• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP convention no-shows threaten to undercut Trump unity push

imyoda

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
GOP convention no-shows threaten to undercut Trump unity push | Fox News

"Even as Donald Trump and Republican Party bosses diligently work Capitol Hill in hopes of bringing the party together after a fractious presidential primary, convention planners could still be looking at a block of empty seats for the July convention.

A growing roster of senior GOP figures – from governors to senators to, most notably, nearly every living GOP presidential nominee – is vowing to skip the convention in Cleveland, despite the candidate starting to win over the rank-and-file………….."

Seems a whole lot of GOP mucky-mucks are planning not to attend the GOP convention……

A 4 day info-mercial featuring Donald Trump……..

And should be “riveting TV” for the general public to be entertained by………..and with daily declines in viewership………….

In other shocking news, we still seem to have plenty of oxygen today.

(BTW, it was highly unlikely to see "unity" within the Republican party... not sure they have all been on the same page for a long time now.)

"Even as Donald Trump and Republican Party bosses diligently work Capitol Hill in hopes of bringing the party together after a fractious presidential primary, convention planners could still be looking at a block of empty seats for the July convention.

A growing roster of senior GOP figures – from governors to senators to, most notably, nearly every living GOP presidential nominee – is vowing to skip the convention in Cleveland, despite the candidate starting to win over the rank-and-file………….."

Seems a whole lot of GOP mucky-mucks are planning not to attend the GOP convention……

And should be “riveting TV” for the general public to be entertained by………..and with daily declines in viewership………….
Knocking-over the establishment & toppling authority is never an easy job!

I can't say Mr. Trump is necessarily the right guy, but I'm glad it happened.

Now if the same thing could occur with the Dems, we'd really be talking! I do think Bernie is the right guy, but sadly it seems the Dems just aren't ready. They're close though, but I think Bernie's going to fall a few committed delegates short (irregardless of the supers).

Knocking-over the establishment & toppling authority is never an easy job!

I can't say Mr. Trump is necessarily the right guy, but I'm glad it happened.

Now if the same thing could occur with the Dems, we'd really be talking! I do think Bernie is the right guy, but sadly it seems the Dems just aren't ready. They're close though, but I think Bernie's going to fall a few committed delegates short (irregardless of the supers).

IMHO........... this whole thing is one big mess.......... and I agree.........Bernie is "toast".......the only one in the pack with integrity...........

IMHO........... this whole thing is one big mess.......... and I agree.........Bernie is "toast".......the only one in the pack with integrity...........
And also the only guy with consistency - for five decades!

It could be they don't want to be subjected to harassment, property damage, or assault from the regressive left mob of animals that will be there.

It could be they don't want to be subjected to harassment, property damage, or assault from the regressive left mob of animals that will be there.

the convention will likely be indoors.

Could be.........but I think it has more to do with being down ballot and not wanting to be associated in anyway with madman Trump...........

The part you edited out states the following:

In an unconventional election season where Trump has capitalized on an anti-establishment fervor, the case can be made that Trump does not need the blessing of party elders, or their attendance.​

Given the anti-establishment effort that has seen establishment candidates rejected by voters, it shouldn't be unusual to understand the Bushes wouldn't attend, nor McCain, or Romney.

What would they have to offer at a convention capping an election cycle that has rejected hand picked candidates, unlike the handpicked choice Democratic Party voters will be forced to deal with?

The part you edited out states the following:

In an unconventional election season where Trump has capitalized on an anti-establishment fervor, the case can be made that Trump does not need the blessing of party elders, or their attendance.​

Given the anti-establishment effort that has seen establishment candidates rejected by voters, it shouldn't be unusual to understand the Bushes wouldn't attend, nor McCain, or Romney.

What would they have to offer at a convention capping an election cycle that has rejected hand picked candidates, unlike the handpicked choice Democratic Party voters will be forced to deal with?

Not a function of editing......but not wanting to violate the fair use doctrine......... I have been "punished" for doing so.........

But am sure impressed that you take the time to read the link............most folks here often do not get past the subject line..........

Not a function of editing......but not wanting to violate the fair use doctrine......... I have been "punished" for doing so.........

But am sure impressed that you take the time to read the link............most folks here often do not get past the subject line..........

It is rare I do not take the time. How can I comment without doing so?

It is rare I do not take the time. How can I comment without doing so?

You are very unique my friend........Most here see no need to read because they know what the report will say.........and they already have the solution/right opinion/know all about it.......or use it as an excuse for a personal attack on someone who may not think "as they should"..........

But what is truly frightening here is not the ignorance..........But the fact they let these folks vote

the convention will likely be indoors.

The rallies are indoors, in many cases as well. You still have to run the gauntlet to get into the location, which would could include having your vehicle damaged, punched, eggs thrown at you, pepper sprayed, just being blocked from movement, ect, ect, ect.

Back
Top Bottom