• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GOP Corporate Donors Cash In on Smut

Pacridge

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Here's an interesing article I found in the Washington Post.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A15644-2004Dec21.html

In it you'll find some things that may surprise you. Like Tucker Carlson saying:

"The people who run the Republican Party are elites just like any other elite, and they don't share the same cultural concerns as the center of the country," said Carlson. "They don't -- they're all pro-choice on abortion, they're all pro-gay rights, they're all thrice married, you know what I mean? And they summer in the Hamptons, too. And so they don't have anything in common, that's true, with evangelicals who make up the bulk of their party."

I like Tucker. Out of the right wing pundits out there, I have yet to find him lying about anything. Though I did see him on Bill Maher one night where he defended Robert "Douche Bag for Freedom" Novak's outting of active CIA agent because it was the "right and responsilbity of the press to report any and all information." When Bill asked him if that "would include troop movements" He said "yeah, the press is suppose to report what ever it knows" Lost a little faith in Tucker that night. And I unlike some like the bow tie, but then I'm a freak.

The article points out the many dealings of Fox's owner, Ruport Murdoch, and how he profits from smut and the stuff his FNC seems to be so against. Hum, you don't suppose ol' Ruports really just interested in the cash do you?

It also talks about a book I'm waiting to read called "What's the Matter With Kansas."

"In his buzzed-about book, "What's the Matter With Kansas," the liberal writer Thomas Frank hypothesizes that today's winning GOP majority is the culmination of a marriage of convenience between the GOP's economic elite and social conservatives. The economic elite needs the votes of the social conservatives to win elections. And the economic elite needs to win elections to pursue the tax cuts and deregulation they seek."

It's an interesting article. Give it a read if you get the chance.

Last edited:
Re: I thought Larry Flynt (Lib), Howard Stern (Lib) had the

Jack Dawson said:
Corner on SMUT
Thats the public face of smut. The article I referred to tied in the corporate connection that you really don't hear much about.

WKL815 said:
I like Alan Colmes.
Colmes has hand picked by Hannity to be his personal punching bag. The Hannity and Colmes show's working title was "Hannity and liberal to be determined." Hannity picked Colmes. After, they inserted his name in the "liberal to be determined" part of the title. Which was kind of odd considering Colmes was a stand-up comic who told USA Today (1996) "I'm actually quite moderate." Colmes sole purpose on the show is to not make waves, not make Hannity look bad and, and for God's sake whatever you do Alan, never call Hannity on any of his constant lying. This is why in liberal print you'll usually see their names like this "Hannity and colmes."

It is so difficult to discuss with someone like you that knows

all the answers EVEN before the question is asked.

Pacridge said:
Colmes has hand picked by Hannity to be his personal punching bag. ... This is why in liberal print you'll usually see their names like this "Hannity and colmes."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You fell for it. I was making the same point about Carlson and all I had to do was mention Colmes' name then you made it for me.

WKL815 said:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. You fell for it. I was making the same point about Carlson and all I had to do was mention Colmes' name then you made it for me.
You were making a point? And this point was some how tied to Carlson? Ok, guess I'll have to take your word for it.

I've hated Tucker ever since he tried to call Jon Stewart an idiot. Boy Jon Stewart tore him up so badly.

Back
Top Bottom