• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google endorses Black Lives Matter

Re: Google & Twitter endorse Black Lives Matter

Acting alone? Wasn't the report that there were multiple shooters?

Not only that, but didn't a black power group take credit for the attack?

The latest report is that he wasn't affiliated with any groups and acted alone....

"...The suspect was wearing armor and had multiple rounds of ammunition on him. The chief said Johnson acted alone and wasn't affiliated with any groups....

He spent eight months in Afghanistan between 2013 and 2014, the Army said. USA Today reported Johnson was a private first class with a specialty in carpentry and masonry.

Our sister station in Houston, KHOU, has confirmed that Johnson was connected to the New Black Panther Party three years ago for a few months before he was kicked out of the group.

Community activist Quanell X says Johnson was a hot head with violent ideas. He says he advised the leadership to distance themselves from Johnson...."

DPD: Bomb-making materials, ammunition found at suspect's home | WFAA.com

Apparently, they released the other suspects in custody because they weren't involved.

I wasn't sure if this belonged in Law & Government or here, sorry if it's in the wrong place.

Google has seemingly endorsed Black Lives Matter and weighed in on the deaths of Alton Sterling and Philando Castile. Personally I don't think multibillion corporations like Google should be weighing in on socio-political issues one way or another, let alone endorsing a controversial political movement like Black Lives Matter. What do you guys think of this? Will this mean anything for Google's business? Set a precedent for more companies to take sides in political disputes?

https://twitter.com/google/status/751174648855928834 (Google on Twitter: "#AltonSterling and #PhilandoCastile?s lives mattered. Black lives matter. We need racial justice now. https://t.co/mXTC0zRfqJ")

Edit: Twitter has followed suite.

https://twitter.com/twitter/status/751231949700624384 (https://archive.is/yjhjE)

They can do as they see fit but it is bad business. I don't use Google for personal reasons but I might stop using it for their display of business management stupidity. I don't use Twitter either but for lack of interest rather than personal reasons.

They can do as they see fit but it is bad business. I don't use Google for personal reasons but I might stop using it for their display of business management stupidity.

It is not like they are the most valuable company in the world and will continue to be or anything. Whether you like it or not you will always be contributing to their revenue, they are the omnipresent force on the internet.

Last edited:

It is not like they are the most valuable company in the world and will continue to be or anything. Whether you like it or not you will always be contributing to their revenue, they are the omnipresent force on the internet.

Not for me they aren't. It is bad business for any company to get involved in political issues. It has the chance of upsetting half the population. I always criticize companies that do this.

Not for me they aren't. It is bad business for any company to get involved in political issues. It has the chance of upsetting half the population. I always criticize companies that do this.

Not for Google, it is good business for them. You add to Google's revenue simply by looking at ads on the internet.

YES they do ! These thugs are no better than the KKK , but the PC liberals hypocrites love these animals .

they arent thugs, that is just demonizing

YES they do ! These thugs are no better than the KKK , but the PC liberals hypocrites love these animals .

your links have nothing to do with BLM, they are dishonest

Dear Google: Your timing sucks.

And even if the killing of these 5 officers hadn't occured, no one should endorse BLM anyway. It's a disruptive group, not a civil one.

they are trying to disrupt getting murdered by cops.

they arent thugs, that is just demonizing

Let me know when you finally wake up .. zzzz zzzz

they are trying to disrupt getting murdered by cops.

What in the world are you talking about ? Do you have anything at all of value to add ? :roll:

" Never try to discourage thinking, for you are sure to succeed.”
― Bertrand Russell

Their grievances and goals are admirable, their methods are not.

For example, this is not a good way to win people over to your cause:
Black Lives Matter protesters berate white students studying at Dartmouth library - Washington Times

Exactly. The reason BLM pisses me off so much is because of the despicable stuff they do such as hijacking other people's event's to push their agenda.

And everytime they do something like that, it makes their movement look bad as a whole.

Exactly. The reason BLM pisses me off so much is because of the despicable stuff they do such as hijacking other people's event's to push their agenda.

And everytime they do something like that, it makes their movement look bad as a whole.

Unfortunately, if all you have left is violence to be heard, then you are truly oppressed.

What awesome timing.

You know - people can support a cause while opposing racially charged deaths. It doesn't have to be one or the other - it can be both. I don't put the extremists who want to kill police officers in with the same group of people who simply want to take a step forward when it comes to police, race, and society. The extremists, in my view, remove their selves from that group of well-intentioned people and join the likes of all racist extremists - over there with the members of the KKK and all else. They're not furthering any positive cause and fixing any problems. They're just ****ed in the head.

Unfortunately, if all you have left is violence to be heard, then you are truly oppressed.

Blacks aren't being oppressed. That's just BS peddled by race baiters like Al Sharpton.

I don't think memebers of the BLM are oppressed, though.

I will no longer use google. Black lives are not the only lives which matter!

I don't think memebers of the BLM are oppressed, though.

Is that an opinion from experience or speculation?

Is that an opinion from experience or speculation?

Opinion from seeing what they've done as a movement over the years.

Blacks aren't being oppressed. That's just BS peddled by race baiters like Al Sharpton.

Then the negative employment and wealth stats against them are all their fault?

Opinion from seeing what they've done as a movement over the years.

They're not perfect but just maybe they've the best they know how?

They're not perfect but just maybe they've the best they know how?

Well, doing things like hijacking other peoples rallies, really isn't doing them any favors getting their point across.

Their grievances and goals are admirable, their methods are not.

For example, this is not a good way to win people over to your cause:
Black Lives Matter protesters berate white students studying at Dartmouth library - Washington Times

Blocking traffic, shouting threats to cops and looting are also piss-poor methods of winning support.

yeah I suppose having fellow blacks getting killed should make them rational. I done expect rational out of pissed people, it isnt normal.

Back
Top Bottom