• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Feds

Tovarish

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Google_Pressure_Cookers_and_Backpacks_-9456a6a0e41ba2b68be339d491bbb086

Michele Catalano was looking for information online about pressure cookers. Her husband, in the same time frame, was Googling backpacks. Wednesday morning, six men from a joint terrorism task force showed up at their house to see if they were terrorists. Which begs the question: How'd the government know what they were Googling?
Catalano (who is a professional writer) describes the tension of that visit: "[T]hey were peppering my husband with questions. Where is he from? Where are his parents from? They asked about me, where was I, where do I work, where do my parents live. Do you have any bombs, they asked. Do you own a pressure cooker? My husband said no, but we have a rice cooker. Can you make a bomb with that? My husband said no, my wife uses it to make quinoa. What the hell is quinoa, they asked. ...
Have you ever looked up how to make a pressure cooker bomb? My husband, ever the oppositional kind, asked them if they themselves weren’t curious as to how a pressure cooker bomb works, if they ever looked it up. Two of them admitted they did." Google Pressure Cookers and Backpacks, Get a Visit from the Feds

I didn't know google sold pressure cookers. On a more serious note, this is utterly ridiculous and lawsuit worthy.

I'm guessing there's more to the story...

It's possible that one of the two of them is tangentially linked to a foreign terror suspect...

It is also possible that there were other factors that prompted the government's interest in Catalano and her husband. He travels to Asia...

* laughs * Total surveillance on everyone. Travels to Asia - expect problems. Buying a pressure cooker - expect problems. The government spits on Amendment 4. And the people chewing snot. It remains the FBI "expose terrorists," for that would the Americans to would have approved a total surveillance. And put a show - "The Running Man." As they say in Rome - bread and circuses. The characters, which played Clint Eastwood, seeing Americans today, would have committed suicide from the shame.

Ya think?

"FBI and police deny alleged search of journalist's home after Web searches UPDATED"

"TechCrunch says the company in question may be Speco Technologies, where Catalano's husband, Todd Pinnell, was employed until April 2012. Catalano confirms this speculation in a newly published blog post but says she never intentionally misled people with her original account claiming that the search was from the "joint terrorism task force" and solely based on her and her husband's Google searches:"

http://news.yahoo.com/-police-and-fb...200309173.html

Ya think?

"FBI and police deny alleged search of journalist's home after Web searches UPDATED"

"TechCrunch says the company in question may be Speco Technologies, where Catalano's husband, Todd Pinnell, was employed until April 2012. Catalano confirms this speculation in a newly published blog post but says she never intentionally misled people with her original account claiming that the search was from the "joint terrorism task force" and solely based on her and her husband's Google searches:"

http://news.yahoo.com/-police-and-fb...200309173.html

Link didn't work for me.

Last edited:
It looks like the story (its premise) might just be BS. Perhaps you should check RT. *snicker*

* laughs * Naturally. All that you do not like - lodges. You is easier to live?

What does that mean?

I think it means "I am from a society with a long history of suppressing individual liberty, and even though my online language translator comes out gibberish, that sure won't stop me from my mission of taking pot shots at anything to do with America".

I think it means "I am from a society with a long history of suppressing individual liberty, and even though my online language translator comes out gibberish, that sure won't stop me from my mission of taking pot shots at anything to do with America".

Funny. "I am from a society with a long history of suppressing individual liberty" - You mean the "PRISM". * laughs *

Back
Top Bottom