• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP committee passes resolution to cancel Republican primary due to Trump’s ‘effective presidency’

Wait.....what?

WHAT?

Tell me we're being played. Please tell me someone is trying to play us. Or not. GOP: sign your own death warrant you pieces of ****. I'd have compromised with you, but you want to do this? Fill your cup of woe.

GOP: **** you.

Sincerely, MP

Reagan in my opinion was the real start of the damage to the GOP as much as it loved him. He is the one who told the right, government isn't the solution to your problems, government is the problem and ever since then it's been a downward spiral and trump has managed to turn that spiral into a tornado, going here, there, and yonder, leaving nothing but destruction in his wake. Trump is only a symptom of the intolerance of the GOP.

You know what? If Reagan had simply tamped down some of the fervor that erupted from that comment,
"Folks, I just meant that I'd like to see us administer our government with a whole lot less fraud and abuse, a whole lot more efficiency and a lot more transparency...I didn't mean that we should rid ourselves of government altogether", a lot of this could have been avoided.
But Reagan's cowboy hero image was almost a deity in those circles, and his acolytes immediately set about trying to impress him with further and more radical interpretations of his rhetoric, each trying to top the other.
And by the time Newt rode the wave, Reagan was already in "the sunset of his life" mentally speaking.
Otherwise, I suspect we would have seen the old emeritus on maybe Fox News or similar, urging a bit of restraint.

Yes, Trump is the symptom. No doubt.

Tell me we're being played. Please tell me someone is trying to play us. Or not. GOP: sign your own death warrant you pieces of ****. I'd have compromised with you, but you want to do this? Fill your cup of woe.

Who wants to die of skull cancer?

59a946f179bbfd1e008b7463-750-500.jpg

No bullsh*t.

Maybe Stephen Miller thinks he himself is the president

I think we should initiate a million letter writing campaign, all addressed to "President Stephen Miller, 1600 Pennsylvania Ave", just to see Trump's reaction.

For me it was right after the TEA party formed and the evangelical right hijacked that.

That was a hardcore shift.

You know what? If Reagan had simply tamped down some of the fervor that erupted from that comment,
"Folks, I just meant that I'd like to see us administer our government with a whole lot less fraud and abuse, a whole lot more efficiency and a lot more transparency...I didn't mean that we should rid ourselves of government altogether", a lot of this could have been avoided.
But Reagan's cowboy hero image was almost a deity in those circles, and his acolytes immediately set about trying to impress him with further and more radical interpretations of his rhetoric, each trying to top the other.
And by the time Newt rode the wave, Reagan was already in "the sunset of his life" mentally speaking.
Otherwise, I suspect we would have seen the old emeritus on maybe Fox News or similar, urging a bit of restraint.

Yes, Trump is the symptom. No doubt.

The great communicator, righto.

They startled me sometimes.

I look back on the days when I was a Republican and wonder how I missed all the signs. Between the idiots talking about legitimate rape, and the Evangelicals telling me the Earth was 6000 years old, and all of that, I still held out hope that not everyone was a moron.

Then along came Trump. It was over for me.

The GOP has killed itself. Ronald Reagan and Dwight Eisenhower are rolling in their graves.

I'd vote for an Ike.

It'll be back, I just hope it's during a time when I'm still feeding myself.

If you want to see it, I'll have put a device on your computer to charge you $20 to access it though.

If he's such a solid choice why are they scheming to rig the primary in his favor?
You are implying what by saying, "they scheming to rig the primary in his favor"? It's obviously not a secret. We know the kind of support Trump has within the rank and file of the party itself, so why would the organization seek to create divisions when none exist, none are needed nor wanted?

This is not like the actually secret and craftily created schemes of the DNC. We all know the fat lady was not a good candidate, and yet...

"They" are the tasked committee, elected state representatives from each state and so, it would seem to me, to be doing the people's, of the GOP, work.

Like the old Wendy's commercial, where's the beef?

The EC is made as a system to represent the states, not individual person, as semi-sovereign entities. Even then, the people still vote so it's not comparable to just having no election at all.
Exactly.

We will have still have an election. Besides which, each state sends representatives to the GOP and to the rules committee... as you know it's not like this is just a handed down fiat from Trump. As the quoted article stated, "The Resolution Committee bill must pass through the full RNC to be adopted by the party. Presumably, the act would not stop any other Republicans from running, but the RNC would refuse to endorse the opponent."

The GOP is a private organization, it can make its own rules... I think the level of support within the party for Trump makes this pretty much a nonevent.

Complete fantasy bullcrap!:roll:
I have not found anything which brings me anywhere near to logically respecting your opinion historically nor politically on this or any related matter. The premise behind, for instance, certain fantasies represented in avatar cartoons on site is just a mere symbol of such nonsense.

Foaming at the mouth blind hatred of the guy does not make for particularly good political analysis. The boys and girls who cried "Trump Trump" too often will go down in the history books for its buffoonishly laughably nature.

Wait.....what?

WHAT?

GOP: **** you.

Sincerely, MP
Compromise? Sincerely? Hell no. You and yours tried to push the fat lady, an evil and crooked Hillary upon us all. That after 8 years of uncompromising slenderman BS that was just sooOOooo bad [vast understatement] for the entire nation.

When I called you on it all here, with evidence, you just ignored it...ALL OF IT. CONSTANTLY, OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND...

And so we got the other MP, Mr. President, Donald J Trump.

Hallelujah!!!

As the song presciently intones, all we "have learned from love [of this, our beloved nation], is to shoot somebody that outdrew ya", those somebodies being the corrupt establishments of both parties and those so affiliated.

Thank you, God. MAGA

This is why people should check their sources. rawstory is a hack site that should never be posted as a serious story.
here is a real source.

https://www.npr.org/2019/01/04/6819...-challenge-to-trump-but-the-rules-may-stop-th

some members wanted to block it, but the rules cannot be changed.

so there will be a primary for the RNC.
how well other people do remains to be seen.

"I deplore the unhinged attacks on President Trump by Sen.-elect Mitt Romney, but it's too late now to change any of the 2020 Republican National Convention delegate selection rules," Blackwell said in an email to Williams, which he shared with NPR. "The Republican National Committee may not legally change any of The Rules of the Republican Party now."

The former Republican party is owned by Trump now.

Back
Top Bottom