• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP leaders, if you do not agree with us, we will punish you

independentusa

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
DeSantis in Florida seems to be leading the GOP pack in going after those companies who do not agree with them politically. He is going after Disney because Disney disagreed with his position on gays and transgenders. In the past this would have been politically suicide, but with the MAGA group, it is just fine. They say that these companies should not be involved in politics, but they seem fine with the Koch Brothers or even Musk who side with the GOP. It is one thing for a group of people to stop using a product of a company whose politics do not agree with theirs, this has been going on in both sides of the aisle, but to have politicians of either side too use their elected position to punish companies is unethical and maybe even illegal.

all while Joe Biden sends people to rural areas to teach them how to fill out forms to receive funds earmarked for their communities.

all while Joe Biden sends people to rural areas to teach them how to fill out forms to receive funds earmarked for their communities.
?? I'm confused. Are you implying there's something wrong with that?
Or are you just intent on hijacking the thread by going off topic?

DeSantis in Florida seems to be leading the GOP pack in going after those companies who do not agree with them politically. He is going after Disney because Disney disagreed with his position on gays and transgenders. In the past this would have been politically suicide, but with the MAGA group, it is just fine. They say that these companies should not be involved in politics, but they seem fine with the Koch Brothers or even Musk who side with the GOP. It is one thing for a group of people to stop using a product of a company whose politics do not agree with theirs, this has been going on in both sides of the aisle, but to have politicians of either side too use their elected position to punish companies is unethical and maybe even illegal.

Another example of how the GQP favors freedom in name only.

You libs do this sort of thing all the time. Hell, you boycott entire states for not going along with your kook fringe leftist agenda. You dox people, you ban people so quit your whining.

DeSantis is playing this very smart. He knows he has a majority of Florida voters in his pocket. He knows he has the votes in the legislature. I will bet the farm that he's the 2024 GOP Presidential candidate.

DeSantis is playing this very smart. He knows he has a majority of Florida voters in his pocket. He knows he has the votes in the legislature. I will bet the farm that he's the 2024 GOP Presidential candidate.
The loudmouthed, leftist kooks are pissed, but the majority of the state is with him. Those are the people he is elected to represent. And that is what he is doing.

This is the "we" that's going to punish them?

1215941_Freaks.jpg

The loudmouthed, leftist kooks are pissed, but the majority of the state is with him. Those are the people he is elected to represent. And that is what he is doing.

I agree with this. The problem is not DeSantis. Florida is a democracy (currently). The problem is his supporters.

This is the "we" that's going to punish them?

1215941_Freaks.jpg
You should probably post your family photos in another part of the forum. This section is for political discussion.

I agree with this. The problem is not DeSantis. Florida is a democracy. The problem is his supporters.
No, the problem is that you only support democracy when people vote the way you want them to.

You libs do this sort of thing all the time. Hell, you boycott entire states for not going along with your kook fringe leftist agenda. You dox people, you ban people so quit your whining.

I remember a time when conservatives understood the differences between the actions of the state and the actions of private individuals.

You know, back when principles mattered, rather than resentment and grievance.

Ad hominem so early in the conversation? It must be Fletch!
That wasnt an ad hom, it was an accurate translation of what you posted. Sorry if your own positions offend you

I remember a time when conservatives understood the differences between the actions of the state and the actions of private individuals.

Conservatism is dead. Its success killed it.

That wasnt an ad hom, it was an accurate translation of what you posted. Sorry if your own positions offend you

At what point did I not support democracy in that post? Hell, you got all wound up and I was agreeing with you.

It was the position of Disney that was based upon resentment and grievance and general left wing dishonesty. The change in Disneys status was agreed to by the Florida House, Senate and Governor, all elected representatives of the people. Thats democracy in action.

It was the position of Disney that was based upon resentment and grievance and general left wing dishonesty.

You're cheering for The Government punishing private actors for political speech.

You don't see how that's both bad, and entirely against "conservative" principles?

The change in Disneys status was agreed to by the Florida House, Senate and Governor, all elected representatives of the people. Thats democracy in action.

As will the fall-out in the next election.

"Kook fringe leftist agenda" of "lets treat lgbt people with decency" LOL

You should probably post your family photos in another part of the forum. This section is for political discussion.
Those punishing are obviously "republican". I don't think even you could mistake me for a republican. Therefore, major fail.

It was the position of Disney that was based upon resentment and grievance and general left wing dishonesty. The change in Disneys status was agreed to by the Florida House, Senate and Governor, all elected representatives of the people. Thats democracy in action.
No, this is right wing culture war. You're mad about what Disney is doing, so you're attacking them. Liberals don't care.

You're cheering for The Government punishing private actors for political speech.

You don't see how that's both bad, and entirely against "conservative" principles?

As will the fall-out in the next election.
DeathSantis tried to impose his bullshit policies on the cruise lines, and it backfired on him. This will backfire too. Disney is the largest employer in FL. That has to mean something to the FL voters.

Back
Top Bottom