• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Good things Liberals have done.

Well, lets start with meals on wheels, community action agencies, urban develpment, national endowement for the arts and humanities, green thumb for seniors, national parks and trails, WIC, headstart, breakfast and lunch programs for poor children,truth in labeling, clean air and water act(EPA),childrens safety act,Fannie Mae,truth in lending,40 hour work week, overtime, workmans comp.,funding for health care education and research(responsible for thousands of medical break throughs), PBS and NPR, legal aide,job corps, community health centers,Public safety commision, Wow Im out of room! Where are those good ole boys? They were not into trickle down economics. They were into "Give a man a tomato, and he has one tomato, teach him how to garden, and he has an abundance."

Hey, let's not rope NPR and PBS into liberalness-they are some of the only ones who just report the facts. They truley are the "teach a man to fish" party by helping out those who need help, no matter how they looked or smelled.

Who said the ole time democrates were liberal, they just got stuck with that label by tight @%$# stiff neck,self centered conservatives. Hey, by the way NPR and PBS were all from the Democrates. Everything that helps "the every day Joe" was birthed by the hand of a so called "Liberal". Someone needs to revive the name.

apathetic fools said:
Who said the ole time democrates were liberal, they just got stuck with that label by tight @%$# stiff neck,self centered conservatives. Hey, by the way NPR and PBS were all from the Democrates. Everything that helps "the every day Joe" was birthed by the hand of a so called "Liberal". Someone needs to revive the name.
Just because something is started by Democrats makes it liberal? Exactly my point.

Just because NPR and PBS were started by the Dems does not make it liberal or even liberal-leaning.

Point well taken! I did not mean to insult these great presidents who put forth these wonderful programs. These were men with old time values. The word "liberal" is a dirty word . It is unfortunate that the democratic party is stuck with it. I am not a liberal ! I am not a conservative. I am a progressive conservative, and so were they. :rwbdonkey

Why is liberal a dirty word? Why does it have to be? It is merely a way to describe a person's political stance. Other countries have it as the norm, here we revile it? Why? Are we so bad? No-we stand for legality, for helping all those, no matter who they are, for reason and justice, for peace, the list goes on.

ShamMol said:
Originally Posted by Fantasea
No such thing. The response was directed at another's post. However, if you believe that the shoe fits, I can't prevent you from wearing it.

Once more, specifically, what is it that you believe should have been provided, that you did not receive? By whom should it have been provided?
"I marvel at the gall of those who blame God for every misfortune."

The point I am making is religion doesn't give me anything. It doesn't give me a base of support, it doesn't give me hope, it doesn't give me anything and I do is contribute and get nothing in return. Now, you will say that is how it works, but I don't see it as such. God is not in this world and left it a long time ago. I will not answer any more attacks on my religious beliefs.
If you think I am attacking your religious beliefs, then there has been a misunderstanding. I had no intention of doing that.

Remember, you picked that quote out of a post directed to someone else.

From your responses, I still have no idea of what it is that you believe should have been provided and by whom it should have been provided.

You Bickering Fools!

I see nothing here but the worst of both sides. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for this childish argument. We are a a nation of acceptance. Put down your desire to win a pointless argument and light a fire of desire to find some middle ground. If half of the energy directed at this argument were put to the use of unity you could all make a real difference in our Cause (America). You are all insulting to your origional parties.

Look upon each other with admiration at our nations diversity rather than looking down through the eyes of pride and egotism. I will not burdon this string again with my ideas if they are not welcome, but if only one or two people open their eyes long enough to see the fruitlessness of this debate I encourage you to leave this conversation and to use your talents for some of the other debates which encourage true Thinking. To the rest of you, stay here and marvel at your own "insightfulness".

There are plenty of wars to be fought, let us not fight against each other too.

The Voice

Last edited:
Voice of Reason said:
You Bickering Fools!

I see nothing here but the worst of both sides. You should all be ashamed of yourselves for this childish argument. We are a a nation of acceptance. Put down your desire to win a pointless argument and light a fire of desire to find some middle ground. If half of the energy directed at this argument were put to the use of unity you could all make a real difference in our Cause (America). You are all insulting to your origional parties.

Look upon each other with admiration at our nations diversity rather than looking down through the eyes of pride and egotism. I will not burdon this string again with my ideas if they are not welcome, but if only one or two people open their eyes long enough to see the fruitlessness of this debate I encourage you to leave this conversation and to use your talents for some of the other debates which encourage true Thinking. To the rest of you, stay here and marvel at your own "insightfulness".

There are plenty of wars to be fought, let us not fight against each other too.

The Voice

hahahahahahhaahahahha

Voice of Reason said:
Look upon each other with admiration at our nations diversity rather than looking down through the eyes of pride and egotism.
You may have noticed that the greatest growth and public benefit occurred while the US was known as "The Melting Pot of the World".

People came here because they wanted to become an American. They retained their individual heritages and customs within their families but in all other respects they assimilated into and contributed to the grand American culture.

It is the Social-Liberal-Democrat effort to win more and more converts through their divide and conquer tactics that has resulted in the mess over which we squabble.

Resisted in-breeding!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom