• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Censors Ideas

View attachment 67367106

And they are perfectly in their right to do so. If you use google, then your search results will be tailored to what they want you to see, not the most relevant or popular results. And as usual they collaborate with other social media to ban phrases and people from all their platforms. If you like an echo chamber, use googletubebooktwits. Or use the right alternatives. Different echo chamber. This is what you get when you dont allow free speech.

Lets see if this works

Lets see if this works

Well the OP was about them manipulating the sudden surge in searches. But now its settled down into their usual pattern of putting the MSM narrative first. Top three results:

One doctor is pushing controversial theory on how the public is being coerced into getting vaxxed​

Robert Malone Makes Unfounded Covid-19 Vaccine Claims On Joe Rogan Show​

So-called ‘Mass Formation Psychosis’ does not exist​

And heres the actual transcript entered into congressional record.

"This week, Google's YouTube CEO Susan Wojcicki told Bloomberg that free speech is a “core value” for Google."
Except when working with China on a censor-friendly search engine project.

View attachment 67367106

And they are perfectly in their right to do so. If you use google, then your search results will be tailored to what they want you to see, not the most relevant or popular results. And as usual they collaborate with other social media to ban phrases and people from all their platforms. If you like an echo chamber, use googletubebooktwits. Or use the right alternatives. Different echo chamber. This is what you get when you dont allow free speech.

ding ding ding

Another winner in the 'I think I know what free speech is but I am obviously wrong' event.

Well the OP was about them manipulating the sudden surge in searches. But now its settled down into their usual pattern of putting the MSM narrative first. Top three results:

One doctor is pushing controversial theory on how the public is being coerced into getting vaxxed​

Robert Malone Makes Unfounded Covid-19 Vaccine Claims On Joe Rogan Show​

So-called ‘Mass Formation Psychosis’ does not exist​

And heres the actual transcript entered into congressional record.

All is well then.

The laughable thing about this post is that you actually think this hasn't been addressed until recently....this was brought up a few years ago.

The thing is this: if you want to "shed light" on the idea that search engines and websites change things to tailor those searches....then you have to point at the whole of the internet, worldwide.

How many times has FOX buried a story by changing the search phrase to make it easier to find? How many times have we seen right wing mainstream media sites scrub their websites when one of their hosts says something stupid? Heck, on my brief time at Parler....talk about one-sided ad campaigns and searches (BTW, I was kicked off that not because I broke the rules of their TOS, but because I wasn't politically correct for them: I asked questions).

But again, like the post says, they have every right to do that. But if you don't like it, why stop with Google when you have the whole of the internet? Actually there is an answer to that question.

Because the poster wanted to change the questions to a particular phrase to control the conversation....just like Google and the rest of the internet does....

Some are living testimony for the above.
American society is what it is. And partisanshitheadism drives the dystopian madness. But so long as americans have someone else to blame, steady as she goes.

Back
Top Bottom