• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP committee passes resolution to cancel Republican primary due to Trump’s ‘effective presidency’

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/01/re...-gop-primary-due-trumps-effective-presidency/

The Republican National Committee’s resolutions group passed a resolution effectively canceling the GOP primary in 2020.

“RNC Resolutions Committee just voted unanimously to “undivided support” for Trump and his “effective presidency,” clearing way for passage before full GOP governing body on Friday,” tweeted Associated Press reporter Zeke Miller.

The Resolution Committee bill must pass through the full RNC to be adopted by the party. Presumably, the act would not stop any other Republicans from running, but the RNC would refuse to endorse the opponent.

Trump is not doing well in polls. While his GOP support has been unwavering, the rest of the country blames him for the government shutdown. As it stands today, every possible Democratic challenger would beat him in the general election.

tenor.gif

bullseyelqcs

I'm a freaking unicorn!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Way to ensure you ride this pony till its done for, GOP.

I wonder what the going rate to ensure that Trump didn't get primaried was.

Checkerboard Strangler

Meat with eyes!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
You know, a lot of outrage boiled over when the DNC effectively locked Bernie out, but Bernie was not a Democrat, so at least for me, it wasn't that much of a surprise. I was hoping a miracle would occur, or that Bernie might finally do an eleventh hour switch and join the Dems, but in the end the door was slammed on his foot.

But now...NOW...we're talking about a party that wants to slam the door on actual Republican party MEMBERS!
And that, if I am not mistaken, is unprecedented, especially considering the fact that 2016 saw a field of SEVENTEEN contenders, so this is a total 180.

And it reeks of something extremely anti-democratic, other Republicans *NEED NOT APPLY.
Wow...just WOW.

(This means YOU, *John Kasich!)

markjs

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Next step, cancel the 2020 general election, by declaring an Emergency, because the Democrats and Soros organized 25 caravans of 100,000 brown invaders to vote illegally for the democrats.:roll:

Unitedwestand13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
You know, a lot of outrage boiled over when the DNC effectively locked Bernie out, but Bernie was not a Democrat, so at least for me, it wasn't that much of a surprise. I was hoping a miracle would occur, or that Bernie might finally do an eleventh hour switch and join the Dems, but in the end the door was slammed on his foot.

But now...NOW...we're talking about a party that wants to slam the door on actual Republican party MEMBERS!
And that, if I am not mistaken, is unprecedented, especially considering the fact that 2016 saw a field of SEVENTEEN contenders, so this is a total 180.

And it reeks of something extremely anti-democratic, other Republicans *NEED NOT APPLY.
Wow...just WOW.

(This means YOU, *John Kasich!)

Are the republicans incapable of going against their base?

bullseyelqcs

I'm a freaking unicorn!!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Hey, on the positive side....if you don't have a primary, illegals can't vote in it, right?

Checkerboard Strangler

Meat with eyes!
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Next step, cancel the 2020 general election, by declaring an Emergency, because the Democrats and Soros organized 25 caravans of 100,000 brown invaders to vote illegally for the democrats.:roll:

Don't even say that in jest...
I mean, actually, go ahead AND SAY IT but just know that it's not really "The Onion" worthy because...well...you know.

scurred.gif

Chillfolks

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
If the RNC institutes this I hope there will be a third party challenger virtually guaranteeing an idiot democrat will win the election.

azgreg

Chicks dig the long ball
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
How did this happen? I'm serious. What happened to our party? And were the signs there and I just missed them?

For me it was right after the TEA party formed and the evangelical right hijacked that.

ThrowCop

Reaction score
I'm glad I gave up on the party in time to have no culpability in this disaster.

Last edited:

Fishking

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

That you, Alex Jones?

Fishking

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
For me it was right after the TEA party formed and the evangelical right hijacked that.

That's a good point. Those were not the finest moments for the GOP. But they still had me for sure. They actually had me until Trump won the nomination. And every week since then they have pushed me away further.

Ronald Reagan was the first politician I ever voted for. In no alternative universe is the party the same as the one he was at the helm of 39 years ago.

It's a cesspool. This is just one more reason to be repulsed by what it has become.

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
"GOP committee passes resolution to cancel Republican primary due to Trump’s ‘effective presidency’"

giphy.gif

tres borrachos

HoHoHo
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Moderate
This can't be real. I get the feeling there will be a "correction" later. I put the quotes in there because the media knows it does a ****ty job validating stories but they want those initial clicks and the new narrative always sticks more than the corrections.

That aside, if it does happen then screw them...they don't deserve to win anything for a while.

Does the AP always do a ****ty job of validating stories?

Top Bottom