• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weekslong Battle With Coronavirus

madman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
No more conspiracy theories for him.
He's got 100% freedumb now.

thoughts and prayers? nawww

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina who fought COVID-19 vaccination efforts, died on Thursday of the coronavirus after a weekslong battle, including six days spent on a ventilator, The Greenville News reported.

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.
Stutts served as an executive committee member of the Greenville County Republican Party and the leader of the Greenville Tea Party. He protested Vice President Kamala Harris when she visited the area in June to promote vaccination and called the effort an “ungodly initiative.”

Stutts also praised a state effort to strip funding from schools that imposed mask mandates or testing requirements, and was angry about $10 gift card incentives for vaccination, writing to his 5,000 followers: “Do not sell your body nor your soul no matter the asking price.”
d

Sad for his family

Trump brought all of this on himself.

1. Already a thread on this. Let the "search" function be your friend.
2. I won't be surprised if this turns into another DISGUSTING and HATEFUL thread.
Don't read it then. Problem solved.

1. Already a thread on this. Let the "search" function be your friend.
2. I won't be surprised if this turns into another DISGUSTING and HATEFUL thread.

You act like you've never smiled at a train wreck.

I feel sorry for his family as i would for any family losing a loved one.

However, I am glad that this person is no longer in any position of authority or influence. I have ZERO respect for someone like this who so thoroughly allows emotion and belief to overwhelm his reason and capacity for analytical thought, and in so doing becomes a threat to others.

The guy is in the ICU and doing everything he could to undermine efforts to keep COVID out of schools. And for ****'s sake, with what logic? According to the article,
>>
On Aug. 1 ― the day he went into the ICU ― Stutts insisted he had “always contended that COVID was very real” and called it “a deadly bio-weapon perpetrated upon the people of the world by enemies foreign, and perhaps domestic.”
<<
So what? What possible rational connection is there between the possibility that Covid is a bioweapon and taking steps to protect oneself and others from it?

If you want to bring flowers to his grave as well as Hitler's and Stalin's for that matter, noone is stopping you. I am sure you never a said a bad word about any of them after they died. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom