• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google, Facebook And Microsoft Sponsored A Conference That Promoted Climate Change Denial

bubbabgone

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
"Google, Facebook, and Microsoft have publicly acknowledged the dangers of global warming, but last week they all sponsored a conference that promoted climate change denial to young libertarians.

All three tech companies were sponsors of LibertyCon, the annual convention of the libertarian group Students for Liberty, which took place in Washington, DC. Google was a platinum sponsor, ponying up $25,000, and Facebook and Microsoft each contributed $10,000 as gold sponsors. The donations put the tech companies in the top tier of the event’s backers. But the donations also put the firms in company with some of the event’s other sponsors, which included three groups known for their work attacking climate change science and trying to undermine efforts to reduce carbon emissions."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...cid=newsltushpmgnews__TheMorningEmail__012419

I posted this for several reasons:
1) HuffPo is none too pleased such things happen at all.
2) Reading HuffPo's (Mother Jones) loaded reporting is a hoot.
3) The speaker was a heretic - true left-wing but not an alarmist. Oh they hate that.
4) It appears the estimable Chuck Todd and his recommendation to censor climate realism was ignored.

The truth keeps finding its way to the surface.

Hard to say. Corporate minds also have an agenda. In this case, such pitifully small donations from such large corporations... Looks like appeasement to me. They can say "but we donated to..."

Hard to say. Corporate minds also have an agenda. In this case, such pitifully small donations from such large corporations... Looks like appeasement to me. They can say "but we donated to..."

I doubt they expected the presentations they got.

Back
Top Bottom