• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP incompetence destroying the party.

James D Hill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
The GOP is in more trouble that they where last November. They have swung even further to the right. They have let ther hatred of Obama cloud their judgement to the point they can't even get out of their own way. The party is in a civil war. You have the old GOP trying to talk common sense like McCain,Imhoff or Graham while the tea bagger nut jobs try to remove them by running wing nuts against them. Morons like Cruze,Paul and Steve King want to shut down the government in spite of what level heads say in their own party.

The house does not look like they are going to pass imagration reform in spite of the fact the GOp had their head handed to them in the last election by the Hispanic voter block. This is looking like another disaster for the GOP and they are too thick to even see it. Are they shooting for only ten percent of the Hispanic vote next time? Boy that sounds like a winner.

At the state lever the GOP has pushed their most unpopular ideas in red states. The GOP got their butt's kicked by the female vote last time so how do they respond. Calling Sandra Fluke a whore. Pushing anti abortion BS and voter ID racism. They must figure they have only 5% black votes so they can't do much worse. I have to remind the right wingers that if they tick off the female voters they are doomed. Bottom line.End of story.

As a liberal I am rooting for the right wing morons. I know there are some smart members of the GOP but they do not seem to have avioce anymore. A tea party or social conservative nutjob can not defeat Hillary or any other Dem and the level heads in the party know it but can they reel in the nutjobs? I don't think so. Good luck my right wing friends. Your nastyness and selfishness will be rewarded with failure.

How many GOP incompetence threads are you going to start? Yeah, we get it, the depth of your political knowledge is at the rah rah, cheer for my team level. While you're busy chortling over the antics of the opposition you miss that your own team is busy screwing the pooch.

The GOP won control of the House between Obama elections, and has had control of the house since "having their head handed to them". If I could pick any branch of the government to control, it would the one the GOP does, and it isn't going anywhere.

Do you seriously think people are going to turn out in midterms the way they do in Presidential years?

The GOP is in more trouble that they where last November. They have swung even further to the right. They have let ther hatred of Obama cloud their judgement to the point they can't even get out of their own way. The party is in a civil war. You have the old GOP trying to talk common sense like McCain,Imhoff or Graham while the tea bagger nut jobs try to remove them by running wing nuts against them. Morons like Cruze,Paul and Steve King want to shut down the government in spite of what level heads say in their own party.

The house does not look like they are going to pass imagration reform in spite of the fact the GOp had their head handed to them in the last election by the Hispanic voter block. This is looking like another disaster for the GOP and they are too thick to even see it. Are they shooting for only ten percent of the Hispanic vote next time? Boy that sounds like a winner.

At the state lever the GOP has pushed their most unpopular ideas in red states. The GOP got their butt's kicked by the female vote last time so how do they respond. Calling Sandra Fluke a whore. Pushing anti abortion BS and voter ID racism. They must figure they have only 5% black votes so they can't do much worse. I have to remind the right wingers that if they tick off the female voters they are doomed. Bottom line.End of story.

As a liberal I am rooting for the right wing morons. I know there are some smart members of the GOP but they do not seem to have avioce anymore. A tea party or social conservative nutjob can not defeat Hillary or any other Dem and the level heads in the party know it but can they reel in the nutjobs? I don't think so. Good luck my right wing friends. Your nastyness and selfishness will be rewarded with failure.

A few problems with your OP here, I highligted them for you....

1. They did not lose because of the Hispanic Vote. Fact.
2. Voter ID racism? Not even happening.

Heh. Passing immigration "reform"would/will hurt the GOP far more than not. Most Americans oppose it,and they would be wise to not pass it.
I do agree that the GOP leadership is very pathetic. Not because they have moved to the right,they have not. If anything they have failed when they have compromised. People like Boner,Cantor,and Paul Ryan are weak and not up to taking on a very ruthless and nasty group like the Democrats.

I am sure that posting yet another of these "incompetent GOP" threads is useless. You see, the GOP have spies that read all of your posts and thus "get it" and will never repeat running any of their current buffoons. You have saved America from this GOP scourge. Please, before you stop posting to celebrate your upcomming victory in the 2014 elections, try to get Obama to expidite that all important PPACA employer mandate since far too many people have jobs and some work even too many (over 29) hours each week. ;)

How many GOP incompetence threads are you going to start? Yeah, we get it, the depth of your political knowledge is at the rah rah, cheer for my team level. While you're busy chortling over the antics of the opposition you miss that your own team is busy screwing the pooch.

But it is so much more fun to bash the regressive,mean,selfish tightwads who call themselves the GOP. The Dem's are not perfect either. I live in Washington State and I have seen the good and the bad from the left. I just can't stand what the GOP has become. It used to be the GOP was for freedom and civil liberties but it is clear the only freedom they are for now is the right to be a Jesus freak,a gunslinger and a corporate hack who can send thousadnds of job's overseas. Otherwise they are for no freedom at all. Their stance on gay marriage,marijuana legalazation and voter ID laws prove they are not for freedom at all.

Heh. Passing immigration "reform"would/will hurt the GOP far more than not. Most Americans oppose it,and they would be wise to not pass it.
I do agree that the GOP leadership is very pathetic. Not because they have moved to the right,they have not. If anything they have failed when they have compromised. People like Boner,Cantor,and Paul Ryan are weak and not up to taking on a very ruthless and nasty group like the Democrats.

Yea so they would only get 5% of the Hispanic vote instead of 22%. That would be the end of the GOP as we know it. Face it my friend. Your party is made up of 45 plus white guys and Jesus freak white females. That is a shrinking population. With the way the conservatives have enraged female voters and minorities is it any wonder they have lost the popular vote for the Whitehouse 5 out of the last 6 times. If that is not a bad sign them what is my friend?

IMO the title should have been more like "GOP incompetence is destroying the country".

I am sure that posting yet another of these "incompetent GOP" threads is useless. You see, the GOP have spies that read all of your posts and thus "get it" and will never repeat running any of their current buffoons. You have saved America from this GOP scourge. Please, before you stop posting to celebrate your upcomming victory in the 2014 elections, try to get Obama to expidite that all important PPACA employer mandate since far too many people have jobs and some work even too many (over 29) hours each week. ;)

Texas as a blue state. That kind of has a ring to it. If your side keeps ticking off Hisdpanic voters Texas and AZ will both be blue states and all the voter ID crap and Gerrymandering will not save the rednecks.

IMO the title should have been more like "GOP incompetence is destroying the country".

They have just enough power to bring things to a halt. Not enought to get their way but just enough to screw up things.

A few problems with your OP here, I highligted them for you....

1. They did not lose because of the Hispanic Vote. Fact.
2. Voter ID racism? Not even happening.

Why did Col and NM become blue states? The Hispanic vote. Why does the GOP have no chance in Cal? The hispanic vote. Why is Texas and Az going to be swing or blue states in 20 years? The Hispanic vote my friend. Deny it all you want. Voter ID law is racism in the first degree. Voter fraud is so rare there is no reason to change the law.

Texas as a blue state. That kind of has a ring to it. If your side keeps ticking off Hisdpanic voters Texas and AZ will both be blue states and all the voter ID crap and Gerrymandering will not save the rednecks.

Isn't that what Santa Anna said too? ;)

Why did Col and NM become blue states? The Hispanic vote. Why does the GOP have no chance in Cal? The hispanic vote. Why is Texas and Az going to be swing or blue states in 20 years? The Hispanic vote my friend. Deny it all you want. Voter ID law is racism in the first degree. Voter fraud is so rare there is no reason to change the law.

Newsflash: Voter ID laws apply to people of all colors, shapes and sizes.....

Isn't that what Santa Anna said too? ;)

You know as well as I do the Hispanic voter block gets bigger every year and the rednecks are going to lose their hold on Texas and it is going to be sooooo funny.

You know as well as I do the Hispanic voter block gets bigger every year and the rednecks are going to lose their hold on Texas and it is going to be sooooo funny.

We manage to peacefully coexist here in rural Texas. I'm off to drink beer (beber mucha cerveza) with some Mexicans right now. ;)

We manage to peacefully coexist here in rural Texas. I'm off to drink beer (beber mucha cerveza) with some Mexicans right now. ;)

See if they have some of that killer Mexican pot we used to get up here before all the indoor growers took over up here. You are right. The Texas GOP does get along with minorities better than other red states.

I think the Republican party needs to embrace a more libertarian social stance, stick with their economics, and define themselves rather than letting the Democrats define them (and the Dems have been wildly successful in this). I'm not a Republican, but I want two strong parties from which I can choose good candidates whether they are Dem or Rep.

I think the Republican party needs to embrace a more libertarian social stance, stick with their economics, and define themselves rather than letting the Democrats define them (and the Dems have been wildly successful in this). I'm not a Republican, but I want two strong parties from which I can choose good candidates whether they are Dem or Rep.

I will define them then. They have only themselves to blame. It is easy to call them rednecks when they act the part. They need to reel in the wacko's and nutjobs like Louie Gohmert.

But it is so much more fun to bash the regressive,mean,selfish tightwads who call themselves the GOP. The Dem's are not perfect either. I live in Washington State and I have seen the good and the bad from the left. I just can't stand what the GOP has become. It used to be the GOP was for freedom and civil liberties but it is clear the only freedom they are for now is the right to be a Jesus freak,a gunslinger and a corporate hack who can send thousadnds of job's overseas. Otherwise they are for no freedom at all. Their stance on gay marriage,marijuana legalazation and voter ID laws prove they are not for freedom at all.

Only goes to show something I've always said.

The right stands for genuine freedoms, freedom of religion, the right to keep and bear arms, property rights, and so on; while the wrong stands for “freedoms” to do immoral, harmful things than have little to do with genuine freedom, such as drug abuse, sexual immorality, and voter fraud; while opposing genuine freedoms.

Of course, the post to which I am replying is not at all surprising, when one realizes that not only does it come from the far wrong, but but comes from a drug addict who has, in the past, admitted to only being concerned with the “freedom” to abuse drugs, and who chooses other political causes based on who he perceives as being most allied with him in his pro-drug-abuse position.

If the Republican party was strongly pro-drug-abuse, but otherwise took the positions it does on other issues, Mr. Hill would surely be on our side with regard to opposing gay “marriage”, upholding the right to keep and bear arms, and supporting us on all other issues. But Mr. Hill is surely an example of someone whose support we least need or want.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom