• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP group tells online donors: Give every month or 'we will have to tell Trump you're a DEFECTOR'

HenryChinaski

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/politics/nrcc-prechecked-boxes-trump-defector/index.html

- The campaign arm of House Republicans is using an aggressive tactic to push online donors toward committing to monthly contributions, telling them that opting out of having the same amount automatically charged to their credit card or withdrawn from their bank each month is an act of disloyalty toward former President Donald Trump.
Now article goes on to mention that some democratic groups use pre-checked boxes as well(which is deceitful and conniving) but this language? Question for the forum Trump bootlickers, you haven't disappointed your dear leader have you? After all he needs your money..

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/08/politics/nrcc-prechecked-boxes-trump-defector/index.html

- The campaign arm of House Republicans is using an aggressive tactic to push online donors toward committing to monthly contributions, telling them that opting out of having the same amount automatically charged to their credit card or withdrawn from their bank each month is an act of disloyalty toward former President Donald Trump.
Now article goes on to mention that some democratic groups use pre-checked boxes as well(which is deceitful and conniving) but this language? Question for the forum Trump bootlickers, you haven't disappointed your dear leader have you? After all he needs your money..
they tapped into the same crowd that televangelists have been milking since the 70s.

Here's a photo I posted on a different thread:

image.png

Let’s see the scumbag trump supporters defend this action. What a bunch of con artists.

What’s funny about this is that Trump sent the RNC and GOP a cease and desist letter in an attempt to stop them from using his name in fundraising and they told him to pound sand.

they tapped into the same crowd that televangelists have been milking since the 70s.

That goes all the way back to tent revivals and Aimee Sample McPherson!

Yeesh. Hopefully, this kind of crap eventually drives those people away, and helps them unhook, psychologically, from the cult.

I’m not sure that will even do it.

I don’t really expect the maga mob to ever admit to being conned and falling as hard as they have for it.

After all, Trump made himself into the mirror of their fears, resentments and prejudices. He spoke perfect Archie Bunker.

But when it’s incontrovertible, I suspect that some of the GOP reactionaries who are still trying to mine association with Trump will live to regret it.

Not that the maga mob will vote against them. They’ll stay home instead.

Give, give, and give some more or GAWD ALMIGHTY SHALL STRIKE YOU DEAD! Hallejuah and Amen!

Yeesh. Hopefully, this kind of crap eventually drives those people away, and helps them unhook, psychologically, from the cult.
Come on over and join our group of 80 million trump defectors.

Ah so you must've left the box checked. How much are you forking over to Donald every month?
I actually have him sending money to me through the mail, in black envelopes.

it's important to punish Cult members when they get out of line.

Reeks of some serious desperation.

I swear this stuff is straight out of some sick and twisted comedy horror movie. How far will these stupid people bite before they've lost their bank accounts, homes and families? He already robbed their banks accounts and fortunately got caught, but it showed him the fools are still crawling over each other to sniff his feet. 🤦‍♂️

I do wonder about that, because some people are invested in the kind of political theater inferred in the opt out language. To your point though, I hope the more rational see this for what it is.

I swear this stuff is straight out of some sick and twisted comedy horror movie. How far will these stupid people bite before they've lost their bank accounts, homes and families? He already robbed their banks accounts and fortunately got caught, but it showed him the fools are still crawling over each other to sniff his feet. 🤦‍♂️
From The Morons of Mar-A-Lago - coming to theaters this summer!

Back
Top Bottom