• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP candidate to Obama: 'Go to hell'

The disrespect is just a mirror of how we treat each other in our society today.

What is with the "we". got a mouse in your pocket? I won't dispute some treat others with disrespect. I will dispute that everyone treats everyone else with disrespect. If yours was the case, then we would have no organizations that help the down and out.

I just got a letter from Romney, asking for donations. In his letter, all he has to say is bad things about how democrats are running things, not a word about how the GOP will run it....guess we just have to trust republicans until after they win, right?

We need candidates that we can vote FOR, not candidates that we have to vote AGAINST...

I have to agree with you on that. I don't mind a candidate telling me what's wrong with the other candidate (as long as they are telling the truth), but I need to know more than that if they really want my support.

But Obama would be the one choosing the weapons and he would choose basketballs...

Have you seen Obama throw? I don't think she could take Palin on the basketball court. :3oops:

I'm not sure Muslims have a hell, so an ill placed comment at best

That you lie thing was a mistake ;-)[video]http://vodpod.com/watch/2214005-saturday-night-live-you-lie[/video]

Well, he DID lie, so it wasnt really out of line, maybe not the best of manners, but neither was lieing in front of the American people with a straight face.

considering the last 3-4 men who have held the office, respect is a bit hard to come by. A POS is a POS, whether he is POTUS or a greeter at walmart

Some truth to that, but you still show resepct to the office. Any soilder will tell you you have to respect a rank even if you don't respect the man wearing it.

Some truth to that, but you still show resepct to the office. Any soilder will tell you you have to respect a rank even if you don't respect the man wearing it.

even if your commander in cheif doesnt believe in what you risk your life for, and uses it as a side bar for political gain?
really?

no, you have to obey their orders, nothing says you have to respect them. I never got that whole, "respect the rank" thing. If the guy holding the rank doesn't deserve the rank, how can you respect either?

no, you have to obey their orders, nothing says you have to respect them. I never got that whole, "respect the rank" thing. If the guy holding the rank doesn't deserve the rank, how can you respect either?

I have to respect the rank. This doesn't mean I can't oppose him, but I must follow a certain decorum. So do members of congress. Or potential members of congress.

even if your commander in cheif doesnt believe in what you risk your life for, and uses it as a side bar for political gain?
really?

Yes. And even when a comander in Cheif needlessly and recklessly risks your life, as the last one did. The office demands that decorum even when you oppose their beliefs and actions.

Yes. And even when a comander in Cheif needlessly and recklessly risks your life, as the last one did. The office demands that decorum even when you oppose their beliefs and actions.

I was always taught that as long as you preface your comment with "Sir, with all due respect..." you could say just about anything you wanted to. As a 1LT, I "respectfully" told a LTC he needed to pull his head out of his ass.

I was always taught that as long as you preface your comment with "Sir, with all due respect..." you could say just about anything you wanted to. As a 1LT, I "respectfully" told a LTC he needed to pull his head out of his ass.

But you had to follow the decorum. Dealing with the president also requires you follow a proper decorum.

But you had to follow the decorum. Dealing with the president also requires you follow a proper decorum.

Mr. President, with all due respect...go **** yourself. :lamo

Not sure that fits the proper decorum, as I would argue it is exactly the same, but yes, you can oppose as long as you follow the decorum. ;)

But Obama would be the one choosing the weapons and he would choose basketballs...

Didn't Palin get the nickname Sarah Barracuda from her basketball team? I might be wrong, but it was some sport.

So much for respect for the office. It was only a matter of time.

I think only respectful people deserve respect. I don't care if it is the POTUS.
I didn't click on the links, so some I may not agree all are disrespectful. I just googled "Obama disrespectful" and this is a sampling.
I really have never known a more disrespectful and arrogant president. I think a candidate saying he can go to hell is rather trivial.

Obama's signs of disrespect | News for Dallas, Texas | Dallas Morning News | Columnists: Mark Davis

President Obama Disrespects Presidency: A Sexual Lesson, What Is “Tea Bagging”? [NSFW]–UPDATED | Liberty Pundits Blog

YouTube - Obama Praises the Koran & Disrespects the Bible / Video 9.

http://www.wnd.com/in

President Obama disrespects Supreme Court | Orange Juice

Watch Obama Disrespects Michael Jackson and Family Video | Break.com

Obama’s mistreatment (and disrespect) of Israel-Israel News | The Freedomist

CALIFORNIA YANKEE: Obama Disrespects The Flag

OpEdNews - Article: Avoiding World Conference on Racism Shows Obama's Disrespect For Blacks

The Jawa Report: Obama Disrespects the Philippines

British Press: How Could Obama Disrespect Us,... | Gather

Mr. Obama and Disrespect for our Nation

Bill Kristol: Arizona Law Suit Shows Obama Administration's 'Disrespect for Democracy' | Video Cafe

Commentary » Blog Archive » Why Is Obama So Disrespectful of Britain?

Obama’s “Pet Goat” Moment: Absolute Disrespect And Apathy In Obama’s Rushed Ft. Hood Speech at Pat Dollard

So, how long now you be a 1LT?:2razz:

Did you fact check all those first? or use Snopes?

That won't pass muster...he is still CIC, and you don't tell your superiors what to do in that manner. Unless you want a court martial...

The closest I ever came to being disrespectful was when I went to our Dept. head, an O2, and told him that our division officer, an O1, was trying to get me to do something stupid. It was the second time the O1 got uptight and bothered over trivial issues while we were trying to fight the war in Vietnam. The LTJG told the ensign that he was relieved of all further responsibilities concerning our work group. But, if you aren't sure you are right, you had better obey the orders given...

Didn't Palin get the nickname Sarah Barracuda from her basketball team? I might be wrong, but it was some sport.

Her husband Todd, whom Palin met in high school, is a champion snowmobiler, but Palin's sport of choice is basketball. She was a star point guard in high school and earned the nickname "Sarah Barracuda" for her hardnosed style of play.

Meet Sarah "Barracuda" Palin - Horserace - CBS News

She'd kick his skinny ass no matter what they dueled with.

I'm not sure Muslims have a hell, so an ill placed comment at best

You ever wonder why the world thinks Americans, on average, are morons?

We say such silly things at times.

LePage tells The Associated Press that he regrets his choice of words, but he stands behind its intent. He says the administration's spending is driving up the national debt and "taking us to a place where my children and my grandchildren will never come back."

When reasonable people hear a statement like this, they must read between the lines -- his half-assed backpedaling reveals the hypocrisy of fringe thought. They didn't seem to mind when Obama's predecessor took us from a surplus to a massive deficit. But now, the spending is characterized at a crime against children.

Obama has added to the deficit with spending designed to hold back the floodwaters of total collapse. So far, it has worked. So, what is it then, about Obama, that is really bothering them?

If the GOP had somehow gotten back into power, they would have been faced with the same hard choices about bailouts and pragmatic extensions of unemployment during an extended economic downturn. The GOP would have been forced to spend tax-dollars to solve the same big problems.

However, is this really just about the short-term memory painting the Dems as the only over-spenders of tax revenue (even though the GOP would have done the same thing)... or is there something more?? Is there something else about Obama that fuels all the hyper-partisanship.

If Obama was a white Dem with an non-foreign sounding name, would we have heard "You Lie!" and "Go to Hell" or Rush Limbaugh calling the President of the United States, "jackass"?? I don't think so.

Back
Top Bottom