• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Goodbye World

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
How does one mourn the death of the world? In pieces, because it is too much to bear in one big bite. Anyway, it is the way the world will die, in pieces. A piece here, and a piece there, and we won't realize what is happening until it is too late. Not many people know that, because of the folly of man, oxygen is being depleted from the oceans, and that the oceans are dying. Once they are gone, the rest of the world will follow within a hundred years, another piece at a time, until it is barren and devoid of life. In another million years or so, life will again form on this planet. Once dinosaurs ruled. Then did man. What will be next? I think cockroaches. Who knows? They might be the next species to land on the moon, say fifty or a hundred million years from now. One small step for a roach, a giant leap for insects. Then it will be their turn to destroy the planet.

OK, that's out of the way. Let's all put on a Justin Bieber CD and party, and not think about it. Let's just not think. We happen to be damn good at that.

Last edited:
Nice mad rant.

The world has had long periods of much warmer climate than now. Now is an ice age.

The world's oceans will not die due to lack of oxygen from the tiny warming we have had or might have.

Those that tell you that the world is dying are lying.

How does one mourn the death of the world? In pieces, because it is too much to bear in one big bite. Anyway, it is the way the world will die, in pieces. A piece here, and a piece there, and we won't realize what is happening until it is too late. Not many people know that, because of the folly of man, oxygen is being depleted from the oceans, and that the oceans are dying. Once they are gone, the rest of the world will follow within a hundred years, another piece at a time, until it is barren and devoid of life. In another million years or so, life will again form on this planet. Once dinosaurs ruled. Then did man. What will be next? I think cockroaches. Who knows? They might be the next species to land on the moon, say fifty or a hundred million years from now. One small step for a roach, a giant leap for insects. Then it will be their turn to destroy the planet.

OK, that's out of the way. Let's all put on a Justin Bieber CD and party, and not think about it. Let's just not think. We happen to be damn good at that.

A tin foil hat would be a good start

"The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost"

Dana and Treebeard.

:lol:

It is apropos really. That is how most people kill their health too; one enormous salty, fatty sugary ingestion at a time.

along with a massive case of denial

:shrug:

Good God, you enviro-loons are a sad lot. But as for cockroaches taking over, I think they will have a chance if they evolve without the DNA flaw that creates the liberal mind.

What was that doomsday thing I read yesterday about the oceans?

Ah, here it is.
Climate Change Is Driving Ocean Oxygen Levels Down, And That's a Big Problem For Marine Ecosystems | ThinkProgress

Scientists know that climate change is slowly robbing the oceans of their oxygen, but historically, it’s been hard to differentiate oxygen loss that’s due to natural ocean cycles and warming-driven loss. Now, a new study predicts that within the next 15 to 25 years, warming-caused oxygen loss will be detectable across the worlds’ oceans.

The study, published in Global Biogeochemical Cycles, used modelling to determine that, between 2030 and 2040, warming-caused oxygen loss will be severe enough — and data will be comprehensive enough — for scientists to see what parts of the ocean are being affected by human-caused deoxygenation.

Shed a tear for yourself. The earth will do just fine.

The usual problems apply to this government climate science work. We don't know if this is part of a natural change, a cycle perhaps, if it's something that has happened before, or not, because we've only just started to study these things. That and, of course, this announcement is probably ginned up and exaggerated. Few people pay any attention to what these guys say any more. It's just one hysterical pronouncement of doom after another, and we never do get any real doom.

The usual problems apply to this government climate science work. We don't know if this is part of a natural change, a cycle perhaps, if it's something that has happened before, or not, because we've only just started to study these things. That and, of course, this announcement is probably ginned up and exaggerated. Few people pay any attention to what these guys say any more. It's just one hysterical pronouncement of doom after another, and we never do get any real doom.

It's a giant worldwide scientific conspiracy!

Shed a tear for yourself. The earth will do just fine.
There is a new article in this months Scientific American, in the Monthly section called Skeptic.
The Title is Doomsday Catch, Why Malthus makes for bad Science Policy.

SA has been an ardent supporter of AGW, This is the first article I have seen that looks like a crack in the wall.
While they are not openly discussing the weaknesses in the case for catastrophic climate change,
they do discuss how the scientific doomsayer of the past were wrong.
It is interesting and worth reading.

Rumors of the earth's demise have been greatly exaggerated.

Good God, you enviro-loons are a sad lot. But as for cockroaches taking over, I think they will have a chance if they evolve without the DNA flaw that creates the liberal mind.

I think you mean the genes for compassion. Which are why we aren't just the baddest primates on the savannah. Like baboons, only smarter.

Cooperation made us what we are. If it was just size and strength it'd be large strong males, small weak females. Strong males in social animals kill anything they percieve as a threat to their dominion. "Smart" is threatening. Smart leads to weapons that would allow weaker males to kill stronger ones. Can't have that. Also leads to rabble rousing. Can't have that either.

We are the only species that teaches. That gives of themselves without expectation of reward for the effort. The only one.

If you think that had nothing to do with our development, you aren't thinking.

Offer a group of scientists a bunch of money to toe a certain politically inspired line and they will produce the desired work. Scientists are human like anyone else; they are corruptible. That scientists who toe the line are rewarded with money for their research and those who don't are cast out, their careers ruined, is plain to see. It's right out there in the open, undeniable.

I think you mean the genes for compassion. Which are why we aren't just the baddest primates on the savannah. Like baboons, only smarter.

Cooperation made us what we are. If it was just size and strength it'd be large strong males, small weak females. Strong males in social animals kill anything they percieve as a threat to their dominion. "Smart" is threatening. Smart leads to weapons that would allow weaker males to kill stronger ones. Can't have that. Also leads to rabble rousing. Can't have that either.

We are the only species that teaches. That gives of themselves without expectation of reward for the effort. The only one.

If you think that had nothing to do with our development, you aren't thinking.
I like this post and agree with this post, but disagree with the bolded part. Animals do teach each other and learn via observation. As we become smarter at measuring we are now able to see that in the species around us but it is a new approach and will have a slow rate of acceptance at this point. Once it is we will have to change everything about our food chain.

Pretty much summarizes the results of the study cited in TP's doomsday dog whistle.

There is a new article in this months Scientific American, in the Monthly section called Skeptic.

SA has been an ardent supporter of AGW, This is the first article I have seen that looks like a crack in the wall.
While they are not openly discussing the weaknesses in the case for catastrophic climate change,

I long ago cast Scientific American into the outer darkness as politically corrupted, especially after their reaction to the very reasonable and well founded critique written by Bjorn Lomborg. It's a shame, because I enjoyed the magazine a great deal when I was younger. But then back then I read it for the wrong reasons. I wanted to be entertained by science; I wanted to think of myself as being knowledgeable about science without doing the work to really understand it. It was science shorn of all the uncertainty and difficulty, science for the dilettante, science wrapped up in a nice pink bow.

Yes, and it has established a new group of true deniers. Those who reject the Scientific Method, as well as the influence of money, are the real deniers in this Global Social Justice scam.

SA is an 'ardent supporter of AGW' because they are a highly respected scientific publication.

And, because there is an overwhelming scientific consensus that AGW is real, and a looming problem.

That is all.

Yes, and it has established a new group of true deniers. Those who reject the Scientific Method, as well as the influence of money, are the real deniers in this Global Social Justice scam.

Plain lies Ocean... Plain lies.

AWG is real.

It is happening.

And regardless of the nonsense you guys continue to spew, it won't change that reality.

SA is an 'ardent supporter of AGW' because they are a highly respected scientific publication.

And, because there is an overwhelming scientific consensus that AGW is real, and a looming problem.

That is all.

Bowing to some authority, as usual. Some day it will be plain that these authorities have feet of clay, and I sense that day is getting closer. Read up on the crisis of reproducibility in science, for example. (In climate science the problem with reproducibility is right there on the surface for anyone to see.)

SA has been engaged in shameful agitprop. Even when not being propagandistic they gloss over the uncertainties and limits of science.

Read the WG1 section from the most recent IPCC report. The report itself, not the summary. With comprehension you'll find that they are saying something different from what the AGW advocates and IPCC bureaucrats say.

Last edited:
Bowing to some authority, as usual. Some day it will be plain that these authorities have feet of clay, and I sense that day is getting closer. Read up on the crisis of reproducibility in science, for example. (In climate science the problem with reproducibility is right there on the surface for anyone to see.)

SA has been engaged in shameful agitprop. Even when not being propagandistic they gloss over the uncertainties and limits of science.

Read the WG1 section from the most recent IPCC report. The report itself, not the summary. With comprehension you'll find that they are saying something different from what the AGW advocates and IPCC bureaucrats say.

Don't you understand these are all lies, plain lies?

We are not supposed to pay attention to these facts, but only to the end game solution. We are required to surrender to the regime behind AGW, and march in lock step to the Global Social Justice agenda that has been admitted to by the powers seeking global control.

And science, and the total rejection of the scientific method, is just a carrier for the agenda, so it's not really critical that it be free from influence, bribery, and outright threat.

Like I said, the scientific consensus is clear to the people who know science.

It's unclear to those who only know politics.

Back
Top Bottom