• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goodyear Bans MAGA Hats

Cool. Let's boycott any pro-Tweety business as a response. There are more of us.

They sre not protesting pro left, they sre protesting unequal treatment.

Trump: “Don’t buy US tires!”

Trump: “Buy Chinese hats!”

Goodyear is huge in Arizona. There is even a city called Goodyear, west of Phoenix.

I've been through there a few times back when I lived in Phoenix.

I've been through there a few times back when I lived in Phoenix.

The airport is pretty cool, Boeing converts MD-11's into cargo planes there. Other plane types get converted too, and it usually is the last stop for a plane before it goes to the boneyard in Victorville or Marana.

Well, quite honestly, with the fire that employee just through Goodyear Corporate into....they're gonna find out who it was and he is going to be fired.

Let me know when that happens.

It was stupid if Goodyear really did do that...but super stupid for a president that brags about job reports to call for a boycott of a private business that employs thousands of people...and during a pandemic no less.

Let me know when that happens.

It was stupid if Goodyear really did do that...but super stupid for a president that brags about job reports to call for a boycott of a private business that employs thousands of people...and during a pandemic no less.

I am in no way defending Trump, I'm not even sure if what he did was legal.

However, that dude just threw the corporation into a world of hurt and when Corporate gets thrown into a world of hurt, it tends to drag along those responsible.

The airport is pretty cool, Boeing converts MD-11's into cargo planes there. Other plane types get converted too, and it usually is the last stop for a plane before it goes to the boneyard in Victorville or Marana.

I used to really want to go visit the boneyard in Tuscon area. It has weird hours if I recall like normal work hours so you'd have to take a day off to go there instead of there being a weekend trip.

So its OK if Goodyear allows people to attack black and LGBT workers but it's not OK if Goodyears demands that black, minority and LGBT workers are treated equally and not have to work in a threatening atmosphere by their coworkers and management.

How are you threatened because others have equal rights and you cannot threaten or harass them?

strawman dismissed.

I used to really want to go visit the boneyard in Tuscon area. It has weird hours if I recall like normal work hours so you'd have to take a day off to go there instead of there being a weekend trip.

I visited it in the early 80's when friends went skydiving, it was all 707's and DC8's. Then it was strictly off limits for several years. Now, there are tours, but its on a weird schedule. Lots of 747's there now...

I am in no way defending Trump, I'm not even sure if what he did was legal.

However, that dude just threw the corporation into a world of hurt and when Corporate gets thrown into a world of hurt, it tends to drag along those responsible.

That's the sad side of boycotts. But now it seems that even the threat of a boycott is enough to get corporations to retract or comply to public demands.

In a just world, whoever wrote those stupid rules is the one that should get disciplined. Either everyone gets to wear their favorite political attire or they don't. But the former leads to nothing but trouble in the workplace, imo.

That's the sad side of boycotts. But now it seems that even the threat of a boycott is enough to get corporations to retract or comply to public demands.

In a just world, whoever wrote those stupid rules is the one that should get disciplined. Either everyone gets to wear their favorite political attire or they don't. But the former leads to nothing but trouble in the workplace, imo.

Fundamentally, I do agree. As I stated earlier, it should be an all or nothing. If you allow BLM then you need to allow MAGA.

The person responsible for the slides is likely to be disciplined as well, but if they find who leaked this to the net, my bet is that he'd be fired.

Both sides love their faux-rage. The Goya thing was silly as well, but to have the President tweeting out boycotts is a lot different than some hoity-toity SJWs trying to make some boycott against Goya that will never work. The administration always seems to be on the wrong side of this, they aren't supposed to be endorsing products (as they did with Goya) or calling for boycotts against comapanies.

As I said with Goodyear here, I think this is dumb. Either you allow political expression in your workplace, or you do not. If BLM is OK, the MAGA should be OK too. If you don't want one, you shouldn't have any. But I don't think it's appropriate for Trump to be calling for boycotts and I find it funny that the right got so indignant at the left for wanting to boycott Goya (which, where did that go? Nowhere) but are OK with trying to boycott Goodyear here.

Why do you lump BLM with MAGA? BLM was not created by a political party, it's clearly a cry for equality after years of abuse at the hands of white policemen/women. The other is a, 'me too' response by the Republican party including the president himself.

Federal agency: Supporting 'Black Lives Matter' isn't partisan or political

The angry white guys who claim black racism is a problem and claim that, "I'm a victim too" remind me of a conservative who would go to a cancer fundraiser and tell each and everyone, "THERE ARE OTHER DISEASES TOO"!

Or how about, looking up the obituaries, finding a funeral to attend and as they're lowering the casket you shout to the family of the deceased, "I HAVE FELT LOSS TOO"!...

Fundamentally, I do agree. As I stated earlier, it should be an all or nothing. If you allow BLM then you need to allow MAGA.

The person responsible for the slides is likely to be disciplined as well, but if they find who leaked this to the net, my bet is that he'd be fired.

But BLM is explicitly part of any political party.

MAG is the brand of the current administration

It should be whatever the company decides.

Then the market will sort it out.

Oh, now we're doing boycotts? Thought y'all were against that when the Goya thing came out.

lol

Should AOC take a picture with a Goodyear tire and tweet it out?

lol

I mean, it's dumb. If they're going to allow BLM, they should allow MAGA. It is political expressions and I would say things like BLM are also political expressions. Either you allow them or you don't. But y'all flip flop your faux-rage so often I think y'all are making pancakes.

I agree. If people want to walk around wearing an I'm stupid hat that's their choice. I appreciate the heads up.

It should be whatever the company decides.

Then the market will sort it out.

Start the ads right now in Ohio where Goodyear is based.

(And answer Trump’s latest ad lying about Big Pharma and Biden.)

Trump has now tweeted to his sheep to boycott Goodyear tires, pushing Ohio more towards Biden. :lol:

3,000 Goodyear employees in Ohio not to mention Goodyear loyalists due to their communities being wrapped around Goodyear plants.

What's the difference between a tire and 365 used condoms?

One's a Goodyear and the other is a great year.

What's the difference between a tire and 365 used condoms?

One's a Goodyear and the other is a great year.
Groan.

BCPs > condoms.

Start the ads right now in Ohio where Goodyear is based.

(And answer Trump’s latest ad lying about Big Pharma and Biden.)

No need to wait...

Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 2.45.19 PM.jpg

I had one of the new Goodyear blimps float over my house a few weeks ago. They sound like a twin-engined plane but then you understand that the sound isn't moving fast enough to be a plane and they are too low. It's not uncommon in the summertime when they are giving corporate tours or the blimps are going to broadcast sporting events.

The blimps are now kept at a hanger close to Wingfoot lake off of SR 224 east of Akron.

Where is the strawman that I created?

The post he quoted. You pulled the "So its OK if Goodyear allows people to attack black and LGBT workers..." right out of your ass. Hence, the strawman. Not too difficult.

Goodyear will survive any normal boycott from people choosing other brands for their car. Especially when someone buys another brand that is owned by Goodyear.

The company may feel a financial impact if the fans of motorsports push for a boycott of Goodyear tires at tracks.

The best policy is no offensive or politically charged clothing allowed at work to avoid any potential controversy.

Back
Top Bottom