• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP: Keep Your Guns, We'll Spy on Your Browsing

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Is it too much to ask that I keep my guns AND my privacy?

if this passes it should be challenged in court and deemed unconstitutional just like it was before.

if this passes it should be challenged in court and deemed unconstitutional just like it was before.

Don't be so sure, we are dealing with jurisprudence and clauses taken out of context. You pay for internet service so your browsing and emails are commerce.

The GOP are morons because they have become liberals along with the Democrats. Violate the peoples 4th amendment rights because they can violate their 2nd. Perfect!

The reason I am Centrist is because both the Left and the Right have lost their minds. So, yeah. One side wants to up-end the 2nd; the other, all the other 10.

Don't be so sure, we are dealing with jurisprudence and clauses taken out of context. You pay for internet service so your browsing and emails are commerce.

...with no expectation of privacy. That's what they will argue.

The reason I am Centrist is because both the Left and the Right have lost their minds. So, yeah. One side wants to up-end the 2nd; the other, all the other 10.

I hear ya, That's why I set my lean to Libertarian, it doesn't really fit but its close I guess. Maybe constitutionalist? I even have a liberal lean when it comes to Capitalism.

that is a far stretch and cry of the commerce clause.

I hear ya, That's why I set my lean to Libertarian, it doesn't really fit but its close I guess. Maybe constitutionalist? I even have a liberal lean when it comes to Capitalism.

Libertarian is a good umbrella term for a lot of stuff, and you definitely strike me as a Constitutionalist from what I've seen of your posts.

Well, I've read the article. At this point, nothing the Republicans do pisses me off. I still get a little more disappointed with every news story I read, but angry is worn out beyond salvage.

What a bunch of partisan bull****. You have the Democrats wanting to remove your rights without due process and the Republicans wanting to violate your privacy. How can anyone say one is any worse than the other, unless you're just a partisan hack looking at things through your own moronic blinders?

Along with the DEA/WoD, there's nothing much more I despise than the Patriot Act! Now ask my why I despise the GOP so much? :doh

The Patriot act is a travesty on par with Obama care.

Libertarian is a good umbrella term for a lot of stuff, and you definitely strike me as a Constitutionalist from what I've seen of your posts.
If you have some Left positions too, you could set it "Libertarian-Left" like me, though I still find that inadequate for myself - but better than nothing.

Maybe we need: "Independent Critical Thinker Votes on Issues"?

that is a far stretch and cry of the commerce clause.

No more so than a power to "tax income from all sorces" means that you can be taxed for what you did not elect to buy. Lawyers, which includes many congress critters, have all mannner of legal tricks that can make this into that.

No more so than a power to "tax income from all sorces" means that you can be taxed for what you did not elect to buy. Lawyers, which includes many congress critters, have all mannner of legal tricks that can make this into that.

Or how a fine for not purchasing goods and services from private entities that lobby congress is a tax (ACA).

Do people actually think their browsing history is private?
I find it odd that people who are willing to quickly give up one of their rights, seemed concerned about some of the others.
When we diminish the value of any part of the bill of rights, it diminishes all of the bill of rights!

which is why it is up to us the people to stop them which is why we have the constitution.

You pay for phone service, too, but that doesn't mean you don't have a reasonable expectation of privacy in your phone conversations.

Gotta Love the GOP.

https://news.vice.com/article/republicans-are-coming-for-your-browsing-histories-not-your-guns

And, people wonder why most of us see Republicans as morons.

You're correct, the Republicans are hypocritical as hell here, however, this is also the power that Obama and his DOJ/FBI have been asking for, for years. Neither party gives a crap about the Constitution right now, and we the people have to stop them.

BTW, the amendment that would have given the FBI the power they wanted, failed just about an hour ago in the Senate. However, the Senate majority leader switched his vote to NO at the last second so that under Senate rules, he can brink it back up for another vote as early as next week.

These people took an oath to protect and defend the Constitution - and then they attack it with crap like this. They should all be thrown out on the street.

which is why it is up to us the people to stop them which is why we have the constitution.

To use that constitution you must first have standing to appeal your case. Generally, that means first running afoul of the "unconstitutional" law and being penalized (convicted). If you don't mind being a felon for a quite a while (possibly forever) then go for it. ;)

Back
Top Bottom