• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goodyear Bans MAGA Hats

Barnacle

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
GJZQHF6F6BFP3N7XD7YWTJZROY.jpg

Goodyear responds to zero-tolerance policy slide labeled by employee as discriminatory

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

9:33 AM · Aug 19, 2020·Twitter for iPhone

Goodyear responds to zero-tolerance policy slide labeled by employee as discriminatory

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Don’t buy GOODYEAR TIRES - They announced a BAN ON MAGA HATS. Get better tires for far less! (This is what the Radical Left Democrats do. Two can play the same game, and we have to start playing it now!).

I'm unclear how the last bullet on the right conflicts with the left column. Seems like they are all political.

Oh, now we're doing boycotts? Thought y'all were against that when the Goya thing came out.

lol

Should AOC take a picture with a Goodyear tire and tweet it out?

lol

I mean, it's dumb. If they're going to allow BLM, they should allow MAGA. It is political expressions and I would say things like BLM are also political expressions. Either you allow them or you don't. But y'all flip flop your faux-rage so often I think y'all are making pancakes.

I'm unclear how the last bullet on the right conflicts with the left column. Seems like they are all political.

I love the “One Team” slogan. Very Bidenrsque.. “To prove I’m not a racist or a misogynist, only female women of color will be considered”.

Sometimes the jokes write themselves

The NAACP has held Goodyear hostage for decades with threats of boycotts to extort blacks being given disproportionately high hiring preference. This is not the least bit shocking.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Yep that is discrimination.
they should sue goodyear for creating a hostile work environment.

Oh, now we're doing boycotts? Thought y'all were against that when the Goya thing came out.

lol

lol

I mean, it's dumb. If they're going to allow BLM, they should allow MAGA. It is political expressions and I would say things like BLM are also political expressions. Either you allow them or you don't. But y'all flip flop your faux-rage so often I think y'all are making pancakes.

I leave the faux outrage to leftist.
Goya did nothing that discriminated against anyone.

Goodyear is.

Cool. Let's boycott any pro-Tweety business as a response. There are more of us.

lol
lol

And who did Goya discriminate against?!?

But thanks for pointing out the blatant discrimination. :lol:

This is one stupid ****ing business decision...lol

I don't see slogans and organizations supporting racial/sexual equality as political partisanship.

We all should be for racial/sexual equality and it's a sad day when one political party chooses to fight against this.

It is a sad state of affairs when one party's leadership claims there is no systemic racism in law enforcement or society for that matter when study after study points the other way.

The rabid right can whine and wave their arms about, for the rest of us it does make sense... :peace

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

I guess they got ... tired ... of them

Now a bunch of people will be ... rubber ... necking this incident

I leave the faux outrage to leftist.
Goya did nothing that discriminated against anyone.

Goodyear is.

Both sides love their faux-rage. The Goya thing was silly as well, but to have the President tweeting out boycotts is a lot different than some hoity-toity SJWs trying to make some boycott against Goya that will never work. The administration always seems to be on the wrong side of this, they aren't supposed to be endorsing products (as they did with Goya) or calling for boycotts against comapanies.

As I said with Goodyear here, I think this is dumb. Either you allow political expression in your workplace, or you do not. If BLM is OK, the MAGA should be OK too. If you don't want one, you shouldn't have any. But I don't think it's appropriate for Trump to be calling for boycotts and I find it funny that the right got so indignant at the left for wanting to boycott Goya (which, where did that go? Nowhere) but are OK with trying to boycott Goodyear here.

I don't see slogans and organizations supporting racial/sexual equality as political partisanship.

We all should be for racial/sexual equality and it's a sad day when one political party chooses to fight against this.

It is a sad state of affairs when one party's leadership claims there is no systemic racism in law enforcement or society for that matter when study after study points the other way.

The rabid right can whine and wave their arms about, for the rest of us it does make sense... :peace

Forced conformity is a characteristic of communism.

Both sides love their faux-rage. The Goya thing was silly as well, but to have the President tweeting out boycotts is a lot different than some hoity-toity SJWs trying to make some boycott against Goya that will never work. The administration always seems to be on the wrong side of this, they aren't supposed to be endorsing products (as they did with Goya) or calling for boycotts against comapanies.

As I said with Goodyear here, I think this is dumb. Either you allow political expression in your workplace, or you do not. If BLM is OK, the MAGA should be OK too. If you don't want one, you shouldn't have any. But I don't think it's appropriate for Trump to be calling for boycotts and I find it funny that the right got so indignant at the left for wanting to boycott Goya (which, where did that go? Nowhere) but are OK with trying to boycott Goodyear here.

I would agree, its better to simply ban political speech in the office since its unprofessional

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

“Goodyear is committed to fostering an inclusive and respectful workplace where all of our associates can do their best in a spirit of teamwork. As part of this commitment, we do allow our associates to express their support on racial injustice and other equity issues but ask that they refrain from workplace expressions, verbal or otherwise, in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party as well as other similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of equity issues.”

Melissa Monaco, The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company

Trumpers - a/k/a "The Perpetual Victims"

I would agree, its better to simply ban political speech in the office since its unprofessional

Religion and politics should be kept out of businesses unless the businesses are actually affiliated with political or religious goals. All businesses accomplish by pushing their own political or religious beliefs is to alienate people who disagree with those beliefs. It is bad for business.

And if you don't like company policies you are free to go find a job where you do, that is capitalism.

I love the “One Team” slogan. Very Bidenrsque.. “To prove I’m not a racist or a misogynist, only female women of color will be considered”.

Sometimes the jokes write themselves

Don't forget the (progressive) in the description for Biden's running mate. The black female had to be progressive. So, don't forget the hate of the right (and traditional left) in the decision of Harris as running mate.

Guess the 50's suburbia was a commie foothold in the USofA... :roll:

HOAs are commie, nativists demanding we all conform to their version of 'American' is commie.. :shock:

Amazing how the rabid right sees corporate capitalism as commie... it's Goodyear, Komrade, not some hippy commune... :peace

Trump and his ilk are the kings of cancel culture.

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

imo, Goodyear got this wrong. BLM is political statement just as MAGA is.

Companies can make whatever policies they want within the law. If I was one of their employees i would wear a All lives Matter hat/shirt and see if they write me up or fire me. It would be interesting to see them explain the policy in court.

Last edited:

Donald J. Trump
@realDonaldTrump

Is the slide real? I hesitate to have 100% confidence with images, short-video clips and political and legislative communications from social media platforms. We often see the thirty seconds of fame transitioning to a very different outcome.

Button up, collar shirts with slacks/khakis, no slogans. Done deal.

Back
Top Bottom