• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good Riddance to Democrat House Spending

jonny5

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
By my math, democrats passed an additional 4 trillion in additional spending and debt above and beyond regular spending, which was already a trillion over revenue. In addition, most of the continuing resolutions and omnibus bills were passed without bipartisan majorities, so they get a lot of blame for those as well. Here's the breakdown.

Major Democrat Debt Bills:
3/21 H.R.1319 - American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 - 1.9T
11/21 - HR 3684 - "Infrastructure" Investment and Jobs Act 1.2T
8/22 - HR5376 Inflation "Reduction" Act - 750bn

Debt has risen from 27trillion to 32 trillion since democrats took over congress. Now its time to start holding House Republicans accountable, as well as democrats who vote with them on new spending debt.

until cuts are made both sides will spend, and the debt will grow, so reducing taxes at this point is crazy but raising them is even more crazy

By my math, democrats passed an additional 4 trillion in additional spending and debt above and beyond regular spending, which was already a trillion over revenue. In addition, most of the continuing resolutions and omnibus bills were passed without bipartisan majorities, so they get a lot of blame for those as well. Here's the breakdown.

Debt has risen from 27trillion to 32 trillion since democrats took over congress. Now its time to start holding House Republicans accountable, as well as democrats who vote with them on new spending debt.

OK, so what are you expecting as FY2024 (annual) federal deficit spending from a republicant majority House? Rounding to the nearest billion is accpetable.

Inflation wasn't high enough for the free spenders in congress?
Not enough of the US population poor enough, and needing government handouts to make it by yet?

Massive multi-thousand page omnibus spending sprees indebting untold future generations, with badly mis-prioritized spending buried in the fine print, with not one single person in the federal legislature knowing what the ****ing hell is in the massive spending bill.

Is this how responsible leaders of a country lead that country? I hardly think so. Congress needs to do it's job, and passing Massive multi-thousand page omnibus spending sprees isn't one of those jobs.

Massive multi-thousand page omnibus spending sprees bills seems to correlate with Pelosi House leadership. Hopefully those Massive multi-thousand page omnibus spending sprees bills will depart along with her leadership.

until cuts are made both sides will spend, and the debt will grow, so reducing taxes at this point is crazy but raising them is even more crazy
clue, reducing taxes caused this

We need to increase not back to where they were but to get back all we did get after all the GOP reductions. REAGAN, BUSH, TUMP.

OK, so what are you expecting as FY2024 (annual) federal deficit spending from a republicant majority House? Rounding to the nearest billion is accpetable.

I expect it to be higher than FY2023, but possibly slower growth than it would have been. I have no idea on if they will propose or go along with additional spending beyond status quo. They dont have big spending priorities like dems do.

We need tax reform so that they are raised on the ones not paying enough (the bottom 90%) and lower compliance costs, but we need spending cuts even more.

Congress needs to do it's job, and passing Massive multi-thousand page omnibus spending sprees isn't one of those jobs.

Well actually it is though. DERP.

LOL thats CHECK and MATE. :sneaky:
checkmate1.gif

We need tax reform so that they are raised on the ones not paying enough (the bottom 90%)

nah, thats a REALLY dumb idea right there in my opinion Jonny.
We arent going to do that, sorry.

reducing taxes at this point is crazy but raising them is even more crazy
You're half right at least Sub, raising taxes on the wealthy isnt "crazy" at all, they've been coddled far too long. I certainly wont hold my breath, but I'd like to see Our President Biden try to address that.

I expect it to be higher than FY2023, but possibly slower growth than it would have been. I have no idea on if they will propose or go along with additional spending beyond status quo. They dont have big spending priorities like dems do.

WTF? So you expect the republicants to borrow more to increase federal spending and call that good?

We need tax reform so that they are raised on the ones not paying enough (the bottom 90%) and lower compliance costs, but we need spending cuts even more.

We've seen that how much they spend has nothing to do with how much they confiscate via taxes, so we might as well have everyone pay as little as possible.

You're half right at least Sub, raising taxes on the wealthy isnt "crazy" at all, they've been coddled far too long. I certainly wont hold my breath, but I'd like to see Our President Biden try to address that.
all for it as long as there are cuts too

clue, reducing taxes caused this

We need to increase not back to where they were but to get back all we did get after all the GOP reductions. REAGAN, BUSH, TUMP.
Uh...actaully reducing taxes has increased revenue every single time its been done

Republican House with Democrat President is the best possible squeeze on spending. The Republicans will do everything they can to try and prevent the Democratic presidency from achieving anything before 2024. The Republicans don't seem to have any economic plan, so obstructing the Dems is the only plan visible so far. Would be interested to see them produce an economic plan for analysis and comparison to what the Dems are doing, but not holding my breath on that. Last significant Republican economic plan announcement I can remember was a deranged speech from Trump in Jan/Feb 2020 (pre covid) when he told us he would fix the deficit/debt by growing the economy at a constant 3% per annum for the next 30 years blah, blah, blah. My disappointment in the lack of a serious Republican economic plan is only second to my disgust at what they have let 'MAGA' turn them into.

Where did I call it good?

Hmm…. Your thread title appeared to consider the (soon to be) republicant House majority to be a good thing.

Good Riddance to Democrat House Spending

When I asked how much (less?) annual federal deficit spending you expected under republicant House control, your answer was that the republicants would (likely?) spend even more. I’m confused about why you think that more annual federal deficit spending is good.

Hmm…. Your thread title appeared to consider the (soon to be) republicant House majority to be a good thing.

When I asked how much (less?) annual federal deficit spending you expected under republicant House control, your answer was that the republicants would (likely?) spend even more. I’m confused about why you think that more annual federal deficit spending is good.

Because you ignored the second half of the sentence.

"I expect it to be higher than FY2023, but possibly slower growth than it would have been."

A reduction in the growth rate of spending REDUCES the deficit.

Back
Top Bottom