• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google endorses Black Lives Matter

Re: Google & Twitter endorse Black Lives Matter

Well, doing things like hijacking other peoples rallies, really isn't doing them any favors getting their point across.[/QUO

any excuse to demonize

I will no longer use google. Black lives are not the only lives which matter!

There it is. The inevitable blatant misrepresentation intended to inflame the situation.
Listen, I'll use simple words. If I say that parrots look good, it doesn't mean I think peacocks don't. If I say that Asian babies are cute, it doesn't mean I think white babies aren't. If someone says that black lives matter ______________ ... (you fill in the blanks).

Well, doing things like hijacking other peoples rallies, really isn't doing them any favors getting their point across.

Just because your response is incorrect doesn't mean your cause is.

Just because your response is incorrect doesn't mean your cause is.

I'm not saying their cause is incorrect, I'm saying the way they go anout delivering their message is just wrong, and makes their movement look bad in the process.

I'm not saying their cause is incorrect, I'm saying the way they go anout delivering their message is just wrong, and makes their movement look bad in the process.

That's a very small percentage that's violent and negative in reaction. They receive much more punitive reactions than they create.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in Law & Government or here, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Google has seemingly endorsed Black Lives Matter and weighed in on the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. Personally I don't think multibillion corporations like Google should be weighing in on socio-political issues one way or another, let alone endorsing a controversial political movement like Black Lives Matter. What do you guys think of this? Will this mean anything for Google's business? Set a precedent for more companies to take sides in political disputes?

https://twitter.com/google/status/751174648855928834 (Google on Twitter: "#AltonSterling and #PhilandoCastile?s lives mattered. Black lives matter. We need racial justice now. https://t.co/mXTC0zRfqJ")

Edit: Twitter has followed suite.

https://twitter.com/twitter/status/751231949700624384 (https://archive.is/yjhjE)

Google is a media company, after all. And media loves this BLM crap because it sells. Fact of the matter though is blacks are not killed at disproportionately higher numbers than whites. But, few media people will go there.

Google is a media company, after all. And media loves this BLM crap because it sells. Fact of the matter though is blacks are not killed at disproportionately higher numbers than whites. But, few media people will go there.

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery.

Is that because they're bad people or have bad circumstances?

According to the FBI Uniform Crime Reports, in the year 2008 black youths, who make up 16% of the youth population, accounted for 52% of juvenile violent crime arrests, including 58.5% of youth arrests for homicide and 67% for robbery.

Is that because they're bad people or have bad circumstances?

Who knows? But those numbers are horrible, and considering them, we should be happy that only 25% of the people shot by cops are black.

Who knows? But those numbers are horrible, and considering them, we should be happy that only 25% of the people shot by cops are black.

You just answered your own question that those numbers are horrible. It must certainly be because of circumstances, because surely no race could inherently be that evil?

You just answered your own question that those numbers are horrible. It must certainly be because of circumstances, because surely no race could inherently be that evil?

I try not to believe that race is why those numbers are so bad. I look for other issues: bad parenting, poor opportunities, corrupt culture, chips on shoulders, etc.

I try not to believe that race is why those numbers are so bad. I look for other issues: bad parenting, poor opportunities, corrupt culture, chips on shoulders, etc.

Yet it's all related to ONE race? Surely they cannot be that genetically flawed?

Yet it's all related to ONE race? Surely they cannot be that genetically flawed?

They are not "genetically flawed." The black homicide rate is 25 per 100,000. That is .025%. Hardly any of the whole.

The number of Blacks killed by police last year was 300 of 45,000,000---.6 in 100,000 or .006%---an infinitesimally small number, in the grand scheme of things.

They are not "genetically flawed." The black homicide rate is 25 per 100,000. That is .025%. Hardly any of the whole.

The number of Blacks killed by police last year was 300 of 45,000,000---.6 in 100,000 or .006%---an infinitesimally small number, in the grand scheme of things.

I quote
I try not to believe that race is why those numbers are so bad.

Did you not just say the numbers were so bad?

I quote

Did you not just say the numbers were so bad?

Considering White homicide rates are 2 per 100,000. Yes they are bad.

Considering White homicide rates are 2 per 100,000. Yes they are bad.

Make up your mind, either they're not bad by a percentage or they are? Don't throw in other races to justify your unrelated issues without some proof. Like who are the other 75%?

Make up your mind, either they're not bad by a percentage or they are? Don't throw in other races to justify your unrelated issues without some proof. Like who are the other 75%?

You asked if it was a genetic flaw among Blacks. I showed that over 99.975% of black people do not murder other people. So, I believe that proves that Blacks are not, in general, genetically flawed.

Google is buried deep in the asshole of globalists. They are technocrats of the highest order.

You asked if it was a genetic flaw among Blacks. I showed that over 99.975% of black people do not murder other people. So, I believe that proves that Blacks are not, in general, genetically flawed.

Then you're unequivocally stating that Blacks are not percentage wise the reason for excessive force being used against them in contact with police forces?

Then you're unequivocally stating that Blacks are not percentage wise the reason for excessive force being used against them in contact with police forces?

You've already shown you're poor math skills with that 75% comment in post 90.

To which I am still trying to fugure out how you see 75% as the opposite of .025%, but that is immaterial at the moment. But, it does go to show that percentages are not your thing. So, your question is suspect.

Anyway, I'll answer again what I believe is happening. Blacks, with their homicide rate of 25 per 100,000, a number 12 times higher than that of whites, and who commit 37% of all violent crime, even though they are only 15% of the population, are obviously going to have a lot of per capita encounters with police. And, those cops are going to be apprehensive of them, seeing as to how Blacks murder people at such high rates. So, is it really a surprise that 26% of all people shot by cops are black? It's not to me.

You've already shown you're poor math skills with that 75% comment in post 90.

To which I am still trying to fugure out how you see 75% as the opposite of .025%, but that is immaterial at the moment. But, it does go to show that percentages are not your thing. So, your question is suspect.

Anyway, I'll answer again what I believe is happening. Blacks, with their homicide rate of 25 per 100,000, a number 12 times higher than that of whites, and who commit 37% of all violent crime, even though they are only 15% of the population, are obviously going to have a lot of per capita encounters with police. And, those cops are going to be apprehensive of them, seeing as to how Blacks murder people at such high rates. So, is it really a surprise that 26% of all people shot by cops are black? It's not to me.

That's idiotic.

That's idiotic.

Not for someone who understands numbers, which you obviously do not.

Not for Google, it is good business for them. You add to Google's revenue simply by looking at ads on the internet.

I don't use google. So I don't see the ads they show.

That is no different than white supremacists who talk about overthrowing the US government if it doesn't do what they want. None. Except that what the white supremacists threaten appears to be far more dire.

no thats not what was said, you are demonizing like a grade schooler

I don't use google. So I don't see the ads they show.

Alphabet also owns Google Ad-sense which is what most websites use to run ads, Google controls 52% of all the ad revenue growth in the last year, Facebook controls 38%, and 10% is about 300 "other" companies. Google has essentially a monopoly on internet advertising.

Back
Top Bottom