• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP installs SCAM drop boxes, to throw the election. IN CALIFORNIA.

Guyzilla

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
They will dump them in the ocean, WITHOUT looking inside, so they are not liable. The gall.

-------------------------------------------
California GOP installed unofficial ballot drop-off boxes. State officials say they're illegal.
The metal boxes have popped up around Southern California in recent weeks, from churches to gun stores to gyms. On the front, an authoritative-looking sign beckons to voters: “Official ballot drop-off box.”

The California GOP has pushed voters to pop their mail-in ballots inside. Social media posts have advertised their locations, and one regional field director posted a photo to Twitter on Friday showing him holding a ballot in front of one of the boxes.

“Doing my part and voting early,” Jordan Tygh wrote in the now-deleted tweet, which was reviewed by The Washington Post before it was removed. “DM me for convenient locations to drop your ballot off at!”

But those containers, which were first reported by the Orange County Register and KCAL, are not county-authorized ballot drop-off sites. In fact, the unofficial boxes are against the law, state officials said Sunday.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...l-ballot-boxes/#click=https://t.co/JP8P8bIKMb
---------------------------------------------------------------------
wE ARE NOT a Democracy, NOR SHOULD WE BE, indeed.

Last edited:
They dump them in the ocean, WITHOUT looking inside, so they are not liable. The gall.

California GOP installed unofficial ballot drop-off boxes. State officials say they're illegal.
The metal boxes have popped up around Southern California in recent weeks, from churches to gun stores to gyms. On the front, an authoritative-looking sign beckons to voters: “Official ballot drop-off box.”

The California GOP has pushed voters to pop their mail-in ballots inside. Social media posts have advertised their locations, and one regional field director posted a photo to Twitter on Friday showing him holding a ballot in front of one of the boxes.

“Doing my part and voting early,” Jordan Tygh wrote in the now-deleted tweet, which was reviewed by The Washington Post before it was removed. “DM me for convenient locations to drop your ballot off at!”

But those containers, which were first reported by the Orange County Register and KCAL, are not county-authorized ballot drop-off sites. In fact, the unofficial boxes are against the law, state officials said Sunday.

Read more: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...l-ballot-boxes/#click=https://t.co/JP8P8bIKMb

The Rethuglican efforts to subvert the will of the people are underway.

Why would anyone believe anything Jeff Bezos says?

If this is true, then clearly they have had to have violated some form of voting law. You can't just set up fake drop off boxes.

California Republicans Set Up Unofficial Ballot Drop-Off Boxes Deemed Illegal By State Officials
And this was the response:

California law allows people to hand their ballots over to a designated third party, who can then deliver the ballot, and state Democrats have used this law to hold “ballot parties” where attendees can fill out their mail-in ballots and leave them with volunteers who can submit them at once.
The California GOP is using the same law to justify its use of these ballot boxes with the National Republican Congressional Committee tweeting that California Democrats were “only ok with ballot harvesting when it’s the Democrats ballot harvesting.”

If ballot harvesting is legal, it's legal. Does California law specifically outlaw a third party putting up drop boxes? If not, then chalk this up to the law of unintended consequences.

And this was the response:

California law allows people to hand their ballots over to a designated third party, who can then deliver the ballot, and state Democrats have used this law to hold “ballot parties” where attendees can fill out their mail-in ballots and leave them with volunteers who can submit them at once.
The California GOP is using the same law to justify its use of these ballot boxes with the National Republican Congressional Committee tweeting that California Democrats were “only ok with ballot harvesting when it’s the Democrats ballot harvesting.”

If ballot harvesting is legal, it's legal. Does California law specifically outlaw a third party putting up drop boxes? If not, then chalk this up to the law of unintended consequences.
It outlaws SCAM official stamps on the box.

If this is true, then clearly they have had to have violated some form of voting law. You can't just set up fake drop off boxes.
What makes them fake? If 3rd parties collecting ballots is legal, then what is the illegality? Does California's law legalizing ballot harvesting specifically state the ballot must be physically handed to the 3rd party? If not, California legalized 3rd parties setting up ballot collecting/harvesting boxes.

It outlaws SCAM official stamps on the box.
Post a picture of such box with "SCAM official stamps" on it. If it just says "official ballot drop box" how is that illegal if it is a 3rd party's ballot harvesting/collecting box? If ballot harvesting is legal in California, then ballot harvesting is "official" pursuant to California state law. It sounds like California Democrats worded their ballot harvesting law badly.

They will dump them in the ocean, WITHOUT looking inside, so they are not liable. The gall.

Since you seem disgusted by the ideal of 3rd party ballot collecting and submittal by a Republican, does that also apply to any group who engages in this activity? Do you agree with the CA law allowing this?

I put my ballot in my mail box, and put the flag up. NO one stole it.

As long as they are following the law and there is an actual identifiable person at the drop box who can be designated to deliver the ballots to the County Registrar, I see nothing wrong with this.

GOP installs SCAM drop boxes

I predicted this long ago. Also the GOP will be stuffing the mail in vote with fraudulent ballots. Trump told them to inn Trumpspeak and we all heard him.

People debate laws without ever actually reading the law itself. Blindly believing what is on TV, in the newspaper or online is foolish when you can read the actual law.

It was Democrat Governor Brown who created the ballot harvesting law in 2016. It has been challenged in court and upheld. This is the actual text of the law:

If you can find language outlawing collecting/harvesting ballots by using drop boxes, point to where the law says so. It doesn't or at least not that I can find.

As long as they are following the law and there is an actual identifiable person at the drop box who can be designated to deliver the ballots to the County Registrar, I see nothing wrong with this.

I oppose all of the mail-in ballot practices. It should return to people vote on election day. Not before. The only exceptions are if a person truthfully can swear they are:
1. In the military elsewhere
2. Will be in the hospital on election day for necessary reasons
3. Are so physically disabled and home bound they can not go to a poll
4. Will be out of the country

Making such declaration allows voting with an absentee ballot. Making such a false declaration should be a state and federal felony (if both state and federal elections on the ballot. Otherwise, just the jurisdiction on the ballot.)

Voters should be required to put their fingerprint on the ballot and give the last 4 numbers of their social security number plus sign the ballot and at the polls sign the voter registration book along with their fingerprint.

I think this meets the definition of "chicanery": "the use of trickery to achieve a political, financial, or legal purpose". Hopefully only Republicans have volunteered to disenfranchise their votes this way.

Post a picture of such box with "SCAM official stamps" on it. If it just says "official ballot drop box" how is that illegal if it is a 3rd party's ballot harvesting/collecting box? If ballot harvesting is legal in California, then ballot harvesting is "official" pursuant to California state law. It sounds like California Democrats worded their ballot harvesting law badly.

Except, by definition, they are not doing this. There is not a designated person at these drop boxes. Thus, they are not, "following the law". Self-deception is the most pernicious kind.

That would very possibly be illegal due to the government seal and indicating it is an official registration and election division box. Thanks for the link.

Why would anyone believe anything Jeff Bezos says?

I didn't think anyone would believe an ancient crook and con man from New York City with a big mouth and a bad combover.

What evidence is there that the GOP is doing this? I didn't see any in any article I read. Rather it is just asserted. It is the Democratic Party pushing mail in ballots and ballot harvesting.

What evidence is there that the GOP is doing this? I didn't see any in any article I read. Rather it is just asserted. It is the Democratic Party pushing mail in ballots and ballot harvesting.
You KNOW this is corrupt. You KNOW that they use tricks and scams. You know that they are trying to use scams, to make the LAW look crooked. And the state.

You KNOW this is corrupt. You KNOW that they use tricks and scams. You know that they are trying to use scams, to make the LAW look crooked. And the state.

"You know" isn't proof of anything. It is the Democratic Party pushing fanatically for mail in ballots and ballot harvesting. The GOP has unsuccessfully sued to try to block this in many states, including California. It was the Democratic Party in California that made ballot harvesting legal, not Republicans.

Except, by definition, they are not doing this. There is not a designated person at these drop boxes. Thus, they are not, "following the law". Self-deception is the most pernicious kind.

You are correct. If these unofficial ballot boxes are just being left hither, thither and yon without someone identifiable next to them, they should be stopped immediately.

But judging by the article (please correct me if I am wrong) the GOP groups putting these collection boxes up appear to be targeting Republican voters especially via social media. And if that is the case, who exactly is being harmed by this?

What in principle is wrong with Republican political activists collecting Republican voters' ballots?

Back
Top Bottom