• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’,.......

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’, probe finds
GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’, probe finds

“A state lawmaker in Tennessee who is pushing to strip transgender people of bathroom rights has been found to be a danger to “unsuspecting women.”

Last week, Tennessee House Speaker Beth Harwell exiled state Rep. Jeremy Durham from his offices at the War Memorial Building and limited his access to other areas after Attorney General Herbert Slatery issued a warning that the lawmaker’s behavior posed “a continuing risk to unsuspecting women who are employed by or interact with the legislature.” …………

… the report, {says} women said that they “avoid or refuse to be alone with Representative Durham, a situation which has affected their ability to perform their jobs.” …

…. The Advocate reported that Durham is one of the key sponsors of House Bill 2414, which would prevent transgender people from using public bathrooms………….

………….. Proponents of the bill argue that it would protect women from being harassed. And although 34 women have stepped forward to complain about Durham, there have been no reported cases of transgender people sexually harassing others in public bathrooms…………

I do not know why folks are having a hissy fit all about who is in the bathroom…………. I don’t know because I have never been in the ladies’ bathroom but……….

Don’t ladies use a stall with a door which can be locked to do their business in private?

So who is going to see what………and in rushing back to what they were doing I doubt they would notice/care about the man dressed in women’s cloths……..Just more redneck “Tempus in a tea pot” ................Go figure?

Re: GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’,...

“A state lawmaker in Tennessee who is pushing to strip transgender people of bathroom rights has been found to be a danger to “unsuspecting women.”

Last week, Tennessee House Speaker Beth Harwell exiled state Rep. Jeremy Durham from his offices at the War Memorial Building and limited his access to other areas after Attorney General Herbert Slatery issued a warning that the lawmaker’s behavior posed “a continuing risk to unsuspecting women who are employed by or interact with the legislature.” …………

… the report, {says} women said that they “avoid or refuse to be alone with Representative Durham, a situation which has affected their ability to perform their jobs.” …

…. The Advocate reported that Durham is one of the key sponsors of House Bill 2414, which would prevent transgender people from using public bathrooms………….

………….. Proponents of the bill argue that it would protect women from being harassed. And although 34 women have stepped forward to complain about Durham, there have been no reported cases of transgender people sexually harassing others in public bathrooms…………

I do not know why folks are having a hissy fit all about who is in the bathroom…………. I don’t know because I have never been in the ladies’ bathroom but……….

Don’t ladies use a stall with a door which can be locked to do their business in private?

So who is going to see what………and in rushing back to what they were doing I doubt they would notice/care about the man dressed in women’s cloths……..Just more redneck “Tempus in a tea pot” ................Go figure?

Love it !

Love the Democrats strategy for losing elections. Stay as far away as possible from Obama and his signature legislation and then focus on shallow identity politics in a attempt to appeal to the naive voter

They couldn't even pass a Transgender bathroom ordinance in Houston, which has been electing Democrat Mayors for decades

It wasn't just voted down, it was voted down by a overwhelming majority

https://www.google.com/search?q=hou...ms-tmobile-us&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

Re: GOP cosponsor of anti-trans bathroom bill is a danger to ‘unsuspecting women’,...

Why am I not surprised. :roll:

But yes, you are correct. All women's bathrooms I've ever been in are nothing but stalls. Some, if they're only 2 or 3 stalls, even have the sinks in the stall. In all my many years in women's bathrooms, I have never seen a woman in a state of any less dress than I might see her on the street, or in the venue itself (obviously people wear more or less clothing depending where they are).

Why are people all offended by trans people using the bathroom of their post-transition gender? I can't really find any reason apart from simple xenophobia, frankly.

Why do trans people want to use them? Well, going into a men's bathroom as a woman is rather awkward, or vice versa. And there have been a number of trans people who have been assaulted when forced to go into the bathroom of their pre-transition gender, so it's a safety issue as well.

Guys like Dunham are way more of a risk to women than trans people.

Back
Top Bottom