• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Good things Liberals have done.

Mixed View

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
They fought for African American rights when they were in slavery.
Jesus taught us about love and kindness and a reason for us to live.
They fought for women's rights to vote.

What have the liberals of today done to help America. They help the population by killing babies and promoting sin. Name one good thing the liberals of this age have done.

They speak in rational language.
They don't play the emotive card by using the word baby when they really mean foetus.
They don't believe in oudated, judgemental concepts like sin.
They don't have ridiculous names like satinloveballs.

They actually care about the environment.
They're correct when they call the death penalty "wrong and unusual punishment"
They protested 2 extremely stupid wars both which should have NOT been fought.
They actually listen to foreigners instead of stereotyping them.
They haven't had a screw up President like George W. Bush, one who doesn't have a grasp on the English Language shouldn't be America's President.
They haven't made a stupid thread like so

You're name is FREAKIN' Uretha! What the hell is wrong with you? That's pretty imature and you probably think it is funny.

Satinloveslibs,
Man you pissed off some liberals. It's pretty fun isn't it? But I kind of agree with Arch Enemy that this is not a good thread because of course the liberals think that they do everything good and we think that they have done....um....wait....there was that one time....no......ummm.....hell, they aren't doing anything good, they're just ruining america.

pwo said:
they're just ruining america.

We are ruining America? Sorry Charlie but we weren't the ones who invaded a country based on untrue facts with no post-war plans, we are not the sole reason why Americans are becoming more and more despised in the eyes of foreigners. We're not the ones who have turned their backs on the UN, Americas brain child.
We aren't the ones who used what money we could use to invade a foreign country. We are not the ones who PRESSURE other countries to turn their backs on traditions, customs and accept the American life-style of "democracy" I am very sorry to inform you that democracy is not for everybody. We aren't the ones who have turned our backs on the biggest terrorist in this era, just to fight some one-sided war, we are not the ones who are acting like Genocide in Sudan isn't happening. We are not the ones who wouldn't even think about negotiations with China, a new super power. Us Liberals aren't the people who think so highly of American society that cannot see the brainwashing of Religious view points which encourage violence against other cultures.

Arch Enemy said:
They actually care about the environment.
They're correct when they call the death penalty "wrong and unusual punishment"
They protested 2 extremely stupid wars both which should have NOT been fought.
They actually listen to foreigners instead of stereotyping them.
They haven't had a screw up President like George W. Bush, one who doesn't have a grasp on the English Language shouldn't be America's President.
They haven't made a stupid thread like so

What are the two wars you're referring to?

Liberals listen to foreigners while conservatives stereotype them? What specifically are you referring to?

I know, I hate it when people with dyslexia/other speech impediments think that they're humans like the rest of us. When will those bastards learn that they have no right interefering in our society?

Arch Enemy said:
We are ruining America? Sorry Charlie but we weren't the ones who invaded a country based on untrue facts with no post-war plans

You're right, you just authorized the president to do so, and made firey speechs supporting the war.

we are not the sole reason why Americans are becoming more and more despised in the eyes of foreigners.

I think you're being a little dramatic.

We're not the ones who have turned their backs on the UN, Americas brain child.

So? The UN is completely impotent. If you want to continue to rely on a completly corrupt and unfair organization where influence can be bought for oil, then go ahead. I don't.

We aren't the ones who used what money we could use to invade a foreign country.

What?

We are not the ones who PRESSURE other countries to turn their backs on traditions, customs and accept the American life-style of "democracy" I am very sorry to inform you that democracy is not for everybody.

That was one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. Democracy IS for everyone. Do you honestly thing that ANYONE would say it is better under a theology or a dictatorship, unless they were in the ruling class? Have you ever heard of the Democratic Peace Proposition? No democracy has EVER had a military conflict with another democracy. That in and of itself is enough reason to encourage the spread of democracy worldwide.

We aren't the ones who have turned our backs on the biggest terrorist in this era, just to fight some one-sided war,

So is the war a hopeless quagmire, or is it a one sided slaughter? You people on the left need to make up your minds.

We are not the ones who are acting like Genocide in Sudan isn't happening.

You're right. That was the UN. The liberals were responsible for acting like the genocide in Rwanda wasn't happening. I can understand how you'd mix them up.

Also: Could you please make up your mind? Do you want the US to play the role of world police or not? You can't complain when we do take action, and then condemn us for staying out of other matters.

We are not the ones who wouldn't even think about negotiations with China, a new super power.

What the hell are you talking about? When did the republicans say they weren't going to think about negotiations with China? Also, you're right: it was LIBERALS who were responsible for granting China MFN status, thus increasing the trade defecit and weakening the US economy.

Us Liberals aren't the people who think so highly of American society that cannot see the brainwashing of Religious view points which encourage violence against other cultures.

Yes, you're the ones who have their heads so far up their asses that you can't admit that America just might not be the hellhole you make it out to be.

Sorry, I meant to say "trying" to ruin our country. Thank god that more and more republicans are getting elected. Hears why:
Republicans:
Don't settle for dictatorships because "democracy isn't for everyone." By the way who doesn't deserve democracy? Is it people who are dyslexic?

Don't act like there is nothing wrong with Social Security. Hey, even I don't agree with every part of Bush's plan but at least he is trying to do something.

Don't give in to European nations, we do what we believe is best. Decisions to go to war go by congress not other countries.

Do respect life. Not using a letting the mom use a lame excuse that the baby isn't life until in comes out. And not letting a woman starve to death.

Do respect families

Do believe the american dream. People who work hard should get to enjoy there money. Not put half of it into taxes for welfare.

Do believe in a strong military. Come on, we got the best military in the world because republicans allow spending to go towards it.

Don't believe in letting activist judges, try to impose what they believe on us.

We aren't easy on criminals

We are the ones that stand up for what we really believe in, we are the unselfish ones. Yes liberals are selfish: reason for not liberating Iraq, it costs too much money. You guys just turn your backs on people like, the people being oppresed by a dictator, young adults who want some money when they retire, america's intertest over the UN (why do you want to obey the UN, because you personally don't want to be looked bad upon), the unborn babies rights (yeah just allow a baby to die because the parents don't want to take care of it; it doesn't get any more selfish than that), and respectable families that to work hard and keep what they earn; just because you guys are jelous of people who have anything.

You guys are the most hateful people around: you hate the hard working rich, people who want to be free, america's intrests over the UN's, unborn babies, traditional families, the military, capitolism, democracy, religion, and the american way of life. I know I got carried away but if you want to point fingers then look in the mirror.

i would suggest that this is moved to the basement because it is only going to create a mini-war...just a suggestion...ill respond once it is there, because I would plan to say a lot of...stuff...

pwo said:
You're name is FREAKIN' Uretha! What the hell is wrong with you? That's pretty imature and you probably think it is funny.

I suppose your parents named you pwo? And that's like a really sensible, mature name too.

Urethra Franklin said:
I suppose your parents named you pwo? And that's like a really sensible, mature name too.

Let's make fun of names some more.

It's really, really cool.

satinloveslibs said:
They fought for African American rights when they were in slavery.
Jesus taught us about love and kindness and a reason for us to live.
They fought for women's rights to vote.

What have the liberals of today done to help America. They help the population by killing babies and promoting sin. Name one good thing the liberals of this age have done.

You need a good dictionary.
Look it up.
Which of the signers of the Declaration of Independence was not liberal?

There are two ways of using the word. One is its English Language meaning and the other which has been used by right-wing wordsmiths to categorically dismiss ideas or a point of view based upon the associations of persons given that label.

Yeah I know, alot of my stuff is cliche liberal theories... but this thread has NO value what so ever, it is just begging for a nice little place in the basement area...

NYU do you think the people of China want a democracy? ask Fried Rice, I don't think he does at this point in time. Democracy gives people rights but it also takes alot of freedoms away.. we don't directly vote for President, our government and owned and ran by the people meaning it will do ANYTHING in the wishes of the people.. this isn't so good.. sometimes people jump on the bandwagon with strong leaders and the masses make the decisions.

Am I two-faced? I defiantly agree that I am.. I am still considered Independent because I am the only Liberal-thinking person in my family.. it is hard for me to start being 100% Liberal because I agree that Abortion is murder.
The only reason I have picked to be labeled as Liberal is because of the Iraqi war. If we say that we aren't the occupying forces, that the Iraqis make the decisions in their country.. why haven't we left? They obviously don't want us there, the Country will be in turmoil for years to come.. shortly after we leave there will be a civil war between the newly elected Shiite leader and his rival whom he fought in his own form of civil war years ago.

I'll guarantee that the terrorist attacks on the citizens and troops will cease once we leave..

As I said.. this thread is down-right pointless.

Arch Enemy said:
Yeah I know, alot of my stuff is cliche liberal theories... but this thread has NO value what so ever, it is just begging for a nice little place in the basement area...

NYU do you think the people of China want a democracy? ask Fried Rice, I don't think he does at this point in time. Democracy gives people rights but it also takes alot of freedoms away.. we don't directly vote for President, our government and owned and ran by the people meaning it will do ANYTHING in the wishes of the people.. this isn't so good.. sometimes people jump on the bandwagon with strong leaders and the masses make the decisions.

Am I two-faced? I defiantly agree that I am.. I am still considered Independent because I am the only Liberal-thinking person in my family.. it is hard for me to start being 100% Liberal because I agree that Abortion is murder.
The only reason I have picked to be labeled as Liberal is because of the Iraqi war. If we say that we aren't the occupying forces, that the Iraqis make the decisions in their country.. why haven't we left? They obviously don't want us there, the Country will be in turmoil for years to come.. shortly after we leave there will be a civil war between the newly elected Shiite leader and his rival whom he fought in his own form of civil war years ago.

I'll guarantee that the terrorist attacks on the citizens and troops will cease once we leave..

As I said.. this thread is down-right pointless.

It's pointless? Then go to the other side of the playground and debate other things and quit wasting your time here! I made this thread just for fun. I didn't know how funny it was really going to be. I'm sitting at a computer laughing hysterically. pwo, RightatNYU, you people rock and make actuall sense to me. Thank you.

pwo are my initials idiot. You are immature." Ha ha ha, I said Urethra that's really hilarious. And satin loves balls, ha ha no way you said balls that is soooo damn funny, because it means testicles." How freakin' old are you like 10. And you whine like a baby too. Always talking bad about america, I bet your friends (if you have any) also get tired of hearing about it. What has america personally done to harm you. Not a damn thing. But you spend hours a week typing about us. Ask anyone here how much time they spend talking about issues in Italy and see what they say. Probably zero. Is this how you spend your life being jelous and bitter of other people because that is not a good way to live. I'm sick of europeans spending thier time hatin' on the US. That is all the whole world talks about, us. If you would spend your time worrying about the EU, you guys wouldn't be second rate to the US, China, Japan, etc. Gosh! If you got a issue, then I'll go get you a damn tissue. 'Till then take some time to think about how the world can be improved, instead of being soooo Bitter! :doh

That felt good, let's move this to the basement if little Frankie has anything to say.

Arch Enemy is flip flopping like John Kerry. "We should leave Iraq, but we can't leave because there will be a civil war." ummm....okay.

Yeah this is pretty pointless but freakin hilarious.

pwo said:
pwo are my initials idiot. You are immature." Ha ha ha, I said Urethra that's really hilarious. And satin loves balls, ha ha no way you said balls that is soooo damn funny, because it means testicles." How freakin' old are you like 10. And you whine like a baby too. Always talking bad about america, I bet your friends (if you have any) also get tired of hearing about it. What has america personally done to harm you. Not a damn thing. But you spend hours a week typing about us. Ask anyone here how much time they spend talking about issues in Italy and see what they say. Probably zero. Is this how you spend your life being jelous and bitter of other people because that is not a good way to live. I'm sick of europeans spending thier time hatin' on the US. That is all the whole world talks about, us. If you would spend your time worrying about the EU, you guys wouldn't be second rate to the US, China, Japan, etc. Gosh! If you got a issue, then I'll go get you a damn tissue. 'Till then take some time to think about how the world can be improved, instead of being soooo Bitter! :doh

That felt good, let's move this to the basement if little Frankie has anything to say.

AMEN! That the first thing I was wondering when I entered this site. THERE ARE FREAKIN EUROPEANS DEBATING AMERICAN ISSUES. Sounds like a lot of wasted time to me.

Hey, satinloveslibs, we think exactly alike. You must be my twin brother from a different mother. :cool:

I respect most people here except for a few and UF is one of them. He never has any constructive critisism, just complaining. I try to listen to everyone's opinion and think about it. But he isn't worth my time.

God loves him/her , but gee go complain about your own country. Unless UF think her/his country is perfect. All I've gotten on this site is critisism. I needed this hysterical thread.

I personally don't back up UF at all I find that he is too rude for my likings.. crush him as much as you want.

Yeah I never said this was funny.. I just don't see the point of these.. I know a good laugh is always good but I always find a good laugh by looking a George Dubya Bush quotes.

Kerry was an anus hole as well.. I didn't like him...

But I am not flip-flopping.. I think of a civil war as happening regardless of what people do in Iraq.. IT WILL happen and YES we want the course of the Civil War to happen without our support for either side. The middle-Easterners need a strong government.. that's the only way they can survive in these places.. against terrorism.

You guys act like I am not supporting the fact that Iraq needed a change.. I felt there were more choices than War.. if George Bush had exhausted all of his choices then I would have been supportive of the war. Diplomacy is greater than War.

I hope his new ideals aren't just fronts.. the whole saying that Iran conflict will only be won with diplomacy is defiantly correct. In war, people die and everyone is affected... nobody wins.

Arch Enemy said:
NYU do you think the people of China want a democracy? ask Fried Rice, I don't think he does at this point in time.

You can't derive the thougts of 1,100,000,000 people from one opinion. Also: I bet if you lived in a country where your government starved 40 million of you, controlled where you work, everything you see, everything you think, the size of your family, where you could go, and what you could believe, I'm pretty damn sure they can convince you that you don't want something, such as democracy. Doesn't mean its right. It's also impossible to accurately poll China, so we'll never know.

They obviously don't want us there, the Country will be in turmoil for years to come.. shortly after we leave there will be a civil war between the newly elected Shiite leader and his rival whom he fought in his own form of civil war years ago.

Those two statements contradict each other.

Couple things:

Urethra is a woman.

I don't really have a problem with Europeans debating US politics, I think it offers a different perspective on things, and helps to understand both our and their biases.

That being said, I too find that most of her comments are broad generalizations or ad hominem attacks, and I have little use for either.

Diplomacy is NOT greater than war when the "diplomats" who are supposed to be handling the situation (UN Security Council) are being bribed by one of the parties.

Bush is right that Iran will only be won with diplomacy, because Iran and Iraq had veeeery different situations. Saddam was an individual who was hated and had a tyranny of the minority. He used public funds to support his actions while paying lip service to his faith.

The Iranian government is in the majority, and however misguided and horrible their beliefs may be, they aren't simply using them to gain control. They actually believe them, necessitating a different reaction toward their situation. Recent reports of student uprisings making it through the censors are heartening.

RightatNYU said:
Couple things:
That being said, I too find that most of her comments are broad generalizations or ad hominem attacks, and I have little use for either.
however broad, they sometimes hit the mark.

i just can't wait for the world to laugh at us when condi goes to the un and tries to make the case for war against iran...the world and america won't believe. a lot in america (including myself) didn't believe it this time. Oh, and RANYU (i like that Ranyu...sounds cool), you just proved a point by saying that the news reports got through-they are being repressed, no matter the majority/minority support.

And i am interested in that support, could you gimme a link so i could read up and be informed, cause i looked on google and couldn't find one. thanks

Last edited:
ShamMol said:
however broad, they sometimes hit the mark.

Well, I could make broad generalizations about liberals all the live long day, and they would hit the mark, but it doesn't mean I've contributed anything.

i just can't wait for the world to laugh at us when condi goes to the un and tries to make the case for war against iran...the world and america won't believe. a lot in america (including myself) didn't believe it this time.

If that happens, I'll look at the evidence. I don't see condi making that case.

Oh, and RANYU (i like that Ranyu...sounds cool), you just proved a point by saying that the news reports got through-they are being repressed, no matter the majority/minority support.

I dont understand what you're saying here. What point are you saying that I proved? That some people make it around the censors in Iran?

And i am interested in that support, could you gimme a link so i could read up and be informed, cause i looked on google and couldn't find one. thanks

What support are you referring to? The Iran student protests?

Here's the first two links that came up for me:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/12/world/main558295.shtml
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1380655/posts

Or are you referring to something else?

What support are you referring to? The Iran student protests?

Here's the first two links that came up for me:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/06/12/world/main558295.shtml
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1380655/posts

Or are you referring to something else?
ill respond to the other stuff when i am not studying for aps, but i was referring to popular support for the government that you mentioned...i had actually read about the protests. "The Iranian government is in the majority"

Back
Top Bottom