• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP group promises ObamaCare replacement plan — soon

Vern

back from Vegas
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
A group of senior House Republicans is promising to deliver proof that the party is making headway in its six-year struggle to replace ObamaCare.

GOP group promises ObamaCare replacement plan — soon | TheHill

Pardon my chuckles but how do conservatives excuse republicans taking 6 years just to announce they'll have a plan. sure, we can subtract a couple of years when conservatives believed it would be repealed. Subtract a couple of more waiting for the immediate death spiral and the massive recession it would cause. Walkers plan was good for laughs and a few months distraction with his "subsidies based on age not need". But seriously guys, why did it take over a year from the start of the second coverage year? what could they come up with that's better?

As far as my posting in the Partisan forum instead of Obamacare, this isn't about Obamacare. If anything, I could have posted this one in CT forum.

Hey maybe they soon will find a plan to prove that the earth is flat!

"Obamacare replacement plan"... okay :roll:

A group of senior House Republicans is promising to deliver proof that the party is making headway in its six-year struggle to replace ObamaCare.

Pardon my chuckles but how do conservatives excuse republicans taking 6 years just to announce they'll have a plan. sure, we can subtract a couple of years when conservatives believed it would be repealed. Subtract a couple of more waiting for the immediate death spiral and the massive recession it would cause. Walkers plan was good for laughs and a few months distraction with his "subsidies based on age not need". But seriously guys, why did it take over a year from the start of the second coverage year? what could they come up with that's better?

As far as my posting in the Partisan forum instead of Obamacare, this isn't about Obamacare. If anything, I could have posted this one in CT forum.

Obama care should be replaced with an actual Universal Healthcare System including a single payer option. Not this giveaway to the insurance companies that Obama made.

Replacement plan to be announced somewhere between repeal attempt #160 and #200. Priorities, you know?

Remove all but 10 percent of the pages of aca, where you define a bare minimum insurance that everyone must buy in the free market. Taking away the insurance from the elderly won't work, but it will become less important with time, if nobody new is let in.

Remove all but 10 percent of the pages of aca, where you define a bare minimum insurance that everyone must buy in the free market. Taking away the insurance from the elderly won't work, but it will become less important with time, if nobody new is let in.

Well the good news is you believe in mandates just like me and all republicans before 2009. Do you believe in subsidies? I don't think you do but if you do, then you're up tp 80% of Obamacare.

It's over a year old at this point, but this compilation is, of course, still relevant:20 Times GOP Leaders Have Promised Their Own Obamacare Replacement Plan

"Today’s vote to repeal Obamacare is the first step to achieving real reforms that lower costs and put patients back in charge of their health care decisions."
—House Majority Whip Steve Scalise; Feb. 3, 2015 in a statement

"There are three committee chairmen that have the jurisdiction over the health care policy in our country. And those three chairman are working to craft what we believe would be a better approach to health care than Obamacare. There will be an alternative, and you'll get to see it."
—Speaker John Boehner; Jan. 28, 2015 on Fox News

"We're working on this. Having discussions amongst our members, got a lot of divergent views about how best to go back to a doctor/patient relationship that’s revered, about rewarding medical professionals as opposed to all those rules that are coming down and frankly driving doctors out of the system."
—Speaker John Boehner; Jan. 25, 2015 on "60 Minutes"

"You know, the discussions about Obamacare and what the replacement bill would look like continue. We're trying to build consensus around one plan. Not there yet." —Speaker John Boehner; July 24, 2014 at a Capitol news conference

"Our goal is to show the American people what we believe would work better. I believe we will. We'll continue to roll them out as we develop them."
—Speaker John Boehner; March 26, 2014 on Capitol Hill

"Our members will offer an alternative when it comes to Obamacare. We'll offer better solutions on jobs, on job training, education and a host of other issues while Democrats will sit on the sidelines and we'll continue to lead and offer better solutions for the American people."
—Speaker John Boehner; February 27, 2014 at a Capitol news conference

"As we continue to work to finalize our Obamacare replacement plan, we will also act to highlight and address the serious consequences of the law."
—House Majority Leader Eric Cantor; Feb. 21, 2014, memo to Republicans

"This year, we will rally around an alternative to Obamacare and pass it on the floor of the House."
—House Majority Leader Eric Cantor; Jan. 30, 2014 at a GOP retreat

"(To) repeal Obamacare ... isn't the answer. The answer is repeal and replace. The challenge is that Obamacare is the law of the land."
—Speaker John Boehner; April 25, 2014 at the Middletown Rotary Club

"It's one of the big issues for conversation in terms of our agenda for this year, and I think you’ll see Republicans come forward with a plan to replace Obamacare."
—Speaker John Boehner; Jan. 16, 2014, at a Capitol news conference

"I expect our conference in the coming weeks to have a discussion about Obamacare and how we're going to deal with it, and what the replacement legislation would look like."
—Speaker John Boehner; May 16, 2013, quoted by Politico

"Listen, there are a lot of provisions that can be replaced. Remember, I said, we want to take a common-sense, step-by-step approach to replacing Obamacare." —Speaker John Boehner; July 1, 2012 on "Face The Nation"

"We’ll do everything we can to delay and defund the provisions of the bill so that we can get some discussion going on how we can replace it."
—House Majority Leader Eric Cantor; Jan. 19, 2011, quoted by Bloomberg

"We'll start tomorrow with a replacement. The difference is that we'll lower the cost. The difference is the American public will be a part of it."
—House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy; Jan. 19, 2011 at a news conference (via Nexis)

"I just think it's time to listen to the American people and — and to do this the right way. The Congress can do better in terms of replacing Obamacare with commonsense reforms that will bring down the cost of health insurance and expand access to more Americans."
—Speaker John Boehner; Jan. 19, 2011 at a news conference (via Nexis)

"We offer a plan to repeal and replace the government takeover of health care with commonsense solutions focused on lowering costs and protecting American jobs."
—House GOP "Pledge To America" released Sept. 2010

Well the good news is you believe in mandates just like me and all republicans before 2009. Do you believe in subsidies? I don't think you do but if you do, then you're up tp 80% of Obamacare.

I believe we have a lousy system of subsidies. There are situations, where they make sense. Usually they cause more severe problems down the road, than the good they are perceived to do at first.

I believe we have a lousy system of subsidies. There are situations, where they make sense. Usually they cause more severe problems down the road, than the good they are perceived to do at first.

I believe we have a lousy system of lobbyists. Special interest stirred up such fear and anger that a true reform is a dream. I was stunned to hear people howl about 'death panels'... :roll:

Or demands that government stay out of their lives- but continue Social security...

Or stay out of the doctor's office- unless it is an abortion clinic...

We need some real reform, not caving to Big Med or Pharma... :peace

I believe we have a lousy system of lobbyists. Special interest stirred up such fear and anger that a true reform is a dream. I was stunned to hear people howl about 'death panels'... :roll:

Or demands that government stay out of their lives- but continue Social security...

Or stay out of the doctor's office- unless it is an abortion clinic...

We need some real reform, not caving to Big Med or Pharma... :peace

Yes. The spin that the choice of words gives the decision to let groups of persons die was interesting to watch. Of course, it is the harsh reality of any system of government that such things happen every day. The whole social program is built on these gimmicks, because the make common sense to a population not educated in the specifics and disinterested in spending the time reqiuired to understand.

Hey maybe they soon will find a plan to prove that the earth is flat!

This is exactly, what the EU has been attempting. But that is another story.

Yes. The spin that the choice of words gives the decision to let groups of persons die was interesting to watch. Of course, it is the harsh reality of any system of government that such things happen every day. The whole social program is built on these gimmicks, because the make common sense to a population not educated in the specifics and disinterested in spending the time reqiuired to understand.

Actually I thought the entire for profit system was built on such fears...

Don't allow reasonable outcomes to dictate how many thousands of dollars per patient is spent in a hopeless losing fight. So many dollars poured into the last 6 months of life, compared to money spent in preventive service...

Do continue a massive spiral in costs that fewer and fewer Americans can afford- allow the insurance companies to set bizarre co-pay, deductibles, and percentages. Let lobbyists 'help' write the laws and ignore what works other places with far better care for far less dollars.

Now when it comes to letting groups of people die- the big lie told by the lobbyists was the 'gubmint' was going to get between doctors and patients- not true but put the fear into many older folks. (Course some of the town hall ranters don't mind 'the gubmint' getting between a pregnant woman and HER doctor.)

Changing the reward for medicine to be outcome instead of how many 'treatments' were given would be a good first step. Front loading healthcare to prevent medical issues and a realistic discussion on how much insurance should cover at the end of life would do society a whole lot of good... :peace

Back
Top Bottom