• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good old Rock and Roll - Top LIVE perfoemances

rjay

Rocket Surgeon
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
One of my favs:

All four of the original members. Perhaps last live before Moon's death.

Add your favs

I am Canadian. This is the ultimate Canadian Live performance. Canadian k.d. Lang singing Canadian Leonard Cohen's classic at the winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7TRVOM9KQ

Considered by some as the best live r&r performance ever:

This epitomizes having the audience eat out of your hand. No one could ever do that better than Freddie

Last edited:
Pink Floyd and Emerson, Lake & Palmer for the stage show/effects as well as the music and Bruce Springsteen because they use no "warm up" band and offered a four hour performance.

This was uploaded TWELVE years ago, back when YouTube only put out at 240, so it's not the greatest picture quality. The actual video is light years better, but this was as good as it gets on the YouTube of 2006.

I don't want to re-upload it because it has almost a million views.

Leon Russell - Stranger in a Strange Land
From "The Best of the Leon Russell Festivals" DVD (1972)

Queen again Montreal 1981

This band performed:

Not exactly old to me but I guess they would be considered now

Pink Floyd and Emerson, Lake & Palmer for the stage show/effects as well as the music and Bruce Springsteen because they use no "warm up" band and offered a four hour performance.

Although I probably agree. I would like to see a link to a live performance that rocks.

When you heard R&R you held no punches. Thanks, we all need to remember the real stuff

I try. Thanks. I love da music. All of it. :)

Check out my posts in the what are you listening to thread. Everyone there is posting great music. More contributors make for more fun.

I am Canadian. This is the ultimate Canadian Live performance. Canadian k.d. Lang singing Canadian Leonard Cohen's classic at the winter Olympics in Vancouver, Canada
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3q7TRVOM9KQ

I'm not Canadian, but one of my favorite live performances was performed by a Canadian band. I saw Rush at the Spectrum in Philly in 1990. It was one of the few places that required a 2nd date, which was oddly performed 3 days after the first date, and after doing another show @ East Rutherford NJ. So they did a show, packed up, travelled somewhere else to do another show, came back, and set up again for a 2nd show! Although I don't recall that particular album that they were touring in support of being very good(Presto), they did a lot of their older songs, and as usual, they were spot-on with their performance and skill.

One of my favs:

All four of the original members. Perhaps last live before Moon's death.

Add your favs

I saw them twice in 1970 when they were at their peak.

Queen again Montreal 1981

This band performed:

I was about to say...you could just go with the entire Live at Montreal concert.

The ENTIRE Pulse Concert...

Back
Top Bottom