• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Censors Ideas

I recently stopped using google as my main search engine because the results have become unreliable and because of the ads.

I still find myself going back at times because they are able to answer a lot of questions without having to click on individual websites.

You are bitching because google is doing what is perfectly within their right to do so? What's the problem, you don't like their rules?
No one said it wasn't within their rights. What a really dumb strawman you just set up.

View attachment 67367106

And they are perfectly in their right to do so. If you use google, then your search results will be tailored to what they want you to see, not the most relevant or popular results. And as usual they collaborate with other social media to ban phrases and people from all their platforms. If you like an echo chamber, use googletubebooktwits. Or use the right alternatives. Different echo chamber. This is what you get when you dont allow free speech.

While companies can do what they want, when their behavior/actions turn into collusion then it actually could be violating laws. For example, if multiple airline companies collude to fix prices or when Kaepernick won a suit against the NFL for colluding to keep him out.

You are bitching because google is doing what is perfectly within their right to do so? What's the problem, you don't like their rules?
It's someone's right to call you an asshole, but if they did you'd be justified in being annoyed by it. The same is true here. I always find it interesting when the sheep defend being herded. It works out great until you reach the slaughterhouse. There will come a time when Google's societal manipulation no longer coincides with your personal outlook and you'll be annoyed. Until then, enjoy mindlessly grazing in the field.

Google prioritizes websites that pay extra to get prioritized. Its not a secret google prioritizes content.

Whoo you can always count on the right wingers to occasionally arrive at the right conclusion for the completely wrong reasons.

While companies can do what they want, when their behavior/actions turn into collusion then it actually could be violating laws. For example, if multiple airline companies collude to fix prices or when Kaepernick won a suit against the NFL for colluding to keep him out.

I dont beleive the federal govt should make collusion illegal. Free markets are better are correcting such behavior. And Kapernick, didnt win, he settled. The govts should be extremely light handed.

I dont beleive the federal govt should make collusion illegal. Free markets are better are correcting such behavior. And Kapernick, didnt win, he settled. The govts should be extremely light handed.
The reason why there are laws against it is that it is specifically NOT free market at that point, but a monopoly, and we have laws against that.

The reason why there are laws against it is that it is specifically NOT free market at that point, but a monopoly, and we have laws against that.

It still free market. IF all the airlines colluded and abused their customers, they would lose customers or cause people to use cars, like they do now. Free markets are efficient and dispose of bad ideas like collusion. Its proven many times. Google dominance is breeding competitors all on its own, no need for govt.

It's someone's right to call you an asshole, but if they did you'd be justified in being annoyed by it. The same is true here. I always find it interesting when the sheep defend being herded. It works out great until you reach the slaughterhouse. There will come a time when Google's societal manipulation no longer coincides with your personal outlook and you'll be annoyed. Until then, enjoy mindlessly grazing in the field.
So if I do a search for a used car, it would be better if the results showed me new houses so I wouldn't be a sheep?

Is there anything that doesn't scare folks on the right?

I assumed we were just making statements. Heres the summary from a biased source if you arent going to immediately dismiss it.

Ah, Project veritas. Such a wonderful source (to show you are totally out of touch with reality)\

View attachment 67367106

And they are perfectly in their right to do so. If you use google, then your search results will be tailored to what they want you to see, not the most relevant or popular results. And as usual they collaborate with other social media to ban phrases and people from all their platforms. If you like an echo chamber, use googletubebooktwits. Or use the right alternatives. Different echo chamber. This is what you get when you dont allow free speech.

Yup, I've noticed this a while ago. I use DuckDuck Go now. Get actually what I ask for...the good, the bad, the ugly.

newsrescue.com??? lol

Good one!
A quote from another one of that site's articles:

"Recent developments suggest that “Depopulation” is an integral part of the so-called Covid mandates including the lockdown policies and the mRNA “vaccine”."

These people are crazy. The thing is, there are some normal libertarians out there like P.J. O'Rourke. We have a handful of normal libertarians on here, but most libertarians are either ignorant or crazy. Think about it, these ****ers have spent the last 20 years googling some of the craziest conspiracies and most delusional worldviews imaginable - all crawled and indexed for them by Google, yet now they think that Google is censoring the crazy shit they want to find - yet they still find it, on Google.

View attachment 67367106

Google is a private corporation. Why do you want more government regulation of a private corporation?

And you're bitching at him because he does not want a "Search Engine" to manipulate/hide the availble information ?
(Because it does not support the Agenda) ...

And you're bitching at him because he does not want a "Search Engine" to manipulate/hide the availble information ?
(Because it does not support the Agenda) ...
The only agenda Google has is profits.

Back
Top Bottom