• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

GOP Blast from the Past

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

The more things change, the more they stay the same...

Just curious... but do you have anything showing those claims were false? Voting record perhaps?

Reid is opposed to the AZ immigration law
Nevada does lead the nation in highest unemployment rate
Another amendment offered on May 25, 2006 during the immigration debate, this one by Sen. John Ensign, R-Nev. This amendment was designed to bar illegal immigrants applying for legal status from receiving "any tax refund for any taxable year prior to 2006, or to file any claim for the Earned Income Tax Credit, or any other tax credit otherwise allowable under the tax code."

The amendment passed, 50-47, with Reid -- and 11 Republicans -- voting against it.
The social security benefits were part of the amnesty bill.

Last edited:
You're missing the point. It's race-baiting and xenophobia.

The claim about "to give special tax breaks to illegal aliens." and "to give illegals Social Security benefits even for the time they were here illegally." were rated FALSE and BARELY TRUE by Politifact.

Face it, Angle plays fast and lose with the truth, just like Palin.

The claim about "to give special tax breaks to illegal aliens." and "to give illegals Social Security benefits even for the time they were here illegally." were rated FALSE and BARELY TRUE by Politifact.

yeah your heroes like Obama are the paramounts of veracity

right... I keep forgetting. Anyone who is against 'illegal' immigration is a racist. Got it. How silly of me.

Boring. It is always the same thing.

Guy A: This is cleary racism.

Guy B: Oh, so supporting issue X makes me a racist?

The issue isn't racism, or issue X, it is propaganda meant to inspire a racial reaction in a group of people rather than explore the position truthfully and objectively. Does that make people who support issue X racist? No. Does that make the issue inspired by racism? No. But it does make the propaganda a load of crap and people could probably stop being so emotionally sensitive and acknowledge it.

Boring. It is always the same thing.

Guy A: This is cleary racism.

Guy B: Oh, so supporting issue X makes me a racist?

The issue isn't racism, or issue X, it is propaganda meant to inspire a racial reaction in a group of people rather than explore the position truthfully and objectively. Does that make people who support issue X racist? No. Does that make the issue inspired by racism? No. But it does make the propaganda a load of crap and people could probably stop being so emotionally sensitive and acknowledge it.

My issue was./is.. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

If you don't vote for the Republic a black or brown person may take your job.

I don't think the ads were geared toward educated Republicans. No engineers or dentists are worried -- maybe their stay-at-home wives watching Fox and friends.

I see you broke out your thesaurus for your talking point...

I'd be happy to compare vocabulary, resumes, academics etc with you. shall we compare verbal SAT scores?

Back
Top Bottom