• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Gop house under speaker ryan set to blow budget deadline

digitusmedius

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
News from The Associated Press

My, oh my. And poor Mr. Ryan made such a big deal about tossing the President's budget proposal away without even looking at it. I wonder where these "tea partiers" came from. Who invited them in and let them have so much power? Oh, yes; it was Mr. Ryan's party who thought these people would be a great addition to their party and let them wag the dog.

Interesting excerpts:

It's extremely frustrating," GOP Rep. Kevin Cramer of North Dakota said of the imminent budget failure. He praised Ryan's style, but added: "It's admirable in some ways but not producing results."

Ryan has repeatedly lambasted Democrats when they didn't get budgets done while in congressional control, even backing a law that would have cut off lawmakers' paychecks if they failed to pass a budget.The budget is not the only area where House Republicans are faltering under Ryan's leadership. Very little significant legislation has been moving, and negotiations over a bill to address Puerto Rico's fiscal crisis have proceeded in fits and starts. It's unclear whether a just-released Puerto Rico bill backed by Ryan will attract the needed support.

What a joke! And they have no opposition party to blame anymore.

Their dysfunctional Primary is a good representation of their dysfunctional governance. And they've continuously have gotten away with grabbing votes from their faithful in the name of fear and the need for obstruction, which comes across to me as an excuse for lacking the ability to govern.

I believe their time may have run out though, as their voters seem to be getting as fed-up with them as the Indies & Dems.

My, oh my. And poor Mr. Ryan made such a big deal about tossing the President's budget proposal away without even looking at it. I wonder where these "tea partiers" came from. Who invited them in and let them have so much power? Oh, yes; it was Mr. Ryan's party who thought these people would be a great addition to their party and let them wag the dog.

Interesting excerpts:

Unlike you, I see this as being part of the answer. Let them go off on their own. Make the politicians actually have to work with each other instead of parties just shoving their priorities down the throat of the Americans. If anything this should promote discussions among our politicians. That is all we can hope for.

Unlike you, I see this as being part of the answer. Let them go off on their own. Make the politicians actually have to work with each other instead of parties just shoving their priorities down the throat of the Americans. If anything this should promote discussions among our politicians. That is all we can hope for.

How about if we have Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House again and Hillary Clinton as President?

:shrug: Ryan committed to a return to Regular Order. That means that the power in this process goes back to the committees, and the members, rather than being concentrated in the hands of one or three members of the leadership. Given the number of years in which we abandoned it, it makes sense there would be a readjustment process.

How about if we have Nancy Pelosi as Speaker of the House again and Hillary Clinton as President?

My point was to have more fractures in both parties so the politicians work together. Not sure what that has to do with Pelosi or Sec. Clinton.

Interesting excerpts:

Meanwhile..... the daily democrat marching orders continue to be no reaching out!

Glad Nancy was brought up... Lets see... How many budgets did she turn in on time? How many did she even turn in? I am not imagining any improvement over the current situation.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

:shrug: Ryan committed to a return to Regular Order. That means that the power in this process goes back to the committees, and the members, rather than being concentrated in the hands of one or three members of the leadership. Given the number of years in which we abandoned it, it makes sense there would be a readjustment process.

The House won't even be in session for 254 days this year. Not working for a total of 8 months out of the year is some adjustment process.

The House won't even be in session for 254 days this year. Not working for a total of 8 months out of the year is some adjustment process.

Call your district congressman/woman........Ryan didn't create this. It's been in place for some time.

Interesting excerpts:

You guys screwed the pooch just as bad, and you had both, the senate and congress.

Interesting excerpts:

Excellent news.

As long as republicans continue to follow the "Hastert rule" (don't you know they now must absolutely hate that term they invented?) as if it's written in stone, there's no chance of anything getting done.

Same place the far left politicians came from. The voters.

How does that explain why the republican "leadership" (cue laugh track here) let's this 50 or so member minority of that party run the show?

Meanwhile..... the daily democrat marching orders continue to be no reaching out!

Oh, it's the dems' fault, is it? Look up what the "Hastert Rule" is and you'll have the correct answer to the problem. And why should the dems have to save republicans from themselves even if republicans begged them to do so?

You guys screwed the pooch just as bad, and you had both, the senate and congress.

You mean the dems actually governed when they had the majority? Just because you don't like what they did (and the majority of the country does if the 2012 presidential election meant anything) doesn't mean they ****ed the dog. OTOH, if you're referring to dems losing congressional numbers since 2010 there are myriad reasons for that many of which have to do with dem cowardice in the face of republican attacks but gerrymandering and voter suppression are also in the mix.

Back
Top Bottom