It even says that in 1995 the Democrats passed the additions, but that is hard to do when it had to go through a Republican House first. Again this video just attempts to blame something that both parties had a hand in.

j-mac

First, the "fairness doctrine", that isn't supported by even the Democrats in Congress, and isn't even mentioned except as a boogyman by the RW rant radio moguls, then outlawing "redlining" as the cause of the housing crash.

The Community Reinvestment Act (or CRA, Pub.L. 95-128, title VIII of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1977, 91 Stat. 1147, 12 U.S.C. § 2901 et seq.) is a United States federal law designed to encourage commercial banks and savings associations to meet the needs of borrowers in all segments of their communities, including low- and moderate-income neighborhoods.[1][2][3] Congress passed the Act in 1977 to reduce discriminatory credit practices against low-income neighborhoods, a practice known as redlining

What a pile of malarky.

... and so it begins.

Quickly now ... how many out there predicted this?

And yet Obama discouraged investigations of the Bush Administration. No rewards for the righteous.

Last edited:
Odd how republicans are never accountable for their actions. it's always someone else's fault. The media, democrats, minotities, someone other than republicans. That's personal responsibility for you. :sigh:

Funny the same can be said about liberals. Blamed Bush lately? Because youre leadership and Chosen One do everyday. Kind of makes one look foolish when talking about someone else when they have fault themselves.

BTW, I stand corrected on the 6 years bit.

And yet Obama discouraged investigations of the Bush Administration. No rewards for the righteous.

Why have Bush bring down the Democrats as welll? Obama made the right decsion for his political party.

Link In OP said:
No one is accusing the Obama administration of destroying documents, but

:roll:

How transparent.

Deuce would like to urge the OP not to molest children. (six paragraphs later...) I mean, Deuce isn't saying the OP would ever molest children, he just wants to make sure that children are not molested.

Last edited:
Why have Bush bring down the Democrats as welll? Obama made the right decsion for his political party.

Which happens to be what is best for the country. Witch hunts are just opportunities for people to revel in the unaccountability of their own hypocrisy and double standards while more important work sits on the back burner.

I have no doubt that the Republicans are doing what is best for their party. There are no limits they will impose on themselves to accomplish that.

Last edited:

Enjoy

Ya dude I'm debating you, not some video. If you can't actually articulate your opinions yourself than we aren't going to have a debate.

I would rather they spend their time investigating any crimes the Leftists may have committed, rather than meddling with the private sector. As soon as the government gets out of our way and allows us to make money, the economy will get better.

Back
Top Bottom