• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP installs SCAM drop boxes, to throw the election. IN CALIFORNIA.

Once again, reading the law the Democratic Party in California makes those boxes legal. However, using an official seal may be illegal. If so, the crime (if a crime) is falsely using a state or local government seal, not violation of any election law.

Read the law. It is not long.

Quote anything in it making the boxes illegal? It says anyone can collect ballots. That was the specific purpose of the Democratic Party's law proposed by the Democratic governor.

You are correct. If these unofficial ballot boxes are just being left hither, thither and yon without someone identifiable next to them, they should be stopped immediately.

But judging by the article (please correct me if I am wrong) the GOP groups putting these collection boxes up appear to be targeting Republican voters especially via social media. And if that is the case, who exactly is being harmed by this?

What in principle is wrong with Republican political activists collecting Republican voters' ballots?

The California law does not require anyone to be present.

You are correct. If these unofficial ballot boxes are just being left hither, thither and yon without someone identifiable next to them, they should be stopped immediately.

But judging by the article (please correct me if I am wrong) the GOP groups putting these collection boxes up appear to be targeting Republican voters especially via social media. And if that is the case, who exactly is being harmed by this?

What in principle is wrong with Republican political activists collecting Republican voters' ballots?
WE dont know enough about the people and motives behind it. There needs to be an investigation.

If they're not doing something with the ballots other than delivering them, then it looks fishy at first glance but isn't. I mean, they are following any relevant requirements, right?

If not, come down as hard as possible on them.

I oppose all of the mail-in ballot practices. It should return to people vote on election day. Not before. The only exceptions are if a person truthfully can swear they are:
1. In the military elsewhere
2. Will be in the hospital on election day for necessary reasons
3. Are so physically disabled and home bound they can not go to a poll
4. Will be out of the country

Making such declaration allows voting with an absentee ballot. Making such a false declaration should be a state and federal felony (if both state and federal elections on the ballot. Otherwise, just the jurisdiction on the ballot.)

Voters should be required to put their fingerprint on the ballot and give the last 4 numbers of their social security number plus sign the ballot and at the polls sign the voter registration book along with their fingerprint.
Question. How many people can a in person polling place process in a day?

If you want the majority of people to do in person voting, i suggest we need a voting week or month , not just one day.

The California law does not require anyone to be present.
Question. How many people can a in person polling place process in a day?

If you want the majority of people to do in person voting, i suggest we need a voting week or month , not just one day.

Answer: Everyone can vote in 1 day if election divisions did their job correctly. However, a week of early voting in person would be ok - such as is done in Florida.

If they're not doing something with the ballots other than delivering them, then it looks fishy at first glance but isn't. I mean, they are following any relevant requirements, right?

Yeah, the jury is still out on this one. So far this just sounds like some republicans are playing political games to mess with the heads of the democrat opposition. Specifically on the topic of vote harvesting.

As long as all the ballots are making their way to the election board vault, all is good. And so far there isn't any evidence to the contrary.

If anyone gets arrested during these shenanigans i will be surprised.

What is the OPer's complaint? The Democratic Party demands ballot harvesting be legal.

What is the OPer's complaint? The Democratic Party demands ballot harvesting be legal.

Ballot harvesting is the act of a person physically retrieving a ballot from a voter. It is not setting up fake drop boxes with illegal counterfeit labels to deliberately mislead voters into thinking they are official board of election dropboxes. So why is the GOP doing that and what are they doing with the contents?

They will dump them in the ocean, WITHOUT looking inside, so they are not liable. The gall.

-------------------------------------------
California GOP installed unofficial ballot drop-off boxes. State officials say they're illegal.
The metal boxes have popped up around Southern California in recent weeks, from churches to gun stores to gyms. On the front, an authoritative-looking sign beckons to voters: “Official ballot drop-off box.”

The California GOP has pushed voters to pop their mail-in ballots inside. Social media posts have advertised their locations, and one regional field director posted a photo to Twitter on Friday showing him holding a ballot in front of one of the boxes.

“Doing my part and voting early,” Jordan Tygh wrote in the now-deleted tweet, which was reviewed by The Washington Post before it was removed. “DM me for convenient locations to drop your ballot off at!”

But those containers, which were first reported by the Orange County Register and KCAL, are not county-authorized ballot drop-off sites. In fact, the unofficial boxes are against the law, state officials said Sunday.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...l-ballot-boxes/#click=https://t.co/JP8P8bIKMb
---------------------------------------------------------------------
wE ARE NOT a Democracy, NOR SHOULD WE BE, indeed.
your all for drop boxes till they get on your way interesting.

Ballot harvesting is the act of a person physically retrieving a ballot from a voter. It is not setting up fake drop boxes with illegal counterfeit labels to deliberately mislead voters into thinking they are official board of election dropboxes. So why is the GOP doing that and what are they doing with the contents?
we want to know the same thing about all these leftist drop boxes and ballot harvesters.

we want to know the same thing about all these leftist drop boxes and ballot harvesters.

What “leftist drop boxes?” Link? And if such a thing even exists are they putting illegal counterfeit labels on them to trick voters like the GOP is doing?

What “leftist drop boxes?” Link?
plenty of articles of democrats posting drop boxes all over the place. been posted on here. people ballot harvesting for democrats. one guy had 300 ballots in his car and wasn't an official or election member for the state.

so if you have no issue with that this should be ok.

i tried to be reasonable and logical about this nonsense and as usual the leftist crowd rejects all logic and reason. so screw it. they opened the can of worms so they have to deal with it.

plenty of articles of democrats posting drop boxes all over the place. been posted on here. people ballot harvesting for democrats. one guy had 300 ballots in his car and wasn't an official or election member for the state.

so if you have no issue with that this should be ok.

i tried to be reasonable and logical about this nonsense and as usual the leftist crowd rejects all logic and reason. so screw it. they opened the can of worms so they have to deal with it.

Do you have a link to any drop boxes being installed by the DNC? Do you have a link to the DNC using illegal counterfeit labels to trick voters into thinking drop boxes are managed by the board of elections? Outrage is the only reasonable response to what the GOP is doing.

Do you have a link to any drop boxes being installed by the DNC? Do you have a link to the DNC using illegal counterfeit labels to trick voters into thinking drop boxes are managed by the board of elections? Outrage is the only reasonable response to what the GOP is doing.
hypocrisy noted and dismissed.
if you do not have an issue with democrat operatives ballot harvesting and putting up drop boxes then you should not have an issue with this.

As long as the ballots are being delivered to the local county election boards and not being discarded, altered, or other fraud, then it is NO DIFFERENT than the "ballot harvesting" opertions the democrats in that state used in 2016 where they went and collected ballots at nursing homes, veterans homes, certain neighborhoods, and then delivered those ballots to the local election boards.

But here you have Republicans setting up indoor boxes at places where they can be monitored to assure the ballots are not being discarded. So why are Democrats worried about that? If they claimed that in 2016 no Democrat ballot harvestors would risk committing a federal crime to defraud voters, and the effort was only meant to assure ballots were being collected and counted, then why is it different when the shoe is on the other foot?

hypocrisy noted and dismissed.
if you do not have an issue with democrat operatives ballot harvesting and putting up drop boxes then you should not have an issue with this.

I absolutely have an issue with the GOP setting up fake drop-off boxes with illegal counterfeit labels to trick voters into thinking they are board of elections boxes. Your failure to produce any evidence whatsoever that the DNC has done or is doing anything even remotely similar is duly noted.

As long as the ballots are being delivered to the local county election boards and not being discarded, altered, or other fraud, then it is NO DIFFERENT than the "ballot harvesting" opertions the democrats in that state used in 2016 where they went and collected ballots at nursing homes, veterans homes, certain neighborhoods, and then delivered those ballots to the local election boards.

But here you have Republicans setting up indoor boxes at places where they can be monitored to assure the ballots are not being discarded. So why are Democrats worried about that? If they claimed that in 2016 no Democrat ballot harvestors would risk committing a federal crime to defraud voters, and the effort was only meant to assure ballots were being collected and counted, then why is it different when the shoe is on the other foot?

They are not all indoor boxes and the locations these are installed do not have keys. Why worry that the GOP is setting up fake drop-off boxes with illegal counterfeit labels to trick people into thinking they are owned and operated by the board of elections? What is the purpose of that deceit? Why is the GOP lying about who owns and has access to those boxes and their contents? Who is really accessing the contents and what are they doing with it? And why is everyone who promoted the use of these boxes now deleting those promotions from their social media accounts? This is rotten and you know it.

Last edited:

I dont think so. I think it is against the law to put out your own mailbox either. There are chain of custody concerns, and KNOWING who puts out boxes, so you can check.

I oppose all of the mail-in ballot practices. It should return to people vote on election day. Not before. The only exceptions are if a person truthfully can swear they are:
1. In the military elsewhere
2. Will be in the hospital on election day for necessary reasons
3. Are so physically disabled and home bound they can not go to a poll
4. Will be out of the country

Making such declaration allows voting with an absentee ballot. Making such a false declaration should be a state and federal felony (if both state and federal elections on the ballot. Otherwise, just the jurisdiction on the ballot.)

Voters should be required to put their fingerprint on the ballot and give the last 4 numbers of their social security number plus sign the ballot and at the polls sign the voter registration book along with their fingerprint.
Why do people like you think you have any right to tell people how to ****ing vote?

People debate laws without ever actually reading the law itself. Blindly believing what is on TV, in the newspaper or online is foolish when you can read the actual law.

It was Democrat Governor Brown who created the ballot harvesting law in 2016. It has been challenged in court and upheld. This is the actual text of the law:

If you can find language outlawing collecting/harvesting ballots by using drop boxes, point to where the law says so. It doesn't or at least not that I can find.
And apparently you didn't read it or if you did, failed to understand it. Here's a couple of relevant parts...
3017 [...]
(1) return the ballot by mail or in person to the elections official from whom it came,
(2) return the ballot in person to a member of a precinct board at a polling place within the jurisdiction, or
(3) return the ballot to the elections official from whom it came at a vote by mail ballot drop-off location, if provided pursuant to Section 3025.
[...]
3025 [...]
(1) “Vote by mail ballot drop box” means a secure receptacle established by a county or city and county elections official whereby a voted vote by mail ballot may be returned to the elections official from whom it was obtained.
(2) “Vote by mail ballot drop-off location” means a location consisting of a secured vote by mail ballot drop box at which a voted vote by mail ballot may be returned to the elections official from whom it was obtained.
[...]
Note the "secure receptacle established by a county or city and county elections official".

The GOP can't just go drop off their own collection boxes.

They will dump them in the ocean, WITHOUT looking inside, so they are not liable. The gall.

-------------------------------------------
California GOP installed unofficial ballot drop-off boxes. State officials say they're illegal.
The metal boxes have popped up around Southern California in recent weeks, from churches to gun stores to gyms. On the front, an authoritative-looking sign beckons to voters: “Official ballot drop-off box.”

The California GOP has pushed voters to pop their mail-in ballots inside. Social media posts have advertised their locations, and one regional field director posted a photo to Twitter on Friday showing him holding a ballot in front of one of the boxes.

“Doing my part and voting early,” Jordan Tygh wrote in the now-deleted tweet, which was reviewed by The Washington Post before it was removed. “DM me for convenient locations to drop your ballot off at!”

But those containers, which were first reported by the Orange County Register and KCAL, are not county-authorized ballot drop-off sites. In fact, the unofficial boxes are against the law, state officials said Sunday.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...l-ballot-boxes/#click=https://t.co/JP8P8bIKMb
---------------------------------------------------------------------
wE ARE NOT a Democracy, NOR SHOULD WE BE, indeed.

There needs to be a Grand Jury eventually handing down Felony Federal Indictments and there needs to be the removal of pardoning criminals by any president no matter what.

I'll be honest - I don't believe for a moment the GOP is doing this for legitimate purposes.

Back
Top Bottom