• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Google Censors Ideas

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
1641218960989.png

And they are perfectly in their right to do so. If you use google, then your search results will be tailored to what they want you to see, not the most relevant or popular results. And as usual they collaborate with other social media to ban phrases and people from all their platforms. If you like an echo chamber, use googletubebooktwits. Or use the right alternatives. Different echo chamber. This is what you get when you dont allow free speech.

View attachment 67367106

And they are perfectly in their right to do so. If you use google, then your search results will be tailored to what they want you to see, not the most relevant or popular results. And as usual they collaborate with other social media to ban phrases and people from all their platforms. If you like an echo chamber, use googletubebooktwits. Or use the right alternatives. Different echo chamber. This is what you get when you dont allow free speech.

You are bitching because google is doing what is perfectly within their right to do so? What's the problem, you don't like their rules?

You are bitching because google is doing what is perfectly within their right to do so? What's the problem, you don't like their rules?

I thought that was obvious. What they are doing is wrong, but unlike them, I respect their freedom. And they are contributing to the division in society by creating an echo chamber. It would be wrong of me to use force to correct their behavior, so instead its important to point out their behavior and convince others to stop enabling it.

Sorry, but he's right on this one. For the wrong reasons mind you, but you should be concerned about how the Google search engine operates.

The thing is it manipulates its results in a way that financially benefits the company. Not in a deliberate conspiracy against the right. Shocking behavior for a publicly traded company.
Google knowingly manipulates search results according to a research paper published Monday from several academics. The study presents evidence that the search giant sets out to hamper competitors and limit consumers’ options. (Source)
Core to the report’s claim is the concern, festering since Google began straying away from its original ten blue links in search, that the Mountain View behemoth favors its own results over others. Google has repeatedly denied this, arguing that its revamped search puts the most relevant results in front of searchers. (Source)
Among the tactics Google was accused of using were:

• Unfairly using third party content to benefit it’s own “inferior vertical offerings.”
  • Imposing penalties on competing verticals to benefit Google’s verticals.
  • Stuffing the search results with ads to push down organic results
  • Making it difficult for users to distinguish ads from organic results
  • Pushing down organic search results by using it’s own content. (Source)
Nearly 40 states filed a wide-ranging antitrust lawsuit against Google on Thursday, alleging the tech giant manipulates its search results to give its own products and services greater rankings over rivals — preventing Web users from seeing the best options when they search the Web for options in shopping, dining, travel and more. (Source)
But a new Wall Street Journal investigation found that Google manipulated search algorithms in some worrying ways, including prioritizing large businesses over smaller ones, removing autocomplete results that involve sensitive topics like immigration and abortion, and even outright blacklisting some websites. (Source)

Does google censor their results? I don’t know, but try getting a relevant search result for “Is it legal to wipe my ass with a check.”

Sorry, but he's right on this one. For the wrong reasons mind you, but you should be concerned about how the Google search engine operates.

The thing is it manipulates its results in a way that financially benefits the company. Not in a deliberate conspiracy against the right. Shocking behavior for a publicly traded company.

It can be both things, a conspiracy against the right and a perceived financial benefit. When they have sheep for customers, they can get away with it.

Ironically google was order by Canada to censor something, google refused and US backed them up.

Google argued censoring search results is an explicit violation of U.S. law barring censorship of the internet and runs contrary to the free-speech provisions of the First Amendment.

Google is right, censorship violates the idea of free speech, and the law that bans govt censorship. And they are hypocrits for doing it themselves.

It can be both things, a conspiracy against the right and a perceived financial benefit. When they have sheep for customers, they can get away with it.
They don't give a shit about politics further than it effects their bottom line.

View attachment 67367106

Robert Malone fan?

My man, that document is 120 pages long. Mind pointing me towards the relevant part of it? I'll read the whole thing later when I have time.

I assumed we were just making statements. Heres the summary from a biased source if you arent going to immediately dismiss it.

View attachment 67367106

Fweedumb isn't fwee.

I thought that was obvious. What they are doing is wrong, but unlike them, I respect their freedom. And they are contributing to the division in society by creating an echo chamber. It would be wrong of me to use force to correct their behavior, so instead its important to point out their behavior and convince others to stop enabling it.
See Edward L Bernays, you're a tad late to the party. I'm sure you can find algorithms more to your liking. Have you considered the filters by which you learned american history?

I assumed we were just making statements. Heres the summary from a biased source if you arent going to immediately dismiss it.

So, I read the source. Obviously as you predicted I don't like Project Veritas. However, they didn't even show any evidence of a conspiracy to block specifically conservative sources. I don't see how that article support your claim.

I agree google censors stuff. But I haven't seen any evidence that it's motivated by anything other than maximizing profit.

So, I read the source. Obviously as you predicted I don't like Project Veritas. However, they didn't even show any evidence of a conspiracy to block specifically conservative sources. I don't see how that article support your claim.

I agree google censors stuff. But I haven't seen any evidence that it's motivated by anything other than maximizing profit.
Everyone knows "conservatives" are always getting picked on and that things are so unfair to them.

Everyone knows "conservatives" are always getting picked on and that things are so unfair to them.
Yep. Cis straight White Christian men are truly the most persecuted minority. That's why they've been by virtually every president of our country.

Back
Top Bottom