• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Close To Dumping Trump As Coup Plotters Near Votes Needed To Cause Nomination Cha

Re: GOP Close To Dumping Trump As Coup Plotters Near Votes Needed To Cause Nomination

No it really wouldn't be.
It would be better than another Democrat winning.

He is forgetting that Western civilization has been circling the drain since Obamas election and disastrous foreign policy.

Re: GOP Close To Dumping Trump As Coup Plotters Near Votes Needed To Cause Nomination

The Republican Party does not have to follow the will of the voters. You could argue they should, but they are not under obligation.

And the thing you do not seem to think about: many of those who voted for Trump are not republicans, and you can make a good argument Trump himself is not a republican. The Republican Party has every right, possibly even an obligation, to do what is best for the party over what is best for Trump.
Party rules state otherwise.

Delegates are bound to the primary winner on the first vote.
After that if there is a 2nd vote they can vote for who they want.

The problem is that trump has more than enough first votes to win.

Now there is a guy suing in Virginia so that he can try and vote against the people in his state
However to me this is nonsense.

Sorry that you support someone else but he didn't win.

The voters decided who they wanted.
Rouge delegates are a bad thing and poisons
The system.

Party rules state otherwise.

Delegates are bound to the primary winner on the first vote.
After that if there is a 2nd vote they can vote for who they want.

The problem is that trump has more than enough first votes to win.

Now there is a guy suing in Virginia so that he can try and vote against the people in his state
However to me this is nonsense.

Sorry that you support someone else but he didn't win.

The voters decided who they wanted.
Rouge delegates are a bad thing and poisons
The system.

Party rules allow the party rules to be changed. The process they are trying is within party rules.

The republicans are banking that the dislike of Hillary, Obama, and "new" democrats in general will still propel an alternate republican to the White House and preserve the status quo.

That is the discussion. It's a gamble, but I don't totally disagree. What I do agree with is "anyone but Trump" is a transparent attempt for the elite to jeep keep their power and rewrite the rules for the next cycle to keep outsiders like Trump out.

His June fundraising is likely to have made all this moot.

its pretty much guaranteed with trump heading the ticket as it is.
Republican turnout was up 62% this year.
Democratic turnout was down 21% this year.

Lots drums being banged slowly implying his impending death. Meanwhile...GOP voters are turning out...democrat voters so far have not been. Who knows if it will continue, but I think the media is spinning a narrative they really want the rest of the world to believe.

I would like to believe it but why is this story in an anti Trump rag and not in the mainstream press?

Let me guess....they'll try to replace Trump with Jeb Bush? Because he represents big oil companies that are scared witless about Trump not being a member of their team.

The hack job GOP candidates lost fair and square, now they want to cheat to try to salvage the election, but the people have spoken: Dump Trump and conservative voters will dump the GOP.

Sounds a lot like you are talking about Clinton to me. She was coronated before the primaries even started. The fix was in, right down to the superdelegates and the DNC and the Wall Street supporters. Ask Bernie if you don't believe me.

Wonder who they plan to replace him with? :2wave:

<Republicans are coming close to the number of votes that they need to dump Donald Trump at their convention in Cleveland. >

<Reid Epstein of The Wall Street Journal reported:>

<The anti-Trump camp needs the backing of 28, or one-quarter, of the 112 Convention Rules Committee members, in order to place the issue before the full convention. A Wall Street Journal survey suggests it could be close. >

,Though a majority of the convention delegates are bound to support Mr. Trump, Mr. Evans’s count shows just about 890 delegates are personally loyal to the New Yorker. Another 680 oppose Mr. Trump. That leaves 900 delegates who are presumed to be “in play,” he said. The stop-Trump forces would have to take nearly two-thirds of them to block his nomination>

GOP Close To Dumping Trump As Coup Plotters Near Votes Needed To Cause Nomination Chaos

I find this to be insanity. Trump brought out more voters in the primaries than any GOP candidate ever. The numbers are up 62 % - and they have no one else in play. The American people aren't going to stand by and let this happen. These people who are willing to jeopardize this election for their own stupidity would cost Republicans the election. I personally think this is not going to happen - Trump just raised 52 million dollars. Everything he said he could do he has done - so those who decide to be stubborn will ultimately be the downfall of the GOP if they act on their poor decisions.

Lots drums being banged slowly implying his impending death. Meanwhile...GOP voters are turning out...democrat voters so far have not been. Who knows if it will continue, but I think the media is spinning a narrative they really want the rest of the world to believe.

They had 17 candidates running as opposed two on the Dem side.We'll see what Nov brings.:2wave:

Not what I think.
He has the required number for the nomination. It should be his by all rights.

If the GOP and conservatives do not support him they shoot their selves in the head, as the SCt is of issue this election. Get behind him and they can win.

If they don't allow him to become the nominee, most of those he brought to this election will feel shafted and will be walking away from voting for the party. That twill be a loss for the GOP. Their only logical choice is to get behind Trump and his supporters to win, that is, if they really care about their values.

Trump is so bad, he makes Hillary look good. That is one hell of a ****ing achievement.

Sounds a lot like you are talking about Clinton to me. She was coronated before the primaries even started. The fix was in, right down to the superdelegates and the DNC and the Wall Street supporters. Ask Bernie if you don't believe me.

If Bernie Sanders had spent the time and effort courting popular support among the super-delegates prior to announcing his bid, similar to how Obama got his support, maybe more super delegates would have endorsed Bernie.

Then again, Hilliary got endorsements as early as 2014 so the democrats were likely backing who they believed was the strongest candidate.

They had 17 candidates running as opposed two on the Dem side.We'll see what Nov brings.:2wave:
Thats what I've always said.

Either way it wouldda been a good year to have some stock in vice grips.:(

Either way it wouldda been a good year to have some stock in vice grips.:(
Que? I have to admit...not sure what you are referencing there.

Que? I have to admit...not sure what you are referencing there.

Vice grips for the nose, the stench being too strong for the old standby, clothes pins (if you could find them) regardless what which presumptive candidate you vote for.:2wave:

Vice grips for the nose, the stench being too strong for the old standby, clothes pins (if you could find them) regardless what which presumptive candidate you vote for.:2wave:
Gotcha...all aboard there.

Lame reply and out of context as well.

:lamo :lamo

Besides the fact Trump said it himself!

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Love it.

:lamo :lamo

Besides the fact Trump said it himself!

:lamo :lamo :lamo

Love it.
I love the absurd opinions others post. It really reveals them.

We know he said it.
What you presented it to mean is, and was, out of context.

Do I really need to explain why?

Back
Top Bottom