• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Good news for GPU buyers

OK fine, part politics, part gaming. But the important thing is that the GPU tariffs are being dropped so we hopefully will see an across-the-board reduction in prices.
Gpu prices were not killed by tariffs, what caused them to go sky high was botcoin and other digital currency, as the main resource bitcoin miners sought was mid to high end gpu's, the extreme demand far outpacing supply is what drove prices sky high.

Prices have started to drop because bitcoin has taken some hit's. Bitcoin is still worth a pretty penny but with it no longer just going up and floating back and forth around half it's high end price, farmers suddenly are skeptical in putting millions in gpu sets to farm bitcoin vs before when they though it was the goose that layed the golden eggs and would never stop.

Best not to forget a lot of the materials used to make and manufacture GPUs come from Russia and Ukraine.
Actually ukraine is not a big player there, it is actually russia and china, as they hold the bulk of the earths rare earth materials.

There are rare earth materials elsewhere but much like gas no one invested and everyone wet with the cheapest sources. Tesla is looking into expanding mining to secure lithium like they feel russia being out of the way china is the big dog in lithium, and if china goes hostile the green energy movement would be impossible.

He is currently looking to the possibility with china supplying most of what is needed for green energy, and china cutting the world off, china can entirely shut down the whole worlds economy unless the world developes backup plans. Tesla seems to be one of the few actually trying to explore and develop backups while everyone else is doing to lithium like germany is doing to gas, go balls to the wall on cheap gas and pray war or sanctions do not end the basket holding all of their eggs.

I bought Microsoft Flight Sim, still can't run it with every bell and whistle at ultra, but, I got good graphics and 30 FPS. The tough part has been setting up my yoke and figuring out how to make all the settings for each button. I found lots of great liveries for an A320 Neo, and got a A330, and an A321 installed plus all the other planes, still downloading new free content. Its been fun....

Back
Top Bottom