• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Good things Liberals have done.

The sad thing is, whatever the US does the world is affected by the action. That is why I think international people have the right to debate on a US politics website. Especially these days, were we are reaching a very dangerous milestone in Western History - The War on Terror, the unwinnable war.
I thought maybe the US might slide into christain fundalmentalism, however since the death of Terri - maybe the US is more liberal that it realises.

I heard someone say Europe is third rate to the US, China and Japan. Confusing since Europe has a higher GDP than the United States and a bigger population. And Europe is alot more important than Europe-haters tend to admit, you forget about Bush's trip to have dinner with Chirac lol, to heal the damage of the alliances.

Europe is very very revelent.

pwo said:
pwo are my initials idiot. You are immature." Ha ha ha, I said Urethra that's really hilarious. And satin loves balls, ha ha no way you said balls that is soooo damn funny, because it means testicles." How freakin' old are you like 10. And you whine like a baby too. Always talking bad about america, I bet your friends (if you have any) also get tired of hearing about it. What has america personally done to harm you. Not a damn thing. But you spend hours a week typing about us. Ask anyone here how much time they spend talking about issues in Italy and see what they say. Probably zero. Is this how you spend your life being jelous and bitter of other people because that is not a good way to live. I'm sick of europeans spending thier time hatin' on the US. That is all the whole world talks about, us. If you would spend your time worrying about the EU, you guys wouldn't be second rate to the US, China, Japan, etc. Gosh! If you got a issue, then I'll go get you a damn tissue. 'Till then take some time to think about how the world can be improved, instead of being soooo Bitter! :doh

That felt good, let's move this to the basement if little Frankie has anything to say.

A rabid rant from the man who started picking on other's screen names in the first place. You obviously aren't man enough to take it so you shouldn't dish it out in the first place. Moron.

RightatNYU said:
Let's make fun of names some more.

It's really, really cool.

I guess you do a lot of that in the school yard in between state indoctrination and potty training.

Urethra Franklin said:
I guess you do a lot of that in the school yard in between state indoctrination and potty training.

Again, another school joke... Pathetic.

So GarzaUK do you think your country is perfect and no one is affected by it?

So GarzaUK do you think that your country is not important and does not affect the world in any way?

Urethra Franklin said:
:2wave:

Is that the best you can do? Barely worth it was it?
Cut the ****ing crap and just debate, god damn, its not hard.

Urethra Franklin said:

Obviously my maturity is on a higher level than yours, I come to these forums to "Debate Politics" hence the name, if you want to crack jokes and make fun of people then go find a chat room.

ShamMol said:
ill respond to the other stuff when i am not studying for aps, but i was referring to popular support for the government that you mentioned...i had actually read about the protests. "The Iranian government is in the majority"

Good luck on the ap's...which ones have you got coming up?

Urethra Franklin said:

Your debating style and strategy astound me. It's a shame you weren't alive in the 1860's, or you could have given Lincoln and Douglas a run for their money...

RightatNYU said:
Good luck on the ap's...which ones have you got coming up?
AP Spanish Language, AP European History, AP Government, AP Music Theory (the funnest class, the hardest test). Thanks man.

Ironic that these two posts were made in the basement, lol

pwo said:
Sorry, I meant to say "trying" to ruin our country. Thank god that more and more republicans are getting elected. Hears why:
Republicans:
Don't settle for dictatorships because "democracy isn't for everyone." By the way who doesn't deserve democracy? Is it people who are dyslexic?
Please enlighten us? For example, what is Bush doing in Sudan to protect genocide? He flies thru the night to keep a feeding tube inside a woman who died 15 years ago but he completely ignores 350,000 murders since he became President
pwo said:
Don't act like there is nothing wrong with Social Security. Hey, even I don't agree with every part of Bush's plan but at least he is trying to do something.
Right....the propoganda mill has worked overtime on this one yet at least 2/3 of all Americans disagree with Bush and you. Not to mention that Bush has spent all this time on this issue while important CURRENT problems like our falling further and further behind in technology doesn't get promoted or even discussed by anyone in the Republican party.
pwo said:
Don't give in to European nations, we do what we believe is best. Decisions to go to war go by congress not other countries.
Sure, that's why the Euro is strong and the Dollar is weak.
pwo said:
Do respect life. Not using a letting the mom use a lame excuse that the baby isn't life until in comes out. And not letting a woman starve to death.
Apparrently you have no respect for our legal system? Abortion is legal, has been tested in the courts repeatedly, and always stands the test. Not to mention that a strong majority of Americans are PRO-CHOICE.

Terry Schiavo? She died in 1991. At least 17 court tests were made to try to change the ruling. The main court ruling "against" her was the Appelate Court in Atlanta, a court that is manned by predominantly Republican judges appointed by Republican Presidents. How do yo explain that?
pwo said:
Do respect families
STUPID comment, sorry. Respect for family has zero to do with political persuasion. You sound like a Republican parrot instead of a free thinking person.
pwo said:
Do believe the american dream. People who work hard should get to enjoy there money. Not put half of it into taxes for welfare.
That must be why our economy is in the tank then?
Have you read the papers? Check out the NYSE? Unemployment? Leading economic indicators? Who do you think is directly responsible for the price of oil? What is Bush doing to find ALTERNATIVE sources of energy? I know! NOTHING!
pwo said:
Do believe in a strong military. Come on, we got the best military in the world because republicans allow spending to go towards it.
Sorry, another absurd comment. What has our strong military done for us, exactly? Wait, I know! We totally beat up on the Iraqi Army, and we sure know what a threat to the American way they were. Question? If our military is so great how come montly enlistments goals are never met despite very generous financial bonuses being offered? Please explain?
pwo said:
Don't believe in letting activist judges, try to impose what they believe on us.
This is a very ANTI-AMERICAN statement. Sounds more like someone who prefers a dictatorship? Our Constitution clearly separates the judicial from the other branches of government precisely so comments like yours are not easily influencing their decisions. You know, because you don't like a judicial decision does not make it wrong, it just means that you disagree. That's how it works. Sure comes across as sour grapes when whining Republicans don't get their way, you know?
pwo said:
We aren't easy on criminals
Please prove to us all how Democrats are "easy on criminals"?
pwo said:
We are the ones that stand up for what we really believe in, we are the unselfish ones. Yes liberals are selfish: reason for not liberating Iraq, it costs too much money.
You're full of it, do you know that? On one side of your mouth you call Liberals "Bleeding Heart Liverals," on the otherside you pretend that Republicans are righteous! WHAT A JOKE! Liberating Iraq? Dude, you have amnesia! We went to Iraq because they had nuclear & chemical weapons and were about to attack us, remember? We didn't go there to liberate anyone! Amnesia!
pwo said:
You guys just turn your backs on people like, the people being oppresed by a dictator,
Tell me about Sudan, please? Syria? Iran? North Korea? Are you for attacking all of these countries too to liberate the millions and millions of people being oppressed at this very moment? Are you prepared to back up your bluster or are you just spewing crap?
pwo said:
young adults who want some money when they retire,
Great, then start an IRA today and you'll be in great shape. Social Security is not meant to be an investment, it is a govt. entitlement program.
pwo said:
america's intertest over the UN (why do you want to obey the UN, because you personally don't want to be looked bad upon),
Right again. Hitler would have been against the UN too. After all, why should we have any respect for the world community? What does the world know? We're the USA, we know better, we're smarter, right? :rofl
pwo said:
the unborn babies rights (yeah just allow a baby to die because the parents don't want to take care of it; it doesn't get any more selfish than that),
UNBORN being the key word. BORN people do have more rights than UNBORN fetus. Don't like it? Why don't you pass an amendment to the Constitution?
and respectable families that to work hard and keep what they earn; just because you guys are jelous of people who have anything.
Prove it or be quiet! You're making assinine comments that have no fact base at all. Define respectable, please? I am very curious to find out what you and Republicans consider to be respectable?
pwo said:
You guys are the most hateful people around: you hate the hard working rich, people who want to be free, america's intrests over the UN's, unborn babies, traditional families, the military, capitolism, democracy, religion, and the american way of life. I know I got carried away but if you want to point fingers then look in the mirror.
Either prove each one of your accusations or stop making them. Come on now, you just called anyone who disagrees with you a traitor. PROVE IT or stop saying it. Show me how I hate capitalism? Freedom? Religion.

OH, please tell me exactly what is, in your opinion, the "AMERICAN WAY OF LIFE." I want to know how you define it, exactly.

Please do not make unsubstantiated blusterings. Prove every comment you've made. Your post was extremely hateful and prejudiced, so put up or shut up, you know?

pwo said:
You guys are the most hateful people around

Really? Instead of one life taken do we want two lives taken? Instead of diplomacy do we want to sort things out with the country before invading? Yes I know that Saddam was a dictator but it's proven that dictators can be persuaded without violence. What would have been easier for the Iraqi Citizens and the American Soldiers?

ShamMol said:
AP Spanish Language, AP European History, AP Government, AP Music Theory (the funnest class, the hardest test). Thanks man.

Ironic that these two posts were made in the basement, lol

Euro and gov were pretty easy, Spanish class at my school was kind of a joke, because out of the 15 kids in the AP class, the highest grade would be a 3, and most kids would gets 2's or 1's. Horrible teachers. Music theory is an awesome class, but I was never good enough at it to try the AP.

Good luck in all of it!

Urethra Franklin said:
They speak in rational language.
They don't play the emotive card by using the word baby when they really mean foetus.
They don't believe in oudated, judgemental concepts like sin.
They don't have ridiculous names like satinloveballs.

Do you actually believe this stuff you wrote? Tell me something what is rational about being hardcore against the war in Iraq verses not standing like such on the issue of drunk driving which kills more Innocent lives in one year then all the soldiers and civilians that have died in the war total? you should study science sometime better than what you have. I think then you we see that a fetus is a living human being. For definite conformation on this read the Bible, particularly the book of Jeremiah. Sin is NOT an out dated judgmental concept it a a truth that you are going to have to deal with one way or another; and ignoring it or denying that it exists won't help you and won't work. You are clearly under the assumption that evolution is real and therefore you are not responsible for your actions. This is a lie. You are responsible. As for evolution it is not only bad science but it is a dangerous religion to get into. Check your facts please.

Jesus loves you and he is Lord! :smile:

4theLamb said:
You are clearly under the assumption that evolution is real and therefore you are not responsible for your actions. This is a lie. You are responsible. As for evolution it is not only bad science but it is a dangerous religion to get into. Check your facts please.

Jesus loves you and he is Lord! :smile:
I'm Jewish, he's not the Lord in my opinion, sorry. Is it possible that Jesus is your God, but not other's and that other people's God is just as real and creditable? Hmm? Food for thought!

Evolution is bad science and the Bible is real science? Please, please use SCIENCE to prove your brash statements?

I believe in Evolution, completely. Am I a heretic?
:2bow:

26 X World Champs said:
Please enlighten us? For example, what is Bush doing in Sudan to protect genocide? He flies thru the night to keep a feeding tube inside a woman who died 15 years ago but he completely ignores 350,000 murders since he became President

As opposed to Clinton who ignored 800,000 in Rwanda. If Bush had invervened, you'd have been the first to accuse him of letting our troops die for "imperialism" and playing world policeman.

Sure, that's why the Euro is strong and the Dollar is weak.

Because we went to war? That's not a logical conclusion. The reason for the strength of the dollar is far deeper than that.

Apparrently you have no respect for our legal system? Abortion is legal, has been tested in the courts repeatedly, and always stands the test. Not to mention that a strong majority of Americans are PRO-CHOICE.

Because he disagrees, he has no respect for the legal system? I bet you disagree with many laws, does that mean you have no respect?

That must be why our economy is in the tank then?
Have you read the papers? Check out the NYSE? Unemployment? Leading economic indicators? Who do you think is directly responsible for the price of oil? What is Bush doing to find ALTERNATIVE sources of energy? I know! NOTHING!

Why is it that you sound like you're simply reciting economic catchwords without knowing the facts behind them? Look at the unemployment rate. Compare unemployment under Bush to unemployment in Clinton's reign. You'll be surprised. Who do YOU think is directly responsible for the price of oil? It isn't Bush. And last I checked, Bush was pressing for exploration in ANWR, a move that liberals opposed. Don't give me some bullshit about how there's not that much, or how it won't be accessible for a few years. And I forget, what alternative sorts of energy did Clinton promote?

Sorry, another absurd comment. What has our strong military done for us, exactly? Wait, I know! We totally beat up on the Iraqi Army, and we sure know what a threat to the American way they were. Question? If our military is so great how come montly enlistments goals are never met despite very generous financial bonuses being offered? Please explain?

If by "never met" you mean, missed slightly in a few of the past 6 months, then yes. It's no surprise that recruiting is tougher in a wartime situation, but recruitment has and is historically strong. From the tone and direction of your comments, I get the impression you read a lot of headlines and very few articles.

This is a very ANTI-AMERICAN statement. Sounds more like someone who prefers a dictatorship? Our Constitution clearly separates the judicial from the other branches of government precisely so comments like yours are not easily influencing their decisions. You know, because you don't like a judicial decision does not make it wrong, it just means that you disagree. That's how it works. Sure comes across as sour grapes when whining Republicans don't get their way, you know?

No, it sounds like he's opposed to the judicial branch overstepping their boundaries and legislating from the bench.

Please prove to us all how Democrats are "easy on criminals"?

There's a reason why felons vote overwhelmingly liberal. And why Hillary wants to allow them to vote.

Great, then start an IRA today and you'll be in great shape. Social Security is not meant to be an investment, it is a govt. entitlement program.

Sure, I'd love to start an IRA. How about the government gives me back my 13% of my income that I pay in SS taxes, and I'll invest that?

Right again. Hitler would have been against the UN too. After all, why should we have any respect for the world community? What does the world know? We're the USA, we know better, we're smarter, right? :rofl

The UN has no credibility, and is quickly becoming a hotbed of inaction. The UN has become completely unable to carry out its purpose.

Arch Enemy said:
Really? Instead of one life taken do we want two lives taken? Instead of diplomacy do we want to sort things out with the country before invading? Yes I know that Saddam was a dictator but it's proven that dictators can be persuaded without violence. What would have been easier for the Iraqi Citizens and the American Soldiers?

What dictators were persuaded without violence?

RightatNYU said:
Euro and gov were pretty easy, Spanish class at my school was kind of a joke, because out of the 15 kids in the AP class, the highest grade would be a 3, and most kids would gets 2's or 1's. Horrible teachers. Music theory is an awesome class, but I was never good enough at it to try the AP.

Good luck in all of it!
The gov test i hear is hard, but the class was so easy. Euro was a impossible class but is supposedly an easy test. The music one was an easy class, but is a hard test, but spanish was a killer...i hope to get a four when his average is a 4.35...damn

ShamMol said:
The gov test i hear is hard, but the class was so easy. Euro was a impossible class but is supposedly an easy test. The music one was an easy class, but is a hard test, but spanish was a killer...i hope to get a four when his average is a 4.35...damn

I found Euro and gov to be pretty easy, they shouldnt give you too much trouble. They're very general, in that it tests your intrinsic knowledge a lot more than specific facts.

RightatNYU said:
As opposed to Clinton who ignored 800,000 in Rwanda. If Bush had invervened, you'd have been the first to accuse him of letting our troops die for "imperialism" and playing world policeman.
Clinton messed up BIG TIME! How come you can't see Bush has messed up big time too? Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said what you wrote, so zip it!
RightatNYU said:
Because we went to war? That's not a logical conclusion. The reason for the strength of the dollar is far deeper than that.
How true! Our trade deficit and budget deficit are two keys, both of which are in the crapper because of BUSH. :toilet:
RightatNYU said:
Who do YOU think is directly responsible for the price of oil? It isn't Bush.
Right, Bush's war in Iraq has nothing to do with it! Bush's deficits have nothing to do with it. Bush's retarded technology policies have nothing to do with it!
RightatNYU said:
And last I checked, Bush was pressing for exploration in ANWR, a move that liberals opposed. Don't give me some bullshit about how there's not that much, or how it won't be accessible for a few years.
:rofl Bush is the WORST ECOLOGY President EVER, by a landslide. He's not done one alternative energy anything. He's only lined his energy buddies pockets with dollars. Are you so naive to actually believe that Bush actually has an energy policy?

Regarding what you call bullshit? Prove to all of us that ANWR is the ANSWER! You surely must know that there's less than one year's supply there IF every barrell were to be found! And at what cost? You won't need to worry about your Social Security because by the time you get old enough to collect the world's pollution might eliminate you from being there to collect...
RightatNYU said:
And I forget, what alternative sorts of energy did Clinton promote?
http://clinton4.nara.gov/WH/EOP/nec/html/MinskEnergy000701.html
RightatNYU said:
If by "never met" you mean, missed slightly in a few of the past 6 months, then yes. It's no surprise that recruiting is tougher in a wartime situation, but recruitment has and is historically strong. From the tone and direction of your comments, I get the impression you read a lot of headlines and very few articles.
You know what they say about people who assume? Do you honestly believe that we're measured by our military? Why don't you ask the people in the Reserves what they think? Or ask their families?
RightatNYU said:
No, it sounds like he's opposed to the judicial branch overstepping their boundaries and legislating from the bench.
Says who? Is that you're considered judicial opinion? Show me some facts!
RightatNYU said:
There's a reason why felons vote overwhelmingly liberal. And why Hillary wants to allow them to vote.
This could be the stupidest comment you've written....this week...
RightatNYU said:
Sure, I'd love to start an IRA. How about the government gives me back my 13% of my income that I pay in SS taxes, and I'll invest that?
Hey? How about not paying any taxes at all? Do I need to remind you that the money that you're contributing today is not to pay for YOUR SS, instead it's to pay for the current retirees, and that if the time comes future generations will pay for you?
RightatNYU said:
The UN has no credibility, and is quickly becoming a hotbed of inaction. The UN has become completely unable to carry out its purpose.
PROVE IT! I really would love you to prove EXACTLY what you've written.

26 X World Champs said:
Clinton messed up BIG TIME! How come you can't see Bush has messed up big time too? Stop putting words in my mouth. I never said what you wrote, so zip it!

I'm sorry that the English language doesn't contain a specific colloquialism that would allow me to say "You, and by you I mean the general left, but not you specifically." For that I apologize. The reason I don't blame Bush for it is because I think it's hypocritical for the left to criticize him for not doing something that there was no public support for, and that would have resulted in a crucifixion from the left.

How true! Our trade deficit and budget deficit are two keys, both of which are in the crapper because of BUSH.

Bullshit. Look at the world factbook. Our public debt is NOT in the crapper, contrary to the bullshit that you hear every day from the left. It's 62.4% of our GDP, which is right in the middle of most of the civilized world. Our trade defecit is growing slightly, but thats not the reason for the weak dollar. The weak dollar has the OPPOSITE effect. When the US dollar falls, it makes other currencies more expensive, increasing the cost of importing goods, decreasing imports and increasing exports. Know your facts before you make ignorant claims.

Right, Bush's war in Iraq has nothing to do with it! Bush's deficits have nothing to do with it. Bush's retarded technology policies have nothing to do with it!

How exactly does the war in Iraq affect it? The deficit is not bad, why are you so damn worried? It's much lower that the historical average. What technology policies in specific are you referring to? The reason prices are rising is because of increased demand. They're still nowhere near their alltime high.

Bush is the WORST ECOLOGY President EVER, by a landslide. He's not done one alternative energy anything. He's only lined his energy buddies pockets with dollars. Are you so naive to actually believe that Bush actually has an energy policy?

I'm glad you know the presidents so intimately.

Regarding what you call bullshit? Prove to all of us that ANWR is the ANSWER! You surely must know that there's less than one year's supply there IF every barrell were to be found! And at what cost? You won't need to worry about your Social Security because by the time you get old enough to collect the world's pollution might eliminate you from being there to collect...

There are 16 billion barrels of oil in anwr, 6 of which can be easily recovered. You're right that that is less that one year's supply, but that's not the question. The question is how much money can be saved. It obviously wouldnt be all used at once, it would be a significant increase in the market, drivign prices down. At $55 a barrel, thats 330,000,000,000 worth of oil that is easily recoverable, and for all barrels, that's worth $880,000,000,000. ALMOST 900 billion dollars. Tell me again how that doesn't mean anything. Those 6 billion barrels could be recovered economically at only $35 a barrel, so at 55?

This link is to a radio address, in 2000, where Clinton talked about all the things he'd like to do. Not only were few of these, if any, enacted, it was in 2000. For the other 7 years of his presidency, what did he do?

You know what they say about people who assume? Do you honestly believe that we're measured by our military? Why don't you ask the people in the Reserves what they think? Or ask their families?

Again, you make a fallacious claim, and when you're pressed on it, you revert to "Well, you don't know anything." How about a fact? You claimed, verbatim, "If our military is so great how come montly enlistments goals are never met despite very generous financial bonuses being offered? Please explain?"

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/joiningthemilitary/a/2004recruitgoal.htm

You are flat out wrong. Enlistment goals were met for nearly every single branch of service in all of 2004. Please explain why you made the ignorant comment you did?

I went through this all in the judicial activism thread, I don't feel like going through it again, check there for what I wrote.

This could be the stupidest comment you've written....this week...

Your opinon doesn't mean it's not true. Care to explain exactly how wrong I am? Or would you rather just deny truths?

Hey? How about not paying any taxes at all? Do I need to remind you that the money that you're contributing today is not to pay for YOUR SS, instead it's to pay for the current retirees, and that if the time comes future generations will pay for you?

No, you don't need to remind me. I'm well aware of the horrible way the system was set up. That's why I want to change it.

PROVE IT! I really would love you to prove EXACTLY what you've written.

How about this: The UN's mission is to promote world peace and act as policemen to prevent genocide. They failed both Rwanda and the Sudan, and have done nothing at all to quell terrorism. Do you know the last thing the UN actually did?

How about this: The UN's mission is to promote world peace and act as policemen to prevent genocide. They failed both Rwanda and the Sudan, and have done nothing at all to quell terrorism. Do you know the last thing the UN actually did?

Besides getting cheated out of the opportunity to come up with a peaceful action against Saddam because we immediately invaded them?

Arch Enemy said:
Besides getting cheated out of the opportunity to come up with a peaceful action against Saddam because we immediately invaded them?

If by immediately, you mean 10 years after the UN imposed sanctions and requirements that Iraq had to meet or face reprisal, then yes.

How on earth can you say we invaded immediately with a straight face?

The planning of this war was nothing if not deliberate.

Back
Top Bottom