• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

GOP aims at Obamacare, hits innocent custormers

Yea my Company provided Insurance went up 40% this year and who knows what next year is going to bring.

Nothing good.

Ive had Company provided insurance for me and my family for the last 20 years and I've never seen rate increases like this before.

Last year they dropped dependents from our plan, this year I had to pay in for the first time in 20 years
Obamacare requires companies to cover dependants. In your ODS compliant dishonesty, you should have claimed they no longer covered your spouse.

Party politics come first, am I right?

Let us get one thing straight, the GOP, with all its faults and ridiculous nonsense, aims at Obamacare because they realized from the beginning that ACA can't work. After all the fanfare, all the promised and the hope we had, one would think that life for the poorest and most vulnerable would have improved. But not only did it not improve, many more are one illness, one paycheck, away from chaos.
So please do us all a favor and see this ACA for the failure it is, stop making HC into a partisan issue, and start looking for solutions that actually work.
People who have nothing to offer than the same old party blame game should shut up for once, and let those who are interested in solving problems step up.

The only possible way to lower premiums, not reduce increases but actually lower them and lower them substantially, is to force a reduction to the actual cost of health care. Stop demanding state of the art technology and the latest and the greatest medicines. Don't allow obscene profitability for drugs, like $300.00 for a 30 day prescription. I take two such drugs, which the insurance pays the vast bulk of the cost for. Of course they negotiate a lowered cost, but I would have to pay the $600.00 a month if I had no insurance, and I take other meds too. I get free labs, blood work, x-rays etc. Free to me, not the insurance which pays hundreds.

These are things the working poor had absolutely no hope of before the ACA. No preventative care at all. Tough **** is what they were told...Millions of them.

Either that or we could do away with health insurance all together with it's additional layer of profit which adds nothing to healthcare outcomes but definitely drives up the cost to the consumer.

Another alternative is to go back to the way things were before and just price 10s of millions out of preventative health care all together simply because they have a crappy employer.

The only possible way to lower premiums, not reduce increases but actually lower them and lower them substantially, is to force a reduction to the actual cost of health care. Stop demanding state of the art technology and the latest and the greatest medicines. Don't allow obscene profitability for drugs, like $300.00 for a 30 day prescription. I take two such drugs, which the insurance pays the vast bulk of the cost for. Of course they negotiate a lowered cost, but I would have to pay the $600.00 a month if I had no insurance, and I take other meds too. I get free labs, blood work, x-rays etc. Free to me, not the insurance which pays hundreds.

These are things the working poor had absolutely no hope of before the ACA. No preventative care at all. Tough **** is what they were told...Millions of them.

Either that or we could do away with health insurance all together with it's additional layer of profit which adds nothing to healthcare outcomes but definitely drives up the cost to the consumer.

Another alternative is to go back to the way things were before and just price 10s of millions out of preventative health care all together simply because they have a crappy employer.

Sounds allot like the rhetoric we were fed right before ObamaCare was shoved down our throats. " Millions didn't have access to affordable healthcare.

But the reality was 85% were satisfied with their Healthcare. Even Schumer had to acknowledge this after the 2014 Midterm GOP routing of the Democrat party

The only saving grace to that disaster of a law is the Dems got their asses handed to them.

Schumer Says Obamacare Hurt Dems: ?85% of All Americans Were Fine With Their Health Care?

Many Americans knew ObamaCare was going to be a disaster.

It was sold as a " Free market " solution to fix a contrived problem by people who wouldn't know a free market solution if it jumped up and bit them in the ass

So, apparently Healthcare was SO unaffordable back in 2009 that we needed a new law to make it affordable.

So how is it more affordable now 7 years later after premiums, out of pocket cost and deductibles have skyrocketed ?

Its not. Its a redistribution scheme that was aimed at the pocket books of Middle Class Americans.

The Rich can afford premium hikes, the poor get full subsidies and the Middle Class American pays inflated cost for a policy that has a unaffordable deductible

Yes, we should go back to the way it was. That was exponentially better than ObamaCare

Yes, we should go back to the way it was. That was exponentially better than ObamaCare

You mean when your employer paid the entirety of your premium for you and you had no idea what it even was? Good times!

If your position is that you want to pay nothing, get everything, and have someone else make all your decisions for you, you probably should've voted for Bernie Sanders.

Markets are inherently less paternalistic and require more from you as the consumer. Doesn't sound like you're taking it well.

You mean when your employer paid the entirety of your premium for you and you had no idea what it even was? Good times!

If your position is that you want to pay nothing, get everything, and have someone else make all your decisions for you, you probably should've voted for Bernie Sanders.

Markets are inherently less paternalistic and require more from you as the consumer. Doesn't sound like you're taking it well.

Pay nothing ? Nonsense

Employer provided health insurance was agreed upon compensation, part of a larger benefits package that I've and millions of Americans like me have been offered at every Company Ive worked for

Thanks to allot of hard work, allot of education and experience I'm exceptionally good at what I do, so to keep me from jumping ship and heading over to a competitor I and Millions of Americans like me have always had coverage

Of-course people like you would be against any agreement between two private parties that didn't involve Govt intervention.

Also employer provided health insurance is and was never " free '' and neither is Single payer.

You might be able to scam some naive Sanders supporter into believing that nonsense, but not me.

Sounds allot like the rhetoric we were fed right before ObamaCare was shoved down our throats. " Millions didn't have access to affordable healthcare.

But the reality was 85% were satisfied with their Healthcare. Even Schumer had to acknowledge this after the 2014 Midterm GOP routing of the Democrat party

The only saving grace to that disaster of a law is the Dems got their asses handed to them.

Schumer Says Obamacare Hurt Dems: ?85% of All Americans Were Fine With Their Health Care?

Many Americans knew ObamaCare was going to be a disaster.

It was sold as a " Free market " solution to fix a contrived problem by people who wouldn't know a free market solution if it jumped up and bit them in the ass

So, apparently Healthcare was SO unaffordable back in 2009 that we needed a new law to make it affordable.

So how is it more affordable now 7 years later after premiums, out of pocket cost and deductibles have skyrocketed ?

Its not. Its a redistribution scheme that was aimed at the pocket books of Middle Class Americans.

The Rich can afford premium hikes, the poor get full subsidies and the Middle Class American pays inflated cost for a policy that has a unaffordable deductible

85% were satisfied with their healthcare? OK let's go with that number. It sucks. It should be 100%. With a population of 320,000,000 that's 48 million left out in the cold.
What have conservatives done over the decades to address that problem? NOTHING but obstruct any attempt at a resolution.

As far as a wealth redistribution goes, that's what insurance is. Spread the burden amongst all the insured. If you don't like it, then carry no insurance and be ready to pay in full the complete cost of any and all medical services. Can't pay? No services...period. No preventative care. Though ****. Broken leg? Can pay? Tough ****. No more freebees at the emergency room which drives up the cost for us all.

Obamacare is not the problem. The excessive cost of healthcare is the problem. Very, very few could afford heathcare without insurance.

85% were satisfied with their healthcare? OK let's go with that number. It sucks. It should be 100%. With a population of 320,000,000 that's 48 million left out in the cold.
What have conservatives done over the decades to address that problem? NOTHING but obstruct any attempt at a resolution.

As far as a wealth redistribution goes, that's what insurance is. Spread the burden amongst all the insured. If you don't like it, then carry no insurance and be ready to pay in full the complete cost of any and all medical services. Can't pay? No services...period. No preventative care. Though ****. Broken leg? Can pay? Tough ****. No more freebees at the emergency room which drives up the cost for us all.

Obamacare is not the problem. The excessive cost of healthcare is the problem. Very, very few could afford heathcare without insurance.

That (bolded above) is not what PPACA does - it is designed to force additional payment from those deemed (most?) able to afford it.

Lol....

100 % should be satisfied, huh ? ObamaCare certainly didnt accomplish that goal, thats for sure.

As for the 15% not " satisfied " ?
Gallup: 80% satisfied with health care, 61% with insurance « Hot Air

And no, prior to ObamaCare there was no substantial burden put on the Middle Class to make insurance " affordable " for a small minority of Americans

But there is now. So much for the Democrats being the party of the Middle Class. Want to throw a huge wet blanket on a consumer driven economy ?

Strip more and more discretionary income away from the Middle class via a idiotic and destructive legislative initiative that was sold on a pack of lies. Good job Dems

And NO, the cost of Healthcare in 2008 didn't necessitate the passing of a law thats so bad, so unpopular that the Democrats who ran in the last midterms were forced to pretend it didn't exist for fear of losing their jobs.

Obama's signature legislation was so toxic, such a liability that Dems had to resort to petty pandering and divisive identity politics instead of running on the " successes " of the last 6 years

They still got their asses handed to them.

So you can claim ObamaCare isn't the problem but honestly no one is listening.

Why ? Because the average American is smarter and has a greater memory span than the Democrat party gives them credit for

The left will lie, misinform and literally try to rewrite history to mitigate the destructive effects of their agenda driven initiatives. Like claiming Health insurance is inherently redistributive while ignoring the exponential increases in premiums and out of pocket expenses hard working Americans have had to endure over the last few years

As for your plan to limit cost through MORE Govt intervention into what was once a privately run economic sector ?

Hasn't the Govt done enough damage already?

Last edited:
Nonsense indeed.

Yup, Single payer is " free " ....:lamo

Look, why cant intelligent people such as yourself just admit that ObamaCare was a poorly conceived and poorly executed law ?

Are you more loyal to your Political affiliation than you are to the truth ?

If I were a Democrat as a matter of practicality I would want it scrapped ASAP.

Its a albatross thats not only cost the Dems the Senate and more seats in the House, its cost them Politically on a State level too.

Its also going to weigh heavily on a already lackluster Obama legacy and no amount of revisionism is going to change that.

That (bolded above) is not what PPACA does - it is designed to force additional payment from those deemed (most?) able to afford it.

It is designed to get everyone participating in the healthcare system. Far to many people can not afford the high cost of insurance and without insurance they have no access to preventative healthcare. More people in the system means more cost to the system and that money has to come from somewhere. Gone are the days when the working poor have no access to healthcare thanks to the ACA. Excluding a whole class of people to keep cost down is a shameful and disgusting way to run a healthcare system.

Back
Top Bottom