• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goodyear Bans MAGA Hats

It's not discrimination because political beliefs are not a protected class.

Race, gender and sexuality are protected.

LGBT is a protected class in Akron.

They are creating a hostile work environment.
They are also discriminating.
Where only if you agree with them is it considered ok.

If you don't agree with them then you will be punished.

All lives matter that is not being racist.

If they allow someone to express that BLM which they are included in ALM.
So are religious beliefs you can't discriminate or punish people for their religious beliefs either.
Yet we see here a preference for other protected classes.

Good for akron.

We are not talking about akron.

What a stunning rebuttal....if stunning means intellectually weak and lazy.

not weak, lazy

i could play connect the dots on any subject, that is all you did

peace out and smarten up :peace

So are religious beliefs you can't discriminate or punish people for their religious beliefs either.

Good for akron.

Goodyear HQ is in Akron, so Akron does matter.

So trump is against cancel culture....

And he calls for boycotting Goodyear because of their buissness practices, in other words “canceling” Goodyear’s buissnes

not weak, lazy

i could play connect the dots on any subject, that is all you did

peace out and smarten up :peace

Yes, on a debate board I disagreed with something you had said and then gave an argument as to why I disagree with it.

Go figure.

lol

Goodyear HQ is in Akron, so Akron does matter.

no it doesn't. Federal law is clear and federal law trumps state law.
You are not allowed to create a hostile work environment or marginalize workers.

yet that is exactly what they have done.

no it doesn't. Federal law is clear and federal law trumps state law.
You are not allowed to create a hostile work environment or marginalize workers.

yet that is exactly what they have done.

So its OK if Goodyear allows people to attack black and LGBT workers but it's not OK if Goodyears demands that black, minority and LGBT workers are treated equally and not have to work in a threatening atmosphere by their coworkers and management.

How are you threatened because others have equal rights and you cannot threaten or harass them?

I guess they got ... tired ... of them

Now a bunch of people will be ... rubber ... necking this incident

71jlrpPDD9L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Someone is cleaning out their desk in Akron, this afternoon.....

Good for akron.

I guess you can go cry on your "My Pillow"?

Goodyear tweet

Yesterday, Goodyear became the focus of a conversation that created some misconceptions about our policies and our company. Goodyear has always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so.

Efy2RCNWoAMIJ1Q

I'm sure the OP has already slashed his Goodyear tires to 'own the libs'.

Oh, now we're doing boycotts? Thought y'all were against that when the Goya thing came out.

lol

Should AOC take a picture with a Goodyear tire and tweet it out?

lol

I mean, it's dumb. If they're going to allow BLM, they should allow MAGA. It is political expressions and I would say things like BLM are also political expressions. Either you allow them or you don't. But y'all flip flop your faux-rage so often I think y'all are making pancakes.

Conservatives are against boycotts, until they aren't...

A president telling Americans who, or who not to buy from, another first. I suppose he'll be Tweeting about which refried bean company you shouldn't buy from soon.

I know who I'm buying tires from next time...

Goodyear tweet

Efy2RCNWoAMIJ1Q

I bet Goodyear Corporate is fully pissed over this. No company wants to be thrown into that political Colosseum.

Goodyear tweet

Efy2RCNWoAMIJ1Q

Trump has now tweeted to his sheep to boycott Goodyear tires, pushing Ohio more towards Biden. :lol:

3,000 Goodyear employees in Ohio not to mention Goodyear loyalists due to their communities being wrapped around Goodyear plants.

Employee speaks out anonymously due to fear of losing job....anonymous employee loses job anyway due to boycott shutting down the entire plant.

Thank you, Trump.

Last edited:
I tend to agree with Goodyear that the image was not part of their training package. Diversity/sensitivity training class I attended when working were never that lopsided on the acceptable / unacceptable examples.

As far as Trump and his call for a boycott. He is out of his mind. I have questioned Trump's leadership in the past. I have always thought his tweets and rants are not what a President should be doing. Another Trump mistake.

Trump has now tweeted to his sheep to boycott Goodyear tires, pushing Ohio more towards Biden. :lol:

3,000 Goodyear employees in Ohio not to mention Goodyear loyalists due to their communities being wrapped around Goodyear plants.

Goodyear is huge in Arizona. There is even a city called Goodyear, west of Phoenix.

Employee speaks out anonymously due to fear of losing job....anonymous employee loses job anyway thanks to boycott shutting down the entire operation.

Well, quite honestly, with the fire that employee just through Goodyear Corporate into....they're gonna find out who it was and he is going to be fired.

Back
Top Bottom