• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goose, Gull Overdose On Prescription Pills Left In Park

Bum

I survived. Suck it, Schrodinger.
Dungeon Master
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
A goose and gull at a park in California are recovering after eating prescription pills someone left on the ground.
The Wetlands & Wildlife Care Center in Huntington Beach posted photos of hundreds of pills scattered on the ground where children play. Another photo shows a goose on its back after ingesting some of the pills.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/g...pills-left-in-park/ar-BBRjiCC?ocid=spartanntp

Wow......looking at the pics, it looks like someone dumped a bag of druggie skittles; sad about the birds, but glad it wasn't kids that found and ingested them.

i hope that none of the birds died.

At least it wasn't Goose and Maverick.

Seriously, that is disgusting.

What a freaky story, that sadly reflects the times.

On a related note, the best thing you can do is train your house pets to back-off if you drop an item on the floor. Because one day you will accidentally drop something bad for them, that they think may be good for them, and the last thing you want is them slurping it up!

So was that the goal? While certainly a dangerous and cruel “prank”, it seems like it would also be an expensive one. Maybe someone was trying to kick the habit and was careless in the disposal?

Pills aren't the only thing left out there, it just makes the news more easily.
An Error Occurred Setting Your User Cookie
That's a very long-known issue. Quite a few years back, we had a local shooting club close-down due to their (outdoor) trap shooting range being situated so that the shooting and shot continued over a body of water. All that lead became an environmental hazard.

So was that the goal? While certainly a dangerous and cruel “prank”, it seems like it would also be an expensive one. Maybe someone was trying to kick the habit and was careless in the disposal?

Hopefully not a prank. It would have been a costly one for sure.

Long time ago.. we were sitting in on a bench watching birds. A sunny day, lot of people were out and about enjoying themselves. Some threw out crumbs, some had bird seeds. All the sudden a bunch of birds just fell over, dead. Some a.....e had brought poisoned feed of sorts. I was a kid back then, but I have never forgotten that day.

Back
Top Bottom