• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good news for President Biden

How would you describe the first 300 days of President Biden's term?

• President Biden is the greatest President ever

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Considering the environment, President Biden is doing pretty well.

Votes: 25 54.3%
  • Considering the environment, President Biden is not doing very well.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • President Biden is the worst President ever.

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

mrjurrs

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
About 300 days in and President Biden has delivered massive covid relief. With increasing vaccination numbers it looks as if covid delta has crested and is heading down. The economy added over 530,000 jobs in October and the Dow Jones is at its highest level ever. The American military is out of Afghanistan after 20 years. The largest single investment in the nation's infrastructure since FDR is on the President's desk.

Oh, just wait for the next variant to come roaring out of red states....

About 300 days in and President Biden has delivered massive covid relief. With increasing vaccination numbers it looks as if covid delta has crested and is heading down. The economy added over 530,000 jobs in October and the Dow Jones is at its highest level ever. The American military is out of Afghanistan after 20 years. The largest single investment in the nation's infrastructure since FDR is on the President's desk.

Poverty was also cut in half this year, hitting its lowest level ever, and we may well be at the highest health coverage levels in American history.

Maybe when we find out who is running the presidency, we can talk.....until then, it's clear Biden is not. Who are those behind the scenes Biden is always referring, as in he's going to get into trouble, etc.? Open borders during a pandemic, leaving US citizens behind in Afghanistan, going back to oil and gas dependency, by decree mandating vaccines, hundreds of ships awaiting off our coasts to be offloaded, inflation, Hunters artwork sales,.....should I go on?

Biden's policies and actions (EOs) seem clearly 'America and American's last', and I don't agree with them and think they are damaging both America and American's.

Maybe when we find out who is running the presidency, we can talk.....until then, it's clear Biden is not. Who are those behind the scenes Biden is always referring, as in he's going to get into trouble, etc.? Open borders during a pandemic, leaving US citizens behind in Afghanistan, going back to oil and gas dependency, by decree mandating vaccines, hundreds of ships awaiting off our coasts to be offloaded, inflation, Hunters artwork sales,.....should I go on?
So the career politician isn't running the government, but the talk show host did a smacking job at it? Oh gosh, let me guess, FB?

Getting us out of Afghanistan was good.
The covid relief bill was good.
The bipartisan infrastructure bill was good.
The Endless Frontier Act was good.

The BBB looks like it will be a flaming pile of crap, if it passes at all.

I would say he's doing average - I'd give him a B- or C+ at this point.

Aside from some early communication stumbles, the COVID response was exactly what I expected. I'm glad he wrapped up Afghanistan but the organization and messaging left a lot to be desired. I am concerned about inflation and his administration's seeming blindness to it as a concern for many Americans. I am happy he got the infrastructure bill out, and think it is a great piece of legislation, and I do not blame him personally for the bill getting stuck in the House (although I do blame his party). Finally, I am not happy with what appears to be inaction and disinterest in immigration reform and border control. I will not be voting D in 2022 if I don't see some action on this topic in the next 4-6 months.

Most of that is far from being worthwhile accomplishments

So the career politician isn't running the government, but the talk show host did a smacking job at it? Oh gosh, let me guess, FB?

Just the latest.....Biden, when asked about the paying of illegal immigrants for breaking into our country illegally, said it's not going to happen, it's all bs......next day, oh yes it's going to happen and gets mad at a reporter for asking about it. One day to the next, a total flip flop.....so, who's telling ole Joe what to say or not what to say?.....what happened during the primaries, when ole Joe was all but gone and out, then suddenly the others dropped out and let him have it?.....was a deal made, and now we can see something is going on behind the scenes? If others are directing ole Joe what to say, what not to say, what policies are enacted, then there needs to be answers, for they were NOT elected to be the president, right?

Is it reading or understanding that has you baffled?

Incoherence.

Particularly from the MAGA crowd that kissed Xi's ass and touted his COVID response, kept us in Afghanistan, and blocked investments in American infrastructure. But sure "America first" or whatever slogan you use to paper over your admiration of foreign autocrats and your opposition to American liberal democracy.

* President Biden first 300 days were surreal. Still trying to wake up from the nightmare.
He has made Bill Clinton and Jimmah look extremely competent and will retire Pelosi so he isn't a total loss if we can survive the next 900. Just puked a little bit at that thought. 900! FJB

Is it reading or understanding that has you baffled?

Vacuity. It's the phrase "Americans last" with a sentence composed around it.

Incoherence.

Particularly from the MAGA crowd that kissed Xi's ass and touted his COVID response, kept us in Afghanistan, and blocked investments in American infrastructure. But sure "America first" or whatever slogan you use to paper over your admiration of foreign autocrats and your opposition to American liberal democracy.
Understanding. It was perfectly coherent.

Biden's policies and actions (EOs) seem clearly 'America and American's last', and I don't agree with them and think they are damaging both America and American's.

You don't "Build Back Better" by removing our independence on gas and oil.....you don't "Build Back Better" by decreeing get vaccinated or lose your means to support your family.....you don't "Build Back Better" by simply blaming everything on the previous president.....and lastly you don't "Build Back Better" by leaving US citizens behind enemy lines, then just ignore the issue, as if it never occurred.

Regarding your examples...

There is no reason to think covid delta has crashed because of any vaccine.​
One third of work-eligible Americans are not taking part in the workforce.​
Good for the Dow. Wall Street gamblers are happy, but it doesn't do anything for poor and lower middle class Americans who don't have enough money to invest.​
The military is out of Afghanistan. Good. But THOUSANDS of Americans are still stuck there.​
We could have had an infrastructure bill that costs American taxpayers a fraction of the monstrosity on Biden's desk.​

In the meantime...

Inflation...which had been below 2% for four years is constantly rising, which reduces the buying power of American wages. In effect, it's a wage cut for EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN, no matter what their source of income.​
We are now at the mercy of OPEC and oil prices...which affect EVERY facet of the country...are going up.​
Corporations are set to see increased taxes which will be passed on to consumers.​

How would I describe the first 300 days of Puppet Biden's term?

A ****ing god-damned disaster!

* President Biden first 300 days were surreal. Still trying to wake up from the nightmare.
He has made Bill Clinton and Jimmah look extremely competent and will retire Pelosi so he isn't a total loss if we can survive the next 900. Just puked a little bit at that thought. 900! FJB

Are you Icelandic or something? The President can't "retire" the Leader of the House.

Understanding. It was perfectly coherent.

Must be a language barrier. See, I'm an American, so "America first" to me means pivoting from nation-building overseas to nation-building here at home, investing in our infrastructure and people. Not idolizing foreign autocrats but instead rejoicing in liberal democracy.

Regarding your examples...

There is no reason to think covid delta has crashed because of any vaccine.​
One third of work-eligible Americans are not taking part in the workforce.​
Good for the Dow. Wall Street gamblers are happy, but it doesn't do anything for poor and lower middle class Americans who don't have enough money to invest.​
The military is out of Afghanistan. Good. But THOUSANDS of Americans are still stuck there.​
We could have had an infrastructure bill that costs American taxpayers a fraction of the monstrosity on Biden's desk.​

In the meantime...

Inflation...which had been below 2% for four years is constantly rising, which reduces the buying power of American wages. In effect, it's a wage cut for EVERY SINGLE AMERICAN, no matter what their source of income.​
We are now at the mercy of OPEC and oil prices...which affect EVERY facet of the country...are going up.​
Corporations are set to see increased taxes which will be passed on to consumers.​

How would I describe the first 300 days of Puppet Biden's term?

A ****ing god-damned disaster!

Let's go Brandon!!!

79,000 were evacuated. The hundreds who remain either didn't come forward, or actually chose to stay.

The key is multiple citizenship. It might boggle your mind, but some Afghan citizens actually preferred to stay. And they may have changed their mind now, but flying C-130's in to get them, is out of the question. They'll have to take a commercial flight from Kabul, or cross a border and fly out from somewhere else.

JUST ONE of the dual nationals commits a terrorist act in the US and you'll be blaming Biden, admit it.

"Good news for Senile Joe" sounds to me like akin to whistling past the graveyard

Are you Icelandic or something? The President can't "retire" the Leader of the House.
Obama/Biden retired her once before ( as speaker) Not sure there is enough botox to bring her back again. I am trying to give sleepy Joe credit for something; work with me.

Back
Top Bottom