• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Gop Director Gets Prison Time

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
FORMER GOP DIRECTOR GETS PRISON TIME FOR PHONE JAMMING

A second Republican figure is headed to federal prison for jamming Democratic telephone lines in New Hampshire on Election Day two years ago.

http://www.wcsh6.com/home/article.asp?id=20829

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) -- Former state GOP director Chuck McGee was sentenced Thursday to seven months in prison, fined two thousand dollars and ordered to perform 200 hours of community service. He admitted paying a Virginia company to jam lines with computer-generated calls.

McGee's sentence is two months longer than the one handed down last month for Allen Raymond, former president of the Virginia telemarketing company. He, too, pleaded guilty.

The man accused of orchestrating the entire affair is James Tobin of Bangor, Maine. Tobin has pleaded innocent and will stand trial. He was New England chairman of President Bush's re-election campaign last year.

Poor guy. Slashing tires on Election Day is much more effective than jamming phones.
MILWAUKEE — The sons of a first-term congresswoman and Milwaukee's former acting mayor were among five Democratic activists charged Monday with slashing the tires of vans rented by Republicans to drive voters and monitors to the polls on Election Day. FULL STORY

Batman said:
Poor guy. Slashing tires on Election Day is much more effective than jamming phones.

You think he's a "poor guy" because he's going to prison or because he got caught? Don't you think it's wrong when either side lowers themselves to this crap?

And somehow I don't see the teenage son of someone and the political director of the local party being on equal footing. But I still say it's complete BS when either side pulls this crap.

The man accused of orchestrating the entire affair is James Tobin of Bangor, Maine. Tobin has pleaded innocent and will stand trial. He was New England chairman of President Bush's re-election campaign last year.
I know Tobin personally and he isn't the type to conduct an operation like this, but if he is guilty, he should pay the price. Our election process is becoming a national disgrace.

Pacridge said:
Don't you think it's wrong when either side lowers themselves to this crap?And somehow I don't see the teenage son of someone and the political director of the local party being on equal footing. But I still say it's complete BS when either side pulls this crap.
Absolutely it's wrong. I pointed out the tire slashing incident because you seemed to think only republicans do it since you emphasized second republican. The "poor guy" remark was more or less humor - he should have taken a lesson from these children. Then they'd be on equal footing.

Back
Top Bottom