• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP "Freedom"

Gateman_Wen

Official disruptive influence
Banned
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Here in Kansas you need a license to fish, but not to carry a concealed weapon.

YOu can wave a confederate flag, but not teach kids about it's racist history.

LGBTQ folks aren't included in our states anti discrimination laws, but antivaxxers are.

And we have a mandate against mandates.

1648394862675.png

American "Freedom"....LOL.
I havent traveled abroad lately, but I have been to maybe a dozen nations or so in my life.
I have never seen more miserable folk hating life more than I see right here in the US of A.
"I demand to be a slave!!", you see a LOT of that here.
OTOH, I do enjoy the fact that you can do pretty much what you want within reason, but most folk dont do that. They do what they hate. Daily. And they are miserable. But that isnt enough for them, they want YOU to do it to, to be as miserable as they are.

I cant explain the why's and the wherefores, I am just reporting on my observations.

I havent traveled abroad lately, but I have been to maybe a dozen nations or so in my life.
I have never seen more miserable folk hating life more than I see right here in the US of A.
OTOH, I do enjoy the fact that you can do pretty much what you want within reason, but most folk dont do that. They do what they hate. Daily. And they are miserable. But that isnt enough for them, they want YOU to do it to, to be as miserable as they are.

I cant explain the why's and the wherefores, I am just reporting on my observations.
The why is simple: perpetual victimhood.

It was but eight years I lived in the US, but formative ones, my teens. I came of age just after Rosie Parks refused to change her seat. I lost all interest in anyone shouting "freedom" a long time ago. No other peoples puts so much emphasis on "freedom", nor any developed country with as horrid a crime rate as the US. And no other people is so shit scared of every-day life!
What the **** are you so afraid of?
I do not understand anyone who insists on not leaving home without a tool to kill humans while revolting over face masks.

It always seems "freedom" has to go hand-in- hand with weapons designed for the sole purpose of killing people. "I've never been able to get a decent explanation, however, on what, exactly is the threat.

Tell me what's "free"about having to arm yourself everywhere you go.
If anyone sees a firearm in Vancouver the police are called and dispatched code 3, locked & loaded. The only thing that gets more immediate attention is an "amber alert" for a missing child.
Frankly I like it that way.
I haven't locked my door at night since I left the US in the 60's.

Not to beat a dead horse over this, but it is galactically stupid to consider today's Republican Party as having a care at all about "freedoms."

They are now one thing and one thing alone, the Christian Taliban.

It was but eight years I lived in the US, but formative ones, my teens. I came of age just after Rosie Parks refused to change her seat. I lost all interest in anyone shouting "freedom" a long time ago. No other peoples puts so much emphasis on "freedom", nor any developed country with as horrid a crime rate as the US. And no other people is so shit scared of every-day life!
What the **** are you so afraid of?
I do not understand anyone who insists on not leaving home without a tool to kill humans while revolting over face masks.

It always seems "freedom" has to go hand-in- hand with weapons designed for the sole purpose of killing people. "I've never been able to get a decent explanation, however, on what, exactly is the threat.

Tell me what's "free"about having to arm yourself everywhere you go.
If anyone sees a firearm in Vancouver the police are called and dispatched code 3, locked & loaded. The only thing that gets more immediate attention is an "amber alert" for a missing child.
Frankly I like it that way.
I haven't locked my door at night since I left the US in the 60's.

Yeah, if Canada wasnt farther north I'd most likely be living there. I like the Toronto area. The USA has become a real shithole, LOTTA haters walking around. People are willfully ****ing stupid. Its not good.
I dont like cold weather/winter, and I dont want to move to Mexico. So Europe is probably the place for me and that is just such a major move especially at this stage of life. As it is at least I have my own little compound/residence where I can pretty much completely avoid other people. And there are still a few cool people that I see and things I can go do. But its really become a drag in the USA man. Most people here are way too ignorant to know any better. Multinational corporations run the joint.

too many dumasses......

Here in Kansas you need a license to fish, but not to carry a concealed weapon.

YOu can wave a confederate flag, but not teach kids about it's racist history.

LGBTQ folks aren't included in our states anti discrimination laws, but antivaxxers are.

And we have a mandate against mandates.

View attachment 67382441
Sounds like you want more restrictions by the government, not more freedom. At least restrictions you agree with.

Sounds like you want more restrictions by the government, not more freedom. At least restrictions you agree with.
Where did you get that idea?

Where did you get that idea?
From your OP.

You want restrictions on concealed carry.

You don’t want people to be able to wave the confederate flag.

You don’t want anti-vaxxers included in anti-discrimination laws.

You want more mandates.

From your OP.

You want restrictions on concealed carry.

You don’t want people to be able to wave the confederate flag.

You don’t want anti-vaxxers included in anti-discrimination laws.

You want more mandates.
Would you mid pointing out where I said that?

Yeah, if Canada wasnt farther north I'd most likely be living there. I like the Toronto area. The USA has become a real shithole, LOTTA haters walking around. People are willfully ****ing stupid. Its not good.
I dont like cold weather/winter, and I dont want to move to Mexico. So Europe is probably the place for me and that is just such a major move especially at this stage of life. As it is at least I have my own little compound/residence where I can pretty much completely avoid other people. And there are still a few cool people that I see and things I can go do. But its really become a drag in the USA man. Most people here are way too ignorant to know any better. Multinational corporations run the joint.

Toronto?

Other than being an "Orrigioal Six" city the place sucks. Very American - a 16 lane limited access highway cuts downtown in half, and don't think about swimming in Lake Ontario. If its the east, then Montreal is the place - the most international city in the world. But buy in the foothills of the Laurentians.

Don't worry about cold. Buy some mittens and sit back and let that global warming business do it's thing. Buy real estate in Tuktuyuktuk at $.89 per square mile and start building sea side resorts.

I believe there are many advantages to living in Canada and there are downsides, the health system & taxes NOT being among them. For me it is the absence of heightened dram and scare mongering politics. In the main, we ignore pretty much anything that will interfere with our way of life, but when it does we like big ****ing hammers, but soft around the edges kind of thing. The schemers and seditionists in the Ottawa pig-in won't see anymore jail time. Just bankruptcy.

Example - in 2010 a bunch of Vancouverites decided to celebrate our Stanley Cup loss with some burning & looting downtown. Worst riot in our country's history (in large part due to the inept police work prior and during). Millions in damages. And every second of it from various angles in stores, streets, cars etc. In time the cops named & shamed them all. Turns out most of the rioters were spoiled suburban twenty-something stupids. Their pictures were published on the net and everywhere else including some billboards.
Not one of them saw the inside of a jail, and everyone of them said they would have preferred a jail sentence than be subjected to the shame of their peers. One woman lost a promising career as a model?actress, a few lost college scholarships.
Oops, there I go ..

In any event if you are looking or even leaning I say jump and wqorry about where you land latter. I have done THREE things in my life which were pan ultimate life changing. The first was to get out of the Excited States - I was 18 and draftable, two was quitting drinking 34 years ago and four was moving into this part of Vancouver.

Back
Top Bottom