• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP colleagues blast Ted Cruz

Personally I want Ted cruz to be around. Nobody served the democratic base better than Sarah Palin ....for a while there was a void at that position.
I thought Bachman would step up to that role but she's fading....Cruz seem to be has filled that void.

These right wing zealots ...must keep saying vile things to feed their base....and it makes campaigning easy for the dems.

Ted Cruz and the TEATARDS will be run out of the Senate and the House so they can start their own country! The sad thing is they cant call it Disneyland because that already taken.

Dems need to start a new countdown---13 months until the next election.
Personally, I've called for a Convention next June to wake up those Dems who don't remember what not voting in 2010 gave us, this House and 20 or so states with some serious gerry-mandering.
Btw, I have no doubt Dems would have done the same thing, as we did in Illinois.
Personally I want Ted cruz to be around. Nobody served the democratic base better than Sarah Palin ....for a while there was a void at that position.
I thought Bachman would step up to that role but she's fading....Cruz seem to be has filled that void.

These right wing zealots ...must keep saying vile things to feed their base....and it makes campaigning easy for the dems.

Harry Reid said he doesn't care about kids with cancer. Not that a leftist like you could bring yourself to admit anything but total fealty to a leader,but that's reprehensible.

What is the talk down there about Julian castro?
Seems he would be a great opponent for Cruz in 2018.
Ted Cruz and the TEATARDS will be run out of the Senate and the House so they can start their own country! The sad thing is they cant call it Disneyland because that already taken.

I coulden't get through the FOX article.
Context is not a friend to Republicans.
In fact, Republicans have skunked to new sleazy lows with this intentional Lie out of context.
Harry Reid said he doesn't care about kids with cancer. Not that a leftist like you could bring yourself to admit anything but total fealty to a leader,but that's reprehensible.

Last edited:
I coulden't get through the FOX article.
Context is not a friend to Republicans.
In fact, Republicans have skunked to new sleazy lows with this intentional Lie out of context.

He said it to a female CNN reporter. Reid said it and you need to own it. You never give the right any benefit of the doubt,so it's laughable and very hypocritical of you(surprise,surprise)to expect that same courtesy. Kind of like that article you shared about GOP members "blasting"Ted Cruz that didn't name who said what. What a great find that was!

You need to own the context. That's as far as I got with you.
He said it to a female CNN reporter. Reid said it and you need to own it. You never give the right any benefit of the doubt,so it's laughable and very hypocritical of you(surprise,surprise)to expect that same courtesy. Kind of like that article you shared about GOP members "blasting"Ted Cruz that didn't name who said what. What a great find that was!

cherry-picking facts again--nice to see you post first before reading it
No, Drake is absolutely correct, even though they use quotes of someone talking, for instance,

“It was very evident to everyone in the room that Cruz doesn’t have a strategy – he never had a strategy, and could never answer a question about what the end-game was,” said one senator who attended the meeting. “I just wish the 35 House members that have bought the snake oil that was sold could witness what was witnessed today at lunch.”

And yet they never identify who said that... I would agree, that is not journalism, this is more akin to nasty gossip.

And you would know that unless...could it be that you did not read the article yourself...??

Republicans are speaking on the condition of anonymity for reasons you know.
Repubs hold anti-Democratic votes in the House to intimidate any NO votes.
There are clearly enough votes to pass the clean CR, according to scared Republicans.
Reap what you are sewing.
No, Drake is absolutely correct, even though they use quotes of someone talking, for instance,

“It was very evident to everyone in the room that Cruz doesn’t have a strategy – he never had a strategy, and could never answer a question about what the end-game was,” said one senator who attended the meeting. “I just wish the 35 House members that have bought the snake oil that was sold could witness what was witnessed today at lunch.”

And yet they never identify who said that... I would agree, that is not journalism, this is more akin to nasty gossip.

And you would know that unless...could it be that you did not read the article yourself...??

All of Ted Cruz's Republican Critics - Arit John - The Atlantic Wire

"I don’t think it is possible to heal tensions with Ted Cruz. Hopefully we can heal tensions with some of his supporters. The reason I say that is that he seems intent on doing whatever he has to do without regard to either the party or, quite frankly, to the Senate. So I think what we have to do is reach out to his people and let them know that they are following a false leader here."

"It is just a form of governmental terrorism," King told The New York Times on Tuesday of Cruz's Obamacare strategy. Last week on CNN King also accused Cruz of committing a "fraud against the American people" for arguing that his government shutdown brinksmanship might actually work. "We as House Republicans should stop letting Ted Cruz set our agenda for us. If he can deliver on this fine. If he can't, then he should keep quiet from now on and we shouldn't listen to him," he said. "Either put up or shut up."

New York Rep. Peter King

Johnson went on to say that Cruz and others are misleading voters into thinking they can defund healthcare. "They just want anybody who offers them a path, whether it’s realistic or not," he said.

Sen. Ron Johnson

I didn’t go to Harvard or Princeton, but I can count -- the defunding box canyon is a tactic that will fail and weaken our position. –BC
— Senator Bob Corker (@SenBobCorker) September 19, 2013

"I think it's the dumbest idea I've ever heard," Burr told public radio reporter Todd Zwilich in August. "I think some of these guys need to understand that you shut down the federal government, you better have a specific reason to do it that's achievable."

Sen. Richard Burr

"Well, this strategy of defunding Obamacare was an ad hoc strategy laid out without consulting with his fellow senators and at every step of the way, it’s been sort of cobbled together on the fly,"

Karl Rove

When Mr. Cruz demands that House Republicans "hold firm," he means they should keep trying to defund ObamaCare even if it results in a shutdown that President Obama will blame on Republicans. It's nice of him to volunteer House Republicans for duty. The supposedly intrepid General Cruz can view the battle from the comfort of HQ while the enlisted troops take any casualties.

The Wall Street Journal

Cruz is a legislative terrorist.

Who filibusters a bill for almost 24 hours and then votes "YES" for it?????????????????

Shoot the messenger all you want.
25 Republican Senators voted for cloture versus Cruz's 19.
Wrong again. Unnamed senators does not cut it. Politico,really? Better go back to defending Harry Reid.

Republicans are speaking on the condition of anonymity for reasons you know.
Repubs hold anti-Democratic votes in the House to intimidate any NO votes.
There are clearly enough votes to pass the clean CR, according to scared Republicans.
Reap what you are sewing.
Only the Democrats and a few Rinos want a clean CR, not the rest of us out here. If the president and Reid wanted to avoid a shut down... they could just go along and delay Obamacare, that, or rather defunding, which is what the American actually people want.

Just because you folks successfully put the blame on Republicans for the shutdown '95-96 does not mean you will get away with it this time, times have changed, more people follow politics through the internet now, more watch other channels besides just the ones in the tank for the Democrat party...we get more of the real story nowadays. :sinking:

The real blame for the shutdown should go to the folks who actually are the ones holding things up...Obama et al. And shutting down things like national parks, WW2 monuments, Army Navy intercollegiate events just to make the people suffer more so you can blame it on the Republicans...shameful and will come back to bite y'all in the donkey.

:yt

Reap what you sew, damn right.

Cruz is a legislative terrorist.

Who filibusters a bill for almost 24 hours and then votes "YES" for it?????????????????
Sounds almost like a Democrat doesn't it... except Cruz is someone who knows exactly what he is doing ...and what needs to be done.

it's amazing what passes as "politics" with some of you people. Honestly, it's like most of you are bored, agitated, and lack anything resembling a life, so you simply sign on here to fight with people who lead an equally sad existence, just hailing from an opposing view point

Of course, that's totally not what he said.

Of course, that's totally not what he said.
Yes, I believe what he said is he doesn't care about saving a child's life since he has1100 people sitting at home at Dulles AFB...with their own problems...what about the children, is that not the hew and cry of libs? If we could just save one more child....

Harry Reid Insults Reporter And Says He Won't Help Children With Cancer - YouTube

I mean, we all understand that Reid is a bumbling idiot, but he did say it...

And he says a part of the co equal branch of the Federal government, the part of the legislative branch that initiates spending bills, does not get a hand in picking and choosing what gets funded...?!?! Harry needs to go back to 8th grade and learn a little about our history, take a civics course maybe...

I am on the other side and even I am embarrassed for him...

Back
Top Bottom