• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP leaders look to curtail ballot initiatives after red state voters opt for legal weed, expanded Medicaid

It’s a good sign that legislatures are taking up this issue. Many people have been propagandized by wealthy elites that marijuana is good for them or that it’s medicine. Legislators need to stand up against this
Heh...I don't know where you in particular felt about it, but your side went nuts when schools were being encouraged by the government to drop sodas and cheezy poofs for healthier lunches, or when mayors or governors wanted to put a tax or ban sodas with a certain amount of sugar in them....

While I have no personal use for MJ, even I know that most of the time its more natural than the sodas and chips we consume. So, your argument rings a bit hollow....

The so-called GOP leaders truly believe they are a law unto themselves. They allegedly are to be servants of the people but in reality they have become a law unto themselves. In other words, they seek to limit or even undo democracy by their behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom