• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good Riddance to Democrat House Spending

agree ......it amazes me how people can read a history book and reach conclusions that are the exact opposite of what actually happened.....
Comprehension is a must!

FDR and the government monetary policy caused the Great Depression and it took WW2 to get us out of it. We have done best with the least government interference where we are all able to make our own economic decisions.

Don't think FDR had a hand in it. He certainly eased the pain of the majority of Americans. His policies had pulled us out of the depression by the time WWII came along.

Hoover's lack of action and policies along with the FED are what allowed it to become the great depression. Lots of parallels with what has happened since the Bush recession. Difference is the FED bailed out wall street this time. But are we just kicking the can down the road.

We need tax reform so that they are raised on the ones not paying enough (the bottom 90%)

What a great idea! You should definitely propose this to the GOP to have it added to their platform. Should go over real well with the base! :ROFLMAO: 🤪🤡

Uh...actaully reducing taxes has increased revenue every single time its been done.

No, it doesn't.

Tax cuts reduce government revenues and create either a budget deficit or increased sovereign debt.

And as is typical of conservatives, you post a claim with no linked source.

Last edited:
if that were the reality it we would have perpetual supply side economical prosperity......if that were the case we would have np poor and needy people......we would have no need for welfare programs.......and voters would be satisfied to vote supply side politicians into office

I agree, the majority of people are takers. Theyd rather get handouts than work. And thus they vote for handouts and people who take advantage of their vote to keep them addicted to handouts. And so it only gets worse and feeds itself.

1675169389357.png

I agree, the majority of people are takers. Theyd rather get handouts than work. And thus they vote for handouts and people who take advantage of their vote to keep them addicted to handouts. And so it only gets worse and feeds itself.

View attachment 67434933
This is mostly medicare/medicaid recipients and social security, as boomers are retiring. Those aren't govn't handouts lol

you guys remember those wonderful Reagan tax cuts? here, i drew a white box around about when they happened. look to the left of that white box. then look to the right of that white box.

1675173510916.png

View attachment 67434933

Besides Medicare and Social Security
We have many corporations that don't pay their employees enough to live on. Many, like Walmart, expect their employees to be subsidized by the government to allow them to keep labor cost low.

Reactions: jpn
you guys remember those wonderful Reagan tax cuts? here, i drew a white box around about when they happened. look to the left of that white box. then look to the right of that white box.

View attachment 67434938
Yep. The Reagan tax cuts tripled our existing debt. The next big jump came after the Bush tax cuts and his idiotic war. Then a huge jump following the financial crisis which occurred due primarily to a lack of regulation on financial institutions. The last jump was Covid.

Conclusions: no more tax cuts, more financial regulation, and get vaccinated.

liberals will argue every cent spent is absolutely necessary and we just need to take more money from wage earners is all :(

The Pandemic is Over Act, which would end the public health emergency, passed 220-210 in a vote that saw every Republican vote for it and every Democrat vote against it. But the Freedom for Health Care Workers Act, which would end the vaccination requirement for federal health care workers, passed 227-203 with help from seven Democrats.

read that again .... EVERY Democrat voted to keep spending on the first, and second all but 7

its clear who wants massive spending - I cannot believe liberals argue this

We need tax reform so that they are raised on the ones not paying enough (the bottom 90%) and lower compliance costs, but we need spending cuts even more.
Trump JUST overhauled the tax system. We don't need any more GOP tax reform.

The Pandemic is Over Act, which would end the public health emergency, passed 220-210 in a vote that saw every Republican vote for it and every Democrat vote against it. But the Freedom for Health Care Workers Act, which would end the vaccination requirement for federal health care workers, passed 227-203 with help from seven Democrats.

read that again .... EVERY Democrat voted to keep spending on the first, and second all but 7

its clear who wants massive spending - I cannot believe liberals argue this
Republicans just want to spend the money on other things.

liberals will argue every cent spent is absolutely necessary and we just need to take more money from wage earners is all :(
That argument is a strawman. If you review actual liberal policies you will know that liberals want to reverse the five decade trend on lowering taxes on the richest Americans. Going back to the tax-rates that existed under Reagan, the 50% top rate, would go a long way to lowering the debt.

If you think it's about spending, you need to identify spending that you want to cut that would save $500-600 billion a year, every year.

That argument is a strawman. If you review actual liberal policies you will know that liberals want to reverse the five decade trend on lowering taxes on the richest Americans. Going back to the tax-rates that existed under Reagan, the 50% top rate, would go a long way to lowering the debt.

If you think it's about spending, you need to identify spending that you want to cut that would save $500-600 billion a year, every year.

exactly - the don't want to stop spending

give me power of the pen and I'll cut spending sure - in fact, in the past few weeks I listed all the waste our Govt just spent and I've discussed all the money being sent to other countries etc etc

no, taxation is NOT the issue, period, end of story

exactly - the don't want to stop spending

give me power of the pen and I'll cut spending sure - in fact, in the past few weeks I listed all the waste our Govt just spent and I've discussed all the money being sent to other countries etc etc

no, taxation is NOT the issue, period, end of story
If you DO want to stop spending, you need to identify what you will cut that would yield $500-600 billion per year in savings. If you aren't specific, you are just farting hot air.
The only way to save that amount of money through cuts is eliminating all of Medicaid. That's why the only reasonable solution is undoing previous tax cuts for the wealthy.

If you DO want to stop spending, you need to identify what you will cut that would yield $500-600 billion per year in savings. If you aren't specific, you are just farting hot air.
The only way to save that amount of money through cuts is eliminating all of Medicaid. That's why the only reasonable solution is undoing previous tax cuts for the wealthy.

I'll tell you what, you show me a link that line by line shows me all of how the US Govt spends our taxpayer dollars and I'll spend the time line item all the ways I'd make cuts

47 billion here https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/us-foreign-aid-by-country
50 billion here In 2022, the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress have directed nearly $50 billion in assistance to Ukraine,
10 billion in earmarks on the 2022 massive spending bill

want to talk about the covid spending waste? tens of billions in waste

your side will argue all that spending is needed though - right ? its NOT needed - its wanted, money money money

I'll tell you what, you show me a link that line by line shows me all of how the US Govt spends our taxpayer dollars and I'll spend the time line item all the ways I'd make cuts

47 billion here https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/us-foreign-aid-by-country
50 billion here In 2022, the Biden administration and the U.S. Congress have directed nearly $50 billion in assistance to Ukraine,
10 billion in earmarks on the 2022 massive spending bill

want to talk about the covid spending waste? tens of billions in waste

your side will argue all that spending is needed though - right ? its NOT needed - its wanted, money money money
First, I'm not your research assistant. If you want to make a point with data, do your own research.
Second, you want to eliminate all foreign aid. I guess that you are unaware that most foreign aid is credits to buy American products that support American workers.
Third, you want to stop all aid to Ukraine. Besides the moral imperative of supporting a democracy under attack from a dictator, Russia is hostile to American security and international peace. It threatens the stability of NATO Allies, interfered in U.S. politics, destabilized the Middle East through interventions in Syria and Libya, cheated on arms control agreements, used chemical weapons against dissidents and defectors, and sponsored cyber-attacks against the U.S. and other NATO allies. Allowing Russia to capture Ukraine would mean Russia would control the bread-basket of the world. The U.S. not supporting Ukraine would be a green light for Russia to invade other former Soviet nations.
Third, "earmarks." Those aren't even a rounding error in the federal budget. The American right used to believe in democracy. Now, they support the world's worst dictators and authoritarians.

I previously asked you to find spending cuts that would account for the deficit, $500-600 billion. You found $107 billion that would harm U.S. interests if policymakers took your suggestions.

First, I'm not your research assistant. If you want to make a point with data, do your own research.
Second, you want to eliminate all foreign aid. I guess that you are unaware that most foreign aid is credits to buy American products that support American workers.
Third, you want to stop all aid to Ukraine. Besides the moral imperative of supporting a democracy under attack from a dictator, Russia is hostile to American security and international peace. It threatens the stability of NATO Allies, interfered in U.S. politics, destabilized the Middle East through interventions in Syria and Libya, cheated on arms control agreements, used chemical weapons against dissidents and defectors, and sponsored cyber-attacks against the U.S. and other NATO allies. Allowing Russia to capture Ukraine would mean Russia would control the bread-basket of the world. The U.S. not supporting Ukraine would be a green light for Russia to invade other former Soviet nations.
Third, "earmarks." Those aren't even a rounding error in the federal budget. The American right used to believe in democracy. Now, they support the world's worst dictators and authoritarians.

I previously asked you to find spending cuts that would account for the deficit, $500-600 billion. You found $107 billion that would harm U.S. interests if policymakers took your suggestions.

I have researched - I gave you examples and you justified all that spending just like I said you would

liberals want to spend trillions more than what this Govt has to spend, and you CANNOT tax people of this country trillions more dollars to try and make up for it

impossible

I mean just how much would you raise taxpayers taxes to get even with all this spending and reduce the 32 trillion in debt by say, 15 trillion ?

I need specifics here, detailed numbers (what you asked of me)

To control this, you need a 'grand bargain' with a bipartisan Congress and a President each capable and willing to sell big concessions to their constituants, in order to get that grand bargain of tax increases, and expenditure cuts in both the domestic and military side. What we always get instead yet another a blue ribbon commission and a report two years later, which every politician ignores as they seek to perform for their bases at re-election time. Nobody in Washingtonn is remotely interested in any compromise on any issue right now, and the voters keep rewarding that approach in primary elections by electing nihilist flamethrowers and petty demogogues instead.

I wonder how many conservatives on here complaining about spending and the national debt, are also Social Security and Medicare recipients that will almost certainly receive far more in spending than they ever paid in?

I wonder how many conservatives on here complaining about spending and the national debt, are also Social Security and Medicare recipients that will almost certainly receive far more in spending than they ever paid in?

What matters most to "conservatives" is who receives benefit, um... them, not that they exist.

By my math, democrats passed an additional 4 trillion in additional spending and debt above and beyond regular spending, which was already a trillion over revenue. In addition, most of the continuing resolutions and omnibus bills were passed without bipartisan majorities, so they get a lot of blame for those as well. Here's the breakdown.

Major Democrat Debt Bills:
3/21 H.R.1319 - American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 - 1.9T
11/21 - HR 3684 - "Infrastructure" Investment and Jobs Act 1.2T
8/22 - HR5376 Inflation "Reduction" Act - 750bn

Debt has risen from 27trillion to 32 trillion since democrats took over congress. Now its time to start holding House Republicans accountable, as well as democrats who vote with them on new spending debt.

Money well spent imo! Thank you House Democrats.

Reactions: jpn
Back
Top Bottom